Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This movie's score is a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The extended cut of Southland Tales explains a whole lot more than it really needs to. It's still pretty radical, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe posted:

Also The Giver is real good, guy who said Maze runner was better.
The Giver was way more interesting than I thought it would be.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress I missed my opportunity to be immortalized as a part of CineD that people respect and admire

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Egbert Souse posted:

Anyone who wants to be in my CineD video post the movie still you want under your name. I assumed Dickeye would be a Ferris Bueller shot and something with Guy Fieri for Rageaholic.

I can put as many names as possible because I can just copy multiple title sequences. I'm doing animation tests for movement and resolution for an unrelated project.

Room for two more.

Jenny Angel posted:

gently caress I missed my opportunity to be immortalized as a part of CineD that people respect and admire

I didn't see no deadline!

You're cool and a super dad.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 19, 2015

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

I Before E posted:

The extended cut of Southland Tales explains a whole lot more than it really needs to. It's still pretty radical, though.

Just like Donnie Dario's director's cut. It really doesn't help you give Richard Kelly the benefit of the doubt. I love Donnie Darko and Southland Tales but Kelly really gets in the way of himself sometimes and has no idea what makes his movies good.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Discount Viscount posted:

I didn't see no deadline!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My contribution to the CineD SuperCut

Also The Neverending Story is a movie thats p. pretty but definitely overuses the wonder of obvious greenscreening to a level I can't honestly remember in another movie

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:
Yo Dickeye, since you were posting about The Mountain Goats a few pages ago, you should read John Darnielle's novel Wolf in White Van. It centers on an esoteric play-by-mail RPG and violent crime so it's probably something you'd enjoy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jenny Angel posted:

You're probably better off.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I Before E posted:

I'm drink and watching Southland Tales. It's really good.

I freaking loved it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I did not expect to like Everybody's Gone To The Rapture nearly as much as I ended up liking it. It is like one of the most annoying ways I can think if to present a story but I still found the game to be really beautiful and the story dragged me in so :shrug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

What the gently caress is going on here?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Have Italian horror filmmakers spent the last 4+ decades in some kind of "who can make the least loving sense" competition?

Because I think The Church is winning.

This is the problem I've always had with Italian horror. And any time I've ever brought it up I just get hit with a barrage of "It's supposed to be dream like!", except I've never seen an Italian horror film I would describe as such. It's more like a bunch of arbitrary and half baked ideas thrown together for 90 minutes where occasionally something looks kind of cool. I've never understood the appeal.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Art School Confidential is so goddamn great, but I completely understand why nobody liked it at the time.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I don't know why the gently caress I'm watching Bill Maher but god drat I hate that motherfucker. Sometimes he has cool guests I guess.

What unspeakable thing did he say this time to get people outraged?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CPL593H posted:

What the gently caress is going on here?

The dad turned into a rat and was missing for a while but he turned up again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zVxTeflon posted:

He once compared needle exchange programs to giving condoms to rapists, so something equally horrible.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Egbert Souse posted:

Anyone who wants to be in my CineD video post the movie still you want under your name. I assumed Dickeye would be a Ferris Bueller shot and something with Guy Fieri for Rageaholic.

I can put as many names as possible because I can just copy multiple title sequences. I'm doing animation tests for movement and resolution for an unrelated project.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

This is the problem I've always had with Italian horror. And any time I've ever brought it up I just get hit with a barrage of "It's supposed to be dream like!", except I've never seen an Italian horror film I would describe as such. It's more like a bunch of arbitrary and half baked ideas thrown together for 90 minutes where occasionally something looks kind of cool. I've never understood the appeal.

I don't have a ton of first-hand knowledge of this, but I have heard that a lot of old Italian horror films were butchered in editing when they were brought over to America. The films were too long, so the editors just chopped out a bunch of scenes, sometimes breaking the logic of the movie.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't have a ton of first-hand knowledge of this, but I have heard that a lot of old Italian horror films were butchered in editing when they were brought over to America. The films were too long, so the editors just chopped out a bunch of scenes, sometimes breaking the logic of the movie.

This would make a lot of sense if it's true.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jenny Angel posted:

It's probably better, given the terrible things you've been saying about other posters. For shame!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

How did Trancers come up without this being posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krURQHXV62Y

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

GonSmithe posted:

Also The Giver is real good, guy who said Maze runner was better.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I like a few things in The Giver, the set design, Jeff Bridges' performance, and the combination of black-and-white and colour cinematography, but the rest of the film did nothing for me. Maze Runner at least managed to build some tension, and I thought the youth performances were better overall.

Then again, maybe my opinion is clouded by my initial expectations. Maze Runner is a decent adaptation of a mediocre book, so I was pleasantly surprised. The Giver is a decent adaptation of a great book, so I can't help but compare it unfavourably to the source material.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Power of Pecota posted:

How did Trancers come up without this being posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krURQHXV62Y

That's trancers 2 and we were discussing the first one

T2 is fantastic though. "I put up with a lot, Jack Deth, but TWO WIVES?!?!?!?"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Happy 25th birthday, Goodfellas. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6MJIjCJ20

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dreadnought posted:

Yo Dickeye, since you were posting about The Mountain Goats a few pages ago, you should read John Darnielle's novel Wolf in White Van. It centers on an esoteric play-by-mail RPG and violent crime so it's probably something you'd enjoy

There's like a fifty fifty shot of me enjoying this knowing what I do about Darnielle and the overlap in our tastes

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

zVxTeflon posted:

It was his usual Islamophobia schtick in relation to the clock kid. Nothing really out of the ordinary for him.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CPL593H posted:

that sucks for you

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Watching a lot of giallo over the past couple of years, the purported use of nonsequiturs is way, way overstated. The whole genre is based on formulaic potboilers, which use cryptic symbols and unexplained events about as frequently as American style thriller novels.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I'm really happy a 12 year old who wants to vote for Ted Cruz is getting national coverage because of his opinions on the president. We seriously live in a day and age where a 12 year old with a good vocabulary spouting nonsense is getting news coverage.
My favorite part is conservatives hoping to it because the kid is black and saying bad things about Black Lives Matter and gay people, mostly because they'd be demonizing him if he said the opposite.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

GonSmithe posted:

I'm really happy a 12 year old who wants to vote for Ted Cruz is getting national coverage because of his opinions on the president. We seriously live in a day and age where a 12 year old with a good vocabulary spouting nonsense is getting news coverage.
My favorite part is conservatives hoping to it because the kid is black and saying bad things about Black Lives Matter and gay people, mostly because they'd be demonizing him if he said the opposite.

It seems like every election cycle, Fox News touts some whiz kid who's a one-man conservative think tank, without realizing the subtext of having a child spout your ideology.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

literally not even the first time this has happened during this administration

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It seems like every election cycle, Fox News touts some whiz kid who's a one-man conservative think tank, without realizing the subtext of having a child spout your ideology.

Upworthy definitely has this kind of appeal but American conservatives have the poo poo that never happened human interest stories on lockdown.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Watched Jee-woon Kim's A bittersweet Life and liked it a lot. It's not as intense of viciously unpleasant as I Saw the Devil but still a pretty gorgeous action drama, and Byung-hun Lee is a ridiculously handsome man. I'm kind of torn on Jee-woon Kim's body of work because The Quiet Family and A Tale of Two Sisters didn't impress me all that much, but I very much liked the aforementioned movies and even The Last Stand. Gotta track down The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

therattle posted:

It's probably better, given the terrible things you've been saying about other posters. For shame!

:smith: I'm going to have to live with this running joke aren't I

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jenny, did you make it to Sicario last night?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jenny Angel posted:

Only if you see the funny side of it! Otherwise it's not a very good joke.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Afraid so Holocaust Cockblock

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My favourite was the 10 year old from a few years ago saying that Obama was the most liberal president of his lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Skwirl posted:

What's that website that has tons and tons of movie stills? Like it was organized by movie then it would have about a billion, in chronological order for the movie.

This was a couple pages back but http://movie-screencaps.com/ is the one I used once. Certainly has billions, like 80 pages of 100 images per page for Tree of Life

• Locked thread