Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Good decision good fight good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Saunders probably should win this 29-28 because he won every second of the first round up until he got dropped and he recovered immediately, but at least one judge is probably going to disagree

Same basically

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
It's Miller time. Up for Whatever. TM

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

I can't recall anyone doing more damage from the bottom than that. Anyone know of another fight?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This looks like a fun card, glad it's on regular Fox. I'll have to catch these last two prelims and watch Filthy Tom too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Saunders probably should win this 29-28 because he won every second of the first round up until he got dropped and he recovered immediately, but at least one judge is probably going to disagree

:staredog:

e. Guida-Sanchez had some pretty significant damage inflicted from the bottom. Silva-Lutter. There was another one in the last couple months where someone got psycho with elbows from the bottom and opened up some cuts but I can't remember what it was.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Hexum posted:

I can't recall anyone doing more damage from the bottom than that. Anyone know of another fight?

Silva on Travis Lutter

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Hexum posted:

Anyone who has gotten a submission from the bottom.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

6 years, one commercial, one lovely top 35 energy drink. you only live once

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Hexum posted:

The second round (I think) of Diego/Guida involved what seemed like several thousand spike elbows to Guida's mop

Also,

arielhelwani posted:

Immediately after that scorecard was read, @MannyGamburyan texted me to say he wants Caraway next. The time is now.

lol

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Thats that 10th planet rubber guard poo poo, Mike.

I really wanted a finish from rubber guard just to see Rogan go nuts

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Hexum posted:

Hall knocking out the guy during TUF from the bottom?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Didn't Ferguson go crazy on Thompson with spike elbows from the guard too? Do I sense a pattern in a certain stoner's coaching?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

fatherdog posted:

Also,

[url=https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/625070981934120960]

lol

:laffo:

That fight could conceivably be for the next title shot.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Hexum posted:

uriah hall KO'd a guy from the bottom during TUF if im not mistaken

e: drat

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

squarerandom posted:

Hall knocking out the guy during TUF from the bottom?

What I was thinking of.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Hexum posted:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

uriah hall KO'd a guy from the bottom during TUF if im not mistaken

e: drat

Yeah, Dylan Andrews. I remember it being the weirdest thing, like he wound up positioned so that he could somehow throw hard straight punches from his back, and he just rattled off a few of those and Andrews was just done. Uriah Hall is such a mixed bag of a fighter but in his fights on the show he did crazy poo poo.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

EvanSchenck posted:

Yeah, Dylan Andrews. I remember it being the weirdest thing, like he wound up positioned so that he could somehow throw hard straight punches from his back, and he just rattled off a few of those and Andrews was just done. Uriah Hall is such a mixed bag of a fighter but in his fights on the show he did crazy poo poo.

The next Anderson Silva! :haw:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Jim Miller getting off to a quick start on this!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Seeing Miller go back to aggressively wrestling instead of loving around on the feet gives me a lot more confidence in him winning this

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
fairly sick pass

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm surprised Miller didn't go for that armbar. Mount was the safer choice but dude loves attacking.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

He's T-Rexin'g yall, and if he keeps it up, his chances of winning will go extinct.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm surprised Miller didn't go for that armbar. Mount was the safer choice but dude loves attacking.

I guess if he was going to give up the position he wanted to do it looking for a mounted triangle

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Rogan actually had an interesting point there about how everybody Bang trains seems to pick up these really interesting angles and stuff and Bang did absolutely none of that when he was fighting

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

They need to replay the flying knee to confirm whether it hit the dick

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
castillo and miller are both cool

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

Rogan actually had an interesting point there about how everybody Bang trains seems to pick up these really interesting angles and stuff and Bang did absolutely none of that when he was fighting

Fighting on Alpha Brain and pot is illegal. Bang is just able to see the angles now that his mind is unclear.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

yeah, that had never occurred to me until just now and it's actually really impressive

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

yeah, that had never occurred to me until just now and it's actually really impressive

Probably easier to gameplan and see different angles because he's watching someone else do the motions so he can see more, vs what he can't see since he's focusing on the guy in front of him.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
knock on your leg dominick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

castillo and miller are both cool

on no planet is castillo cool

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

on no planet is castillo cool

ok well hes had some good fights

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

cruz should just amputate his legs and have titanium ones built and just have a gentlemens agreement to never throw kicks

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Jim Miller is looking really good in this fight. I thought Castillo looked a little lost in the second, like he was just hunting for the one headkick or overhand that would change the course of the fight, while Jim is picking him apart.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
miller's slowing down and when he takes a break he's sitting at perfect head kick range for castillo and this is concerning

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Is it just me or does Castillo look softer?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I have no idea how you score this fight those first 2 rounds were so even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

EvanSchenck posted:

Jim Miller is looking really good in this fight. I thought Castillo looked a little lost in the second, like he was just hunting for the one headkick or overhand that would change the course of the fight, while Jim is picking him apart.

It looked to me like early in the second Miller figured out that Castillo wasn't defending leg kicks, and since then he's been hammering on it and it's really disrupted Castillo's ability to move

• Locked thread