Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ReActor
Jun 1, 2000

MEANIE
Totally awesome. And this seriously would make a great film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fdask
Mar 9, 2004

... not just for perverts and old men anymore ...
Your story is awesome. Spiders and feces and sax's, oh my!

Seriously though, that :scax: smiley needs to be added to these forums immediately.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
I swear, I'll never complain about my horrible roommate on the internet ever again. You're a hero, voted 5.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is by far the most incredible thing I've ever read on the internet. I can't possibly muster up the words to describe my feelings for this whole thread, so I'll just let my voting do the talking.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Many cities have publicly available police logs. You should dig these up - I'd love to see how these calls were logged.

kotau
Mar 21, 2003

Whatever is not forbidden is compulsory.
You could have gotten him kicked out simply by telling your landlord that he was selling drugs out of the apartment. Never mind poo poo in the oven.

Seriously, why would any sane person put up with this? Did you think you had something to prove?

superuser
Sep 11, 2001

Auctorita tergo solium
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress did Jed get a girlfriend? :mad:

On a more positive note, that was the best story I've ever read. Hands down. I'd say it was even better than the pant making GBS threads megathread, which is drat hard to beat. :)

Definite 5.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

quote:

Martin Random came out of the sealed closet to say:
I unlocked the front door of the apartment and pushed it open, after confirming that Jed's truck was gone. The lights in the place were out and the shades were drawn. The light shone inside and revealed that there were strange particulates hanging in the air. Not quite smoke. I would almost say that the odor was so thick in the apartment that it could be seen with the naked eye. Upon reflection, I imagine that what I was seeing was mold spores.
As someone who does a bit of work in burned and damaged homes, I would not enter a house like the one you have described without a protective suit and a half-mask. Vicks Vaporub does nothing for keeping that crap out of your lungs. This sounds worse than anything I've ever had to deal with. At least when the house burns down, some of the feces and student papers will go with it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

quote:

Martin Random came out of the closet to say:

That picture is awesome and I'm saving it.
This entire thread is awesome and I'm saving it. That is possibly the craziest person I have and will ever hear of.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

That's loving insane. best story I've read in a long time. Wow, just wow.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

sigtrap came out of the closet to say:
Many cities have publicly available police logs. You should dig these up - I'd love to see how these calls were logged.

I actually have the blotter somewhere, I saved it.

The call to the police was pretty together. I think my summation to the police dispatcher went something like, "My room mate had an accident and he is trapped inside his apartment covered in feces and has injuries to his head. He is psychotic and might harm himself."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Shawnatrip
Dec 30, 2002

Yeah.
Dude WTF did the cops say when they got there?! What did his parents say about the whole thing? Do you have any idea what the cleaning costs were?

Jenkin
Jan 21, 2003

Piracy is our only option.
I'm shocked that he didn't kill himself from the mould, really. That poo poo is toxic.

I shouldn't post
Oct 17, 2004

by SpokkerJones
This is the best thread ever. How old were you at the time?

----------------

Clownhunter
Jun 16, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess
Give us more background on Jeb. Did he just come across as a free spirited party animal when you first met him? What kind of music did he listen to? What does he look like?

----------------

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Shawnatrip came out of the closet to say:
Dude WTF did the cops say when they got there?! What did his parents say about the whole thing? Do you have any idea what the cleaning costs were?

The cleaning costs were somewhere around twenty five thousand dollars. I know I scored around 8 thousand dollars after it was all said and done. I don't know what the police said, and his parents refused to speak to me except through lawyers.

I know they called some special unit or something with moonsuits to extract Jeb from his shithole, but I didn't stick around much after that before going to the hospital. I drove myself.

----------------

Dislodge
Oct 2, 2003

Anyone got some visine?

quote:

I actually have the blotter somewhere, I saved it.

The call to the police was pretty together. I think my summation to the police dispatcher went something like, "My room mate had an accident and he is trapped inside his apartment covered in feces and has injuries to his head. He is psychotic and might harm himself."

You don't happen to live in San Luis Obispo, CA do you? This sounds an awful lot like what I imagine must have happened to a (crazy crazy crazy) guy I used to know... who's named Jed.
Hopefully you'll say 'no.'

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Absolutely incredible story.

Congrats on coming out on top - few would have had the willpower.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

quote:

Dislodge came out of the closet to say:

You don't happen to live in San Luis Obispo, CA do you? This sounds an awful lot like what I imagine must have happened to a (crazy crazy crazy) guy I used to know... who's named Jed.

This would be a crazy and exciting plot twist.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

this is the best story ever written. thank you very much for sharing it.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Clownhunter came out of the closet to say:
Give us more background on Jeb. Did he just come across as a free spirited party animal when you first met him? What kind of music did he listen to? What does he look like?

Jeb was the dyslexic slightly medicated son of wealthy, distant parentage. He had trouble in school and wasn't very smart, and had a little bit of trouble dealing with things on a rational level since I first met him; I think this was due to the fact that he's been medicated since high school.

He was white as can be, with blond hair, and very skinny. I am only 6 feet tall and 150 pounds (I get a lot of aerobic exercise so it's difficult to maintain bulk) and he was smaller than I am. I could easily overpower him.

He dropped out of high school because of his dyslexia, got a GED, and finally attended a two year college at the time of the incident. He worked at longs drugs as a stock boy despite the fact that he didn't need the money, and made most of his friends through his job. I don't know if you know this, but longs drugs employees are some heavy drinkers and heavy partiers.

He had trouble with drugs, and while I knew him went from completely clean to having a problem with alcohol to going as far as snorting cocaine off of our television set once during a party. He was a pretty decent, but troubled guy before he went apeshit crazy.

I, in contrast, am a very clean, humorless fellow who never drinks, parties, or watches TV. Some would call me "obnoxiously uptight" but I break that mold by being extremely easygoing and laid back about everything. So I'm very uptight with myself without being uptight with others, if that makes sense. I'm the ultimate stoic.

Also I was just reminiscing with a friend who reminded me that I was screaming at the apartment afterwards calling him a "Shitbathing nazi"

----------------

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

quote:

The_Franz came out of the closet to say:
That is possibly the craziest person I have and will ever hear of.

You hope. I hope. Oh, god, we all hope.

Great story. I believe it.

----------------

ReActor
Jun 1, 2000

MEANIE

quote:

He had trouble with drugs, and while I knew him went from completely clean to having a problem with alcohol to going as far as snorting cocaine off of our television set once during a party. He was a pretty decent, but troubled guy before he went apeshit crazy.

I, in contrast, am a very clean, humorless fellow who never drinks, parties, or watches TV. Some would call me "obnoxiously uptight" but I break that mold by being extremely easygoing and laid back about everything. So I'm very uptight with myself without being uptight with others, if that makes sense. I'm the ultimate stoic.

This reads like the concept of a sitcom. It could be a sitcom. But with a bathful of poo poo.

Panda steak
Nov 22, 2003

Gayer than a bag of butterfies!
Best post ever.

kotau
Mar 21, 2003

Yeah, way to ignore what I said. You seem to have very serious emotional problems, describing your room as the "fortress of light" and making all these analogies to FPS games like you're some kind of superhero. I think either this is all a lie, or you have so little of a life that you put up with this poo poo just so you could make yourself feel like a hero. In any case, this is all pathetic and could have been resolved long before your "apartment raid" with a simple call to the landlord or the police.

If this is true, the fact that you didn't do anything about the situation made it infinitely worse. I think we can all learn a lesson from that.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

kotau came out of the closet to say:

If this is true, the fact that you didn't do anything about the situation made it infinitely worse. I think we can all learn a lesson from that.

I agree, what I did was absolutely the worst response to the situation. If you think about it, this poor guy had a serious problem, and I was the only one who could help him, and I chose not to. I am in no way a hero in this situation. It is only the most capricious, fateful of windfalls that neither of us are dead, and I ended up enriched in the end.

----------------

kotau
Mar 21, 2003

quote:

I agree, what I did was absolutely the worst response to the situation. If you think about it, this poor guy had a serious problem, and I was the only one who could help him, and I chose not to. I am in no way a hero in this situation. It is only the most capricious, fateful of windfalls that neither of us are dead, and I ended up enriched in the end.
Yeah, that's my point exactly, but I still don't understand why you didn't solve it the simple way earlier on by contacting the proper authorities. Why didn't you?

The Debian
Oct 31, 2003
NOW MY CUSTOM TITLE IS THE MOST ANNOYING ONE IN THE BOSTON THREAD!

quote:

Dislodge came out of the closet to say:

Well, there is a Longs Drug in San Luis Obispo..
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py...1qtoZq_sbjA.w--
But I don't know how common those things are.

quote:

dorkfish came out of the closet to say:
Best thread ever.

AgentRavyn
Feb 9, 2004

by Livestock
I must express my surprise that the poo poo odor didn't break through your door sealant. Did you actually caulk up the doorway, or did you do the tried-and-true, good-enough-for-the-government duct tape and saran wrap method?

Also, this may be the best thread ever.

----------------

pengO
Apr 15, 2003

get weird, turn pro

quote:

Yeah, way to ignore what I said. You seem to have very serious emotional problems, describing your room as the "fortress of light" and making all these analogies to FPS games like you're some kind of superhero. I think either this is all a lie, or you have so little of a life that you put up with this poo poo just so you could make yourself feel like a hero. In any case, this is all pathetic and could have been resolved long before your "apartment raid" with a simple call to the landlord or the police.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. They're both completely loving crazy. Anyone who puts up with something like this is totally out of their mind. There's a difference between being laid-back and letting someone cover half your house in poo poo and surrender to them with carefully-planned traps. If somebody shits in your stove and physically hurts you and gives you pubic lice and you don't do a loving thing about it, you're just as crazy as him.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Yeah, that's my point exactly, but I still don't understand why you didn't solve it the simple way earlier on by contacting the proper authorities. Why didn't you?

I go over this rationale earlier in the thread. Really, it was so long ago I find it hard to remember just why I did what I did, the way I did it. Partly I left things as they were because I was mad, and I wanted to prove that he would really gently caress things up if I wasn't there to clean his poo poo up. Partly, I didn't really care what he did, because if he hosed stuff up it was his rear end on the line. Partly, I was sort of curious, in that manner of a distant bystander, just how awful things would get before the forces around us intervened. Finally, I wanted to see how long I could get by witholding rent in a righteous indignation. Really, I let it go on for the most petty, inexcusable reasons imaginable.

----------------

let's dance
Oct 29, 2004
[ignore this]

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
thank you for making work interesting today

awesome story, voted 5

kotau
Mar 21, 2003

quote:

I go over this rationale earlier in the thread. Really, it was so long ago I find it hard to remember just why I did what I did, the way I did it. Partly I left things as they were because I was mad, and I wanted to prove that he would really gently caress things up if I wasn't there to clean his poo poo up. Partly, I didn't really care what he did, because if he hosed stuff up it was his rear end on the line. Partly, I was sort of curious, in that manner of a distant bystander, just how awful things would get before the forces around us intervened. Finally, I wanted to see how long I could get by witholding rent in a righteous indignation. Really, I let it go on for the most petty, inexcusable reasons imaginable.
I understand the way you felt to an extent. The guy sort of did deserve what happened to him and I suppose I would have been curious about how far he would let it go too, but in a situation like that in your own home it does seem pretty crazy to put up with it the way you did. I mean, you weren't a distant bystander. It was your living room!

Anyway I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just hoping that everyone sees that this is exactly what should not be done in this situation.

jax
Jun 18, 2001

I love my brick.

quote:

"My room mate had an accident ...."

Indeed! Awesome story.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I can believe this story because the person who lived in my old apartment was very much like this, though not to Jeb's extent. Wealthy mostly uninvolved parents, a drug problem... but throw in a dog with a house training problem and a loving baby. No total psychotic breakdowns, but the paramedics busted the door down a few times. When her family couldn't get in touch with her they would have them go over there, and she would inevitably be absent/stoned/whatever and not answer, and her family would give them permission to bust the door down, fearing for their daughter/granddaughter's safety (though obviously not too much). This is how I came to be aware of this story, as I asked the guy at the office what the deal with out door was. I later hear more of it from various neighbors.

Oh, also, we had to wait to move in for two weeks because she didn't move her stuff out and the apartment people were waiting til the last possible minute to move it to give her a chance to come get it, which she didn't do anyway. They had to basically redo the interior of the apartment once they got her poo poo out of there, also- new paint, carpet, new toilet parts, new oven parts, the works.

FZl1f6wN5SnzjVSLCKg5WKpFGeudsWFi

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

I'm just hoping that everyone sees that this is exactly what should not be done in this situation.

Thanks, mom.

Seriously what the gently caress do you care? Shut up and let him give us more epilogue details. This is a great thread because he did not do what you think is the correct plan of action.

Clownhunter
Jun 16, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess
I'm interested as to he got that much poo poo in the bathtub without it drying out over time (assuming he constantly shat in the bathtub as opposed to merely pouring the poo poo he collected in jars into the tub). Maybe he poured a steady supply of urine in it from the jugs to keep the fecal matter moist.

----------------

donny_paycheck
Sep 11, 2001

Sometimes I fall down.
Great post. Jed sounds a lot like the roommate in that poopsocks story from way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Is on the way to getting up the energy to consider MSPainting the whole ordeal.

I'm going to call BS, but even if it is, this thread is made out of gold that is, in fact, more gold than gold