Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
macfam
Dec 22, 2012

Droyer posted:

Subspace is also how interplanetary travel works in ZOE: By opening a compressed space right behind a ship and then quickly closing it again causes the ship to be slingshotted forwards at incredible speed.

But how do they stop the ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I bet it's more subspace.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
A giant catcher's mitt.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

beep by grandpa posted:

Back to ZOE1, and I'll remove this if Mr. Cheezum intends to show it off later,

We did record that, and I'm not the boss of you but it's one surprise I'd like to keep under wraps.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I played about this far into ZOE1 and never picked it up again because the game is just dull as hell with all the backtracking.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still waiting for the day Zone of the Enders will be added to Super Robot Wars.

:smith:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still waiting for the day Zone of the Enders will be added to Super Robot Wars.

It may or may not be in the future of this particular MU depending on how Mars things work!

(right now it's more Xenogears and stuff though)

but more realistically we all know how Konami is, they're probably never giving out their licenses. The future of ZOE is bright though, if you qualify bright as 'soon to be relegated to pachinko machines'

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I played about this far into ZOE1 and never picked it up again because the game is just dull as hell with all the backtracking.

It's been a long long time since I played ZOE 1 but I believe Chip and Ironicus are almost at the end of the game. It really is a very short game and more of a tech demo than anything, ZOE 2 is a good couple of hours longer and is the better game overall. You'd probably have been as well spending the extra hour it'd take to finish ZOE 1 from this point.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
So I started to replay ZOE 2 so I could get through it before the LP starts, and it still holds up pretty well. The camera is a little more annoying then I remember, but combat is still fun. I did forget how frustrating a couple parts of it are, looking forward to seeing Chip get there.

"Right a little bit more"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's been a long long time since I played ZOE 1 but I believe Chip and Ironicus are almost at the end of the game. It really is a very short game and more of a tech demo than anything, ZOE 2 is a good couple of hours longer and is the better game overall. You'd probably have been as well spending the extra hour it'd take to finish ZOE 1 from this point.

The thing is there's very little sense of progress to let you know you're close to the end, because every time you do something or go to do something there's another filler roadblock.

I don't think ZOE1 is a very good or even interesting game, but I've heard ZOE2 improves on it a ton and I'm looking forward to seeing C&I show it off.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Weren't the ZOE suits in one of the Another Century's Episode games?

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This makes sense, since the main objective is able to be summed up in a line from Total Recall.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

"Right a little bit more"

oh god i'm having flashbacks

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So I played the whole ZoE series for the first time a few months ago and after seeing the recent ZoE1 episode I gotta ask: When ADA gets hit with the virus, can you just up and leave before getting the VIRUS/Selvise hints?

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

Highwang posted:

So I played the whole ZoE series for the first time a few months ago and after seeing the recent ZoE1 episode I gotta ask: When ADA gets hit with the virus, can you just up and leave before getting the VIRUS/Selvise hints?

Also, can you get the antivirus program before encountering the boss and triggering that scene?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yes, you can just up and leave immediately once the fight starts.

No, you cannot get the antivirus program before then. The cutscene happens in flight while you're on the way to the objective marker. You won't be close enough to any of the areas in order to get into them.

I remember this much from messing around back in the day.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Jehuty got a really robo std for not installing an antivirus to it's cockpit before connecting to Raptor I'm 9

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the player character of Watch_Dogs 2, apparently.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/rumor-first-look-watch-dogs-2-new-protagonist

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

How rolled up is that sleeve? That looks like way too much fabric to just go down to his wrist. Also he looks really thin and lanky.

... are we playing some disaffected teenager stealing his dad's clothes so he can go play Anonymous?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Clearly they saw Mr Robot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm bothered by his weirdly small looking right forearm.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What the gently caress is up with his right arm?

ITS SO TINY

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What the gently caress is up with his right arm?

ITS SO TINY

It's like Donald Trump but slightly bigger.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
It's not just small but weirdly concave. That makes me think that the thing on his wrist is a hospital bracelet, and this is some kid with a wasting disease or something, looking to enact a teenage revenge fantasy before he dies. It'd be about on par with Aiden's motivations. :geno:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

He looks like Eugene from Infamous: Second Son.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

"ok aiden wasn't a likable character. we need to find someone people don't want to punch in the face"
*2 years of development pass*
"alright so he's a cool guy who wears colorful clothes, raybans, cool yet sickly with a need to tear down the establishment. no, he's not a millenial or hipster he's a cool guy with a dark side who transcends standard morals. my inspiration was batman v superman."
*kisses fingers* mwah!

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Cap not iconic enough. 2 on 10

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Don't worry, if you preorder from Gamestop you'll get Aiden's Iconic Cap DLC.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Anchors posted:

Cap not iconic enough. 2 on 10

This time they're going with an Iconic Lance Armstrong Wristband.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh god why did they just dress a younger dude up like Aiden

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

This time they're going with an Iconic Lance Armstrong Wristband.

The blood doping management sim minigame is going to be super good.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Kurieg posted:

How rolled up is that sleeve? That looks like way too much fabric to just go down to his wrist. Also he looks really thin and lanky.

... are we playing some disaffected teenager stealing his dad's clothes so he can go play Anonymous?
It's totally loving Jackson, isn't it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh god why did they just dress a younger dude up like Aiden

Cuz it wouldnt be watchunderscoredogs if the main protag didnt wrap an old rag around his face.
At this point I want them to just give up and give us the Antifa game we've all been waiting for.

Seriously what better game would there be than going around fighting neo-nazis and over zealous right wing radicals.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

A weird brother pretends to be Batman. Let's play Watch Dogs 2

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wheany posted:

A weird brother pretends to be Batman. Let's play Watch Dogs 2

More like Ubisoft's knock-off version of Mr. Robot.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Preorder now to get Jeremy's iconic ironic nerd specs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Preorder now to get Jeremy's iconic Beadle hand

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Fantastic that they listened to all the people calling for a more diverse protagonist, especially in a title like Watch_Dogs/2.0.biz that could really go far with one given the modern setting and heavily computer-focused story and mechanics.

See, this guy has GLASSES! Just think of all those marginalized glasses-wearing gamers out there, finally getting a major protagonist that knows and spwaks to their issues.

...I hate that I'm only barely being sarcastic, and this is actually a step up.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I banish this t-rex armed hacker man and summon a new update where a tiny bit of plot happens!

Episode 4: Bulbous.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think the "backstage areas" are because there aren't actually mountains on the space colony, they're just stone or a stone-alike attached to a superstructure so the people living on the colony can have pretty mountains. The fact that there's a lake up there too leads me to believe that the colony might be big enough that it has it's own water cycle, and if that's the case then having mountains would definitely help that but having several tons of solid rock on a space colony isn't precisely necessary.

• Locked thread