Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

I'd imagine his record is artificially inflated by fighting no-names in MMA C-leagues, right?

I wasn't kidding when I said he fought a middleweight. It wasn't even a fat guy who could theoretically fight at middleweight, it was someone who fought at middleweight. Other opponents include:

The crappier Guida
Bob Sapp
Occasionally Homeless Person Wes Sims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Belator at risk of losing their Spike deal? If not, and with TNA doing this cross promotion, it feels to me that it might be an indication Spike will want TNA around for a while longer. And while TNA's numbers may not be anything to even mention, they're not completely bad for a sports show (other sport shows being vaulting or maybe swim meets).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lotus Brony posted:

Is Belator at risk of losing their Spike deal? If not, and with TNA doing this cross promotion, it feels to me that it might be an indication Spike will want TNA around for a while longer. And while TNA's numbers may not be anything to even mention, they're not completely bad for a sports show (other sport shows being vaulting or maybe swim meets).

Bellator is owned by Viacom so they are at no risk unless Viacom decides they don't want to lose money on MMA. (Given the information that is public, Bellator itself is not turning a profit.) They just underwent a change in management though so this may be nothing more than Scott Coker thinking there is money in Lashley. He used him in Strikeforce.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
With any other wrestling promotion I'd take this as a sign that Lashley will lose the title soon, so that win or lose it'll only affect his career and not their long term plans. (So still not ideal.)

But this is TNA where people wear pants on their heads and hamburgers eat people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My money is that Lashley's opponent is getting paid to dive in the 3rd round.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Does Bellator do things like hold events in states with athletic commissions, or test for PEDs? They don't seem like a particularly professional outfit.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

Why dive in the third round when you can dive in the first minute?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

I dunno if a company that can't even afford to pay their midcarders and staff reliably can afford to fix a fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Does Bellator do things like hold events in states with athletic commissions, or test for PEDs? They don't seem like a particularly professional outfit.

They mostly run on reservations and former Bellator fighters have laughed when drug testing came up.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

former Bellator fighters have laughed when drug testing came up.
Dixie runs Bellator too?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

bobby lashley is going to be the one to kill tna. who would have guessed.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 17, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Well, at least nothing like this has gone horribly wrong before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqICnX4FzJg

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i thought lashley v sims was called off due to an athletic commission deeming it unfair or something. which wes sims fight am i thinking of massrafter? wasn't the commission ohio, notable land of the people who kept brian ebersole out of the US for years because they'd never seen capoeira

also glad to see lashley is going to be the greatest two sport world champ of all time. eff u brock, bobby got this

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
hahahaha how is vince russo so loving stupid

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

hahahaha how is vince russo so loving stupid

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brawl for All pt 2: Lashley gets legitimately KO'd by Gunner in Round 1.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maffew buildings posted:

i thought lashley v sims was called off due to an athletic commission deeming it unfair or something. which wes sims fight am i thinking of massrafter? wasn't the commission ohio, notable land of the people who kept brian ebersole out of the US for years because they'd never seen capoeira

also glad to see lashley is going to be the greatest two sport world champ of all time. eff u brock, bobby got this

I think that was Tim Sylvia, because Tim Sylvia is such a legitimate fighter.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

All we need is 6 sides, again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So are we onto the new york tapings now? Man pre-tapes kinda kill the fun of seeing exactly how dumb things are going to get

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Great White Hope posted:

Why dive in the third round when you can dive in the first minute?

That would be stealing Bob Sapp's gimmick

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

That would be stealing Bob Sapp's gimmick

Bob Sapp is retired, it's time for him to pass his legacy on to the next generation.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Blasmeister posted:

So are we onto the new york tapings now? Man pre-tapes kinda kill the fun of seeing exactly how dumb things are going to get
It's great they can do thing like tape 6 weeks in New York, then take 6 weeks in Japan, but the spoilers are out so early and spread everywhere that it's just not that fun anymore.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jeremy Borash pointing to the WWE show down the road for those who got lost and ended up here.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

That's it. That's how TNA can fix things.

They just need to tour and air shows live on the road, brother

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

oldpainless posted:

Jeremy Borash pointing to the WWE show down the road for those who got lost and ended up here.

Don't be silly. He's just pointing out the emergency exits for when TNA finally sets the roof on fire again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uh it's pretty clear he's saluting his old friend and mentor, Adolf Hitler.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Uh it's pretty clear he's saluting his old friend and mentor, Adolf Hitler.

or distracting everyone while Dixie rifles their pockets for change to pay off the venue.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Sir Jebus posted:

All we need is 6 sides, again.

I saw this trending and thought it was a joke because for some reason I still underestimate how dumb TNA can be.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is it the Impact labeled Destination X? because they've brought the six-sided ring back for that before.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

or distracting everyone while Dixie rifles their pockets for change to pay off the venue.

"Is that...Is that THE WALL, BROTHER?"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

is it the Impact labeled Destination X? because they've brought the six-sided ring back for that before.

No they had a fan poll and eveything about which ring the fans preferred and even though every worker in the company blasted the idea on twitter, they went back to six sides.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure most people were just voting six sides to see if they'd actually change, too. I know I was.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Some of us were voting for 6-Sides because Austin Aries was complaining about how much he hated it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Flameingblack posted:

Some of us were voting for 6-Sides because Austin Aries was complaining about how much he hated it.

Yeah I voted 6-sides because wrestlers say it's harder to bump on and I want to make TNA as uncomfortable as possible for the wrestlers :colbert:

They made their choice, I made mine.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

No they had a fan poll and eveything about which ring the fans preferred and even though every worker in the company blasted the idea on twitter, they went back to six sides.

lmao

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oatgan posted:

The wrestler feedback was great. They kept saying that the 6S ring has a harder floor, annoyingly stiff ropes, and makes top-rope moves uncomfortable because you have to duck straddle due to the wider angle of the ropes (this annoyed AJ Styles so much that he just springboarded everything).

But TNA fans want it back because it's differenter than WWE so here it is.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The best part for me is that TNA actually were self aware enough to realise that their talent were blasting the change, so they got EC3 to tweet in character how opposed he was to the change to try and turn it into an angle.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shine posted:

(this annoyed AJ Styles so much that he just springboarded everything)

On his first interview with Meltzer after leaving TNA, AJ commented on how taking some Kurt Angle moves in the six-sided ring would leave him feeling like he'd just been run over or something like that, and then when he took the same moves the first time in the four-sided ring it felt like he was landing on pillows.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Blasmeister posted:

I don't remember much from the spoilers but I heard the shows were actually pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

On his first interview with Meltzer after leaving TNA, AJ commented on how taking some Kurt Angle moves in the six-sided ring would leave him feeling like he'd just been run over or something like that, and then when he took the same moves the first time in the four-sided ring it felt like he was landing on pillows.

Daniels on the Austincast, though, didn't seem to mind it much outside of the confusion it'd cause in tag matches where no one knew where their corners were supposed to be.

• Locked thread