Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4s
Former Chiefs WR/KR Dexter McCluster reached agreement on a 3-yr deal with the Titans, per ESPN league sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17s
Former Texans defensive tackle Earl Mitchell is expected to land a 4-yr, $16M deal that includes $9M GTD with Dolphins.

Probably a bit of an overpay on Earl

e: For PantsFreeZone: He's a good run stopper in the middle, doesn't get to the passer very often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So if I'm reading this right, the Raiders are paying Saffold more than Veldheer got from the Cards? Puzzling.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dexo posted:

Making moves yo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ShakeZula posted:

So if I'm reading this right, the Raiders are paying Saffold more than Veldheer got from the Cards? Puzzling.

Yeah, it seems crazy

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

WHY.

why would you do that

gotta reach that cap floor somehow!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Cardinals WR Andre Roberts reached agreement on a 4-yr, $16 million deal with the Redskins, per source.

I hope Schefter going in twitter jail with everything happening at once

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Deals gettin done

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49s
Former Seahawks DT Clinton McDonald reached agreement on a 4-yr, $12M deal with Buccaneers, per ESPN sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Former Browns G Shawn Lauvao reached agreement on a 4-yr, $17M deal with the Washington Redskins, per sources.

Former Cardinals WR Andre Roberts reached agreement on a 4-yr, $16 million deal with the Redskins, per source.

Former Giants TE Brandon Myers reached agreement on a 2-year, $4 million deal with Bucs, per sources.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
i'm tasting bile

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Cowboys have released Ware.

E: way beaten. It had to happen. It's not even about the money so much--he was clearly declining and even with cap space he wasn't worth what he was set to be paid.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Dexo posted:

Making moves yo

:getin:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Raiders moves are very surprising. Ouch.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also, don't worry, I will update the OP once all this calms down.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

I hope Schefter going in twitter jail with everything happening at once

This is pretty reasonable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Instead of individual links, just follow this until Schef goes into Twitter jail https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2m
DE Antonio Smith says he wants to stay with Texans but has visits lined up with Redskins, Titans, Rams and Raiders. He's 32 and 10-year vet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ShakeZula posted:

Schefter basically just said all that on ESPN, FWIW. So sorry, Raider fans, maybe that injury was the issue? :shrug:

They also reported Antoine Bethea likely gone to 49ers, which sucks.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:vick:

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL
Mike Vick has told former Eagles teammates he thinks his most likely destination are the NY Jets.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Michael Corleone posted:

Color me unimpressed, we didn't fill any holes, we replaced them with older players who may or may not be marginal upgrades.

I think you're overestimating the lost players (and underestimating their replacements) - Dansby is better than Jackson in every conceivable way, Whitner is better than Ward in coverage and doesn't get injured as often while also being about as good against the run

Intruder posted:

Former Browns G Shawn Lauvao reached agreement on a 4-yr, $17M deal with the Washington Redskins, per sources.

the most hideous overpayment of the day

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Mike Vick has told former Eagles teammates he thinks his most likely destination are the NY Jets.
Dual QB formation :getin:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

Sure.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
It's early in the season but I've already given up hope. 1:12 on March 11th an I'm already looking forward to next offseason.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheChirurgeon posted:

E: way beaten. It had to happen. It's not even about the money so much--he was clearly declining and even with cap space he wasn't worth what he was set to be paid.

Of course it's about the money.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dual QB formation :getin:

Two quarterbacks to turn the ball over on every play, no waiting!

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ShakeZula posted:

Supposedly Carson Palmer reached out to Veldheer and Veldheer wanted out of Oakland anyway.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

amaranthine posted:

the most hideous overpayment of the day

Surely you will regret saying this 14 minutes into free agency.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eugene Munroe staying put

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Considering the saffold deal I'm very happy with Brandon Albert getting that money.

I'm assuming it's very front loaded in terms of guaranteed money. Very happy it's not 10 mil per season as reported earlier

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

It's early in the season but I've already given up hope. 1:12 on March 11th an I'm already looking forward to next offseason.

Be like Texans fans and set no expectations, and you'll always be pleasantly surprised!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheChirurgeon posted:

Isn't it likely at least part of that is due to the switch to the 4-3? Some team with a 3-4 scheme should take a flyer on him.

One that needs a two-way OLB and defensive team leader.

One that has a bird motif.

Cardinals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vick does not turn it over all that much if he has a good OL.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
After looking at all those contract prices I'm happy the Packers are staying out of the first-day frenzy.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Eugene Munroe staying put

Oh god do you have a source for this? Because I so hope it's true.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ Schefter

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Rodger Saffold’s deal with the #Raiders is five years for $42.5M. Wow.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MourningView posted:

Of course it's about the money.

It is, but what I meant to say was "it's not so much about the Cowboys spending irresponsibly." Even without the Ratliff/Austin contracts, this was too much to pay Ware at this point in his career.

Vengarr posted:

Isn't it likely at least part of that is due to the switch to the 4-3? Some team with a 3-4 scheme should take a flyer on him.

One that needs a two-way OLB and defensive team leader.

One that has a bird motif.

Cardinals

Probably not. He's past 30 and was hurt. He was no stranger to playing with his hand down when he made the move.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

quote:

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 1m

So, we’re 13 minutes into free agency, and there are no left tackles standing.

That's insane.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Either Reggie is some sort of genius or Gruden/Harbaugh will be running the Raiders next year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now

Former Chiefs first-round pick, DE Tyson Jackson, is expected to visit the Falcons tonight, per sources.

Is he any good?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

euphronius posted:

Vick does not turn it over all that much if he has a good OL.
This is not true at all, the dude will drop the ball just from running

The man has grease arm hand syndrome

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

DJ Williams will sign a one-year deal with the #Bears.

Hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Shath Hole posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now

Former Chiefs first-round pick, DE Tyson Jackson, is expected to visit the Falcons tonight, per sources.

Is he any good?

Rotational, mostly. He's not awful, but not worth a starting role.

• Locked thread