Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
cjs: sure am glad its friday, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I don't think any of you guys are Aerospace Engineers but Jeff Besoz's space company is hiring for a ton of positions. Our buddy has worked for the company for years and it is pretty cool. https://www.blueorigin.com/careers

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Baltimore City FOP ‏@FOP3 6m6 minutes ago
Apparently our GoFundMe account has been suspended with no explanation. We are working to find a new site for donations. Thank you!

:circlefap:

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
cfs: :quig:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Funhilde posted:

I don't think any of you guys are Aerospace Engineers but Jeff Besoz's space company is hiring for a ton of positions. Our buddy has worked for the company for years and it is pretty cool. https://www.blueorigin.com/careers

hmm....

education: over 400 hrs playing kerbal space program

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Cold on a Cob posted:

hmm....

education: over 400 hrs playing kerbal space program

they probably are going to be reducing a lot of expensive equipment to hot shrapnel so you'd be a great candidate

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

graph posted:

Apparently our GoFundMe account has been suspended with no explanation. We are working to find a new site for donations. Thank you!

:allears:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

thank

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

graph posted:

i like how that

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

we have a three shelving units rule, when they get filled we have to throw some out if we want to buy more

this rule irks the librarian side of me. but I guess you really don't need four years of soduko books and old TVGuides

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Share Bear posted:

the only thing i keep and dont really use are books, they make nice decoration when youre done reading

u got a few duplicates there, friend

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

even here lately, a lot of out-of-town investment firms noticed that we had a stable low-end housing market and decided it was ripe for disruption. glad we bought when we did.

this + airbnb (well really it's the same scam) is causing a housing shortage here

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

also now my wife wants us to build a sauna in our house

that would actually own though

I want that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

lol

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

PuTTY riot posted:

i like how that

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
cjs: i volunteered to give a workshop on some stuff i developed, thinking it would be like ten people. fifty-five people enrolled :-/

i mean it is awesome that so many people are interested but holy poo poo i am not ready for a technical workshop of that size

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

I want that

i wonder how much it would cost to do it right

a dry sauna wouldn't be too hard but a proper wet sauna i bet that costs a lot because you need special insulation, cedar with no knots, a shower outside, etc

maybe i could do an old fashioned one out in the back yard or attached to the house (less insulation required)

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
current tv commercial status:

"when you need something utterly unique to wear, go to jared!"

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
probable dinner status: gonna stand in line at a food truck event for 40 minutes to buy a $6 taco

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Chorrax posted:

probable dinner status: gonna stand in line at a food truck event for 40 minutes to buy a $6 taco

i had toast and a banana because i don't feel like cooking

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Chorrax posted:

we're going to see the new superheroman movie and eat austrian schnitzelhaus tonight

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'm going to a board game lounge tonight

if any of you want to hang out just look for the fat guy with a beard lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
cjs: sending some files via FTP

graph posted:

look forums user coffee jones. i spent two years in anime club too. but i didn't go around sticking my dick and balls in someone's anime collection.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

Speaking of things left behind, what's the sitch (that's short for 'situation') on your house?

grass being cut first time this year on friday.

I talked to a couple of the house flipper guys that hit up my CL ad, never really went anywhere tho.

still workin at it

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I was considering going to FNM but thankfully i get to go to a place with not-fat people

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

"Suspended with no explanation"

Gosh, that must be just so frustrating!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

grass being cut first time this year on friday.

I talked to a couple of the house flipper guys that hit up my CL ad, never really went anywhere tho.

still workin at it

drat, that's lovely. i'd have burned it down or declared bankruptcy by now

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
open it up for airbnb

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid.” I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue.” I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “Its just part of the job.” I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government.” We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted badge-wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys.” We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?”

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
let's make the renfair a million times worse than it is - an intelligent person

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I'm glad I don't have to deal with wigs. While walking to my car in the parking lot a crow tried to steal my hair.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I'm glad I don't have to deal with wigs. While walking to my car in the parking lot a crow tried to steal my hair.

same, but whigs

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

born on a buy you posted:

oh my god

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

PuTTY riot posted:

same, but whigs

lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Funhilde posted:

I wanted to do aerospace engineering back in the day, but we couldn't afford umich which I think was the only school in Michigan with an aerospace program at the time :(

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

born on a buy you posted:

:stonk:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the first of every month i call the medical examiner's office and am like "yo bros, where is the attestation for the cause of death?" and they're always like "lol, who knows, call again in a month" and today the guy was like "oh hey man, is it the 1st already? let me look, nope no cause yet. although it's now officially been over 6 months, so...that means it should have been done, i will send a note to the pathologist, call again on june 1st though for an update"

progress!

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 1, 2015

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

BeOSPOS posted:

this rule irks the librarian side of me. but I guess you really don't need four years of soduko books and old TVGuides

everything is valuable to someone

we have old phone books from all over the world in our reference section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I biked 17 miles today. feels good man.

• Locked thread