Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Uro has never been subtle about his love for the Rider. A number of those doodles he drew on the FZ scripts were rider jokes for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

WickedHate posted:

I love Breaking Bad and Gaim blew it out of the loving water. It's just such an incredible story. Like, a modern epic. It's kind of sad it's one series in an annual franchise. It really deserves to stand on it's own. It should be like The Wire where people decades from now are pointing back to Gaim as an amazing show.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i forgot about the Madoka mom. adding her to my hot and sexy moms of anime and manga spreadsheet

Where can I see this spreadsheet?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

Where can I see this spreadsheet?

It's in the topic of the secret ADTRW skype group.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i forgot about the Madoka mom. adding her to my hot and sexy moms of anime and manga spreadsheet

have you seen toradora

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have you seen gundam build fighters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm writing these down in lieu of being able to see the actual spreadsheet.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

have you seen toradora

of course who do you think i am?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

WickedHate posted:

I love Breaking Bad and Gaim blew it out of the loving water. It's just such an incredible story. Like, a modern epic. It's kind of sad it's one series in an annual franchise. It really deserves to stand on it's own. It should be like The Wire where people decades from now are pointing back to Gaim as an amazing show.

:roflolmao:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

WickedHate posted:

Right, but how would it compare to Schindler's List, Mahouka and Kill la Kill? If you had to rank them, I mean.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squidster posted:

Right, but how would it compare to Schindler's List, Mahouka and Kill la Kill? If you had to rank them, I mean.

I've never watched Schindler's List and I hate Mahouka. It just had a good first story arc. I keep saying that but everyone keeps bringing Mahouka back up...it's not a good series.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I'm getting curous about Gaim. I heard a lot of praise for it before, maybe I should actually check it out.

Squidster posted:

more like Swindler's List WAKE UP TO ZOG LIES, SHEEPLE :byodood:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

RottenK posted:

I'm getting curous about Gaim. I heard a lot of praise for it before, maybe I should actually check it out.

You definitely should! It's a total masterpiece. I really think most people would enjoy it.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Gaim is worth watching, as long as you can stomach TV that is obviously aimed at kids, but temper expectations going in because it's not as good as the hype builds it up to be. It's good, but it's not phenomenal, flawless, a loving masterpiece or whatever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's at the very least my favourite anime of the 21st century. However the Madoka thread is probably one of the most insufferable things I've ever read in my entire life.

which part

madrhetoric's posts in that thread are some of my favorite posting on ADTRW, but on the other hand like 90% of that thread's lifetime was spent discussing merchandise

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 18, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
like 90% of what I consume is television for kids honestly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite posting on sa is my own

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

learn to love yourself, tuxedo catfish

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

which part

madrhetoric's posts in that thread are some of my favorite posting on ADTRW, but on the other hand like 90% of that thread's lifetime was spent discussing merchandise

The part where that one poster started wondering if magical girls could get pregnant is burned into my retinas forever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't like it when wickedhate compares the wire to a power rangers show

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'd pay real american dollars for Kamen Rider Wire

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

I'm making the thread for Sound! Euphonium. If any of you have witty one-liners that can serve as a thread title, possibly in reference to the original media that I have no idea about, please submit here~

How about "The hills are alive with the Sound! Euphonium"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

which part

I think it was the point where everyone decided they had to start posting like Super MechaGodzilla only not as good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7moS8Burqvk

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it was the point where everyone decided they had to start posting like Super MechaGodzilla only not as good.

god forbid people actually examine the shows they watch not named evangelion

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

ur posts are about to experience death of the author bitch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

tuxedo catfish was found murdered in his home, impaled through the eyeball with a homura figma

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

I don't like it when wickedhate compares the wire to a power rangers show

the theme of the show was fruit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Looked more like a dick-waving contest to see who could post more stuff about intertextuality to me but whatevs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of people in the madoka thread loved making super long posts about how they read the text while also being really bad at reading the text

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

a lot of people in the madoka thread loved making super long posts about how they read the text while also being really bad at reading the text

If Cinema Discusso has taught me anything, its that nothing can be too obvious. Some one will miss it and appear in the thread to talk about the plot holes that dont actually exist because they somehow missed the character explaining it directly into the camera.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blockhouse posted:

Seriously though if we could get a serious toku show on an American network in prime time I'd probably poo poo a brick. No poses, or catchphrases, or whatever. Like Arrow or The Flash but with a guy that transforms into a suit. Do two seasons and move on to a new hero and cast, or use a big serial plot and by season 8 you have a team of four for the final arc.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would probably watch Western Garoh yeah

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Seriously though if we could get a serious toku show on an American network in prime time I'd probably poo poo a brick. No poses, or catchphrases, or whatever. Like Arrow or The Flash but with a guy that transforms into a suit. Do two seasons and move on to a new hero and cast, or use a big serial plot and by season 8 you have a team of four for the final arc.

no that actually sounds stupid. poses and catchphrases own.

it's also why Drive is better than Gaim

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NotALizardman posted:

no that actually sounds stupid. poses and catchphrases own.

it's also why Drive is better than Gaim

Gaim had all kinds of of catchphrases and poses.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

Kamen The Wireder

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i believe i posted a few hundred words on how kyuubey represents the patriarchy and i stand by my statement

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

i believe i posted a few hundred words on how kyuubey represents the patriarchy and i stand by my statement

that is the most terrifying thing I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

that is the most terrifying thing I've ever heard.

• Locked thread