Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Huh, I never knew about it. Probably because when I first played it, it was on this blurry-ish old TV that wouldn't have shown it, and later replays on clearer systems, I figured I already knew about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inriri
Apr 25, 2014
The Dark King's overworld sprite looks like a green :mad: with a crown on it.

XenoXiaoyu
Mar 28, 2006

Give us your HANDS
I think the reason the level cap is at 41 is so the HP gauge (the graphic, not the numbers) looks full. You have two rows of 20 fat squares, plus the top row of 40 HP, for a total of 41 levels. If you could level higher, there isn't any space where you could draw the HP boxes. Ahh, Shrug can only be as strong as the UI will allow him to be...

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Nice to visit this game again, I sure do miss the days of the SNES.

And Shrug is one of the strongest characters in the franchise. A Behemoth is the tutorial enemy for him :cool:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
...Wait. DO you fight a Behemoth again, even as a palette swap? I don't recall so.

Huh. You'd think you would, just as a 'how far you've come'.

The simplest of plot twists, and yet it works, although:

"Haha, there is no Prophecy!"

"That means I got here on my own efforts. You're next."

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 9, 2014

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

...Wait. DO you fight a Behemoth again, even as a palette swap? I don't recall so.

Nope, you go straight to Zombie Behemoths. And then I don't think that sprite is ever used again after the Bone Dungeon and its associated battlegrounds.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bloodly posted:

The intro is the only Behemoth in the game. Gorgons are a palette swap, but yeah after Bone Dungeon you don't get any more of that type of enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Do they show up in the basement of the dark castle, or am I misremembering?

• Locked thread