Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Lord Xander posted:

If only, mittens make this happen! :frankfrank:

If they will not hold the torch then the least they can do is serve as tinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To think in the year of our lord 2015 it was because of FCON that goons could not burn jita. smh

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What really?

I thought we were going for Amarr just for the surprise factor.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Didn't they just decline to participate in years past?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
The amount of stupid in here staggers me sometimes.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

darth cookie posted:

What really?

I thought we were going for Amarr just for the surprise factor.

We are. People need to read beyond the thread title

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Burn FCON?

Join Groon. FCON, Razor, and SMA are neut. :getin:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Eh. I have too many responsibilities in the swarm and I'm mainly a capital pilot besides that.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Burn FCON?

Join Groon, shoot FCON, make angry Greeks cry.

Edit: I should refresh before I post.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Klyith posted:

Man, shame about the Burn Jita / Burn Amarr being cancelled this year. :nsamad:

Sure thing.

Can someone give me the actual lowdown in this? I've been asked a couple days and don't know what's up

Gonna be legit pissed if I have to coordinate moving 20k catalysts back to kamio

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Can someone give me the actual lowdown in this? I've been asked a couple days and don't know what's up

Gonna be legit pissed if I have to coordinate moving 20k catalysts back to kamio

Read the thread, it's unfortunate.

poor warr.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 5, 2015

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does Amazon always have a 10% discount on game time?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

When I make my glorious return to syndicate (again) I'll probably stuff a character in groon.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DisgracelandUSA posted:

read above, blame FCON, rip miniluv

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

You guys got me. In other news, 15000 is a lowball number. Last check was closer to 19k.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

You guys got me. In other news, 15000 is a lowball number. Last check was closer to 19k.

If you need fitting help, I'm back and can help.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I tried the burned-end eggrolls last night. Meeeh. They're ok, but my date and I agreed that they tasted a bit under-seasoned. There are a million better things to eat in Ottawa, which is actually a pretty good food city.

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.
Need some recommendations for one of my alts. I enjoy non-DPS roles in fleet, since I hate waiting and fleets always tend to be waiting on some non-DPS position (logi, scouts, etc). My carrier alt is skilling towards logi and I've been flying repping frigates/carriers lately, which is a lot of fun.

I'm unsure what to do with my original pvp alt though. It's a relatively standard ADHD 12m caldari pvp alt, missile + shield + smattering of other garbage. I don't really feel compelled to skill into a tengu, and I'm looking to fly something other than harpy/hawk/caracal.

Are probing covops useful to small gangs? Or would an interceptor (Crow) be more useful? Dictors are always useful, is the Flycatcher non-poo poo these days?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

polyfractal posted:

Need some recommendations for one of my alts. I enjoy non-DPS roles in fleet, since I hate waiting and fleets always tend to be waiting on some non-DPS position (logi, scouts, etc). My carrier alt is skilling towards logi and I've been flying repping frigates/carriers lately, which is a lot of fun.

I'm unsure what to do with my original pvp alt though. It's a relatively standard ADHD 12m caldari pvp alt, missile + shield + smattering of other garbage. I don't really feel compelled to skill into a tengu, and I'm looking to fly something other than harpy/hawk/caracal.

Are probing covops useful to small gangs? Or would an interceptor (Crow) be more useful? Dictors are always useful, is the Flycatcher non-poo poo these days?

Flycatcher is good. Train flycatcher. Or start training turrets and expand beyond Caldari.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probing covops is the FC's job. Flycatchers are great.

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.
Cool, I'll start working on Flycatcher, shouldn't be too long to get into one.

Semi-related, I've heard that ECM is continually getting worse (and the doesn't affect drones, which appears to be big these days). Does it still have a place for small gang, or is it just totally useless? When I last played, I was almost done skill-ing towards a Rook, but it looks like that's not useful now?

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Probing dictor like heretic is the real mlg choice.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

polyfractal posted:

Cool, I'll start working on Flycatcher, shouldn't be too long to get into one.

Semi-related, I've heard that ECM is continually getting worse (and the doesn't affect drones, which appears to be big these days). Does it still have a place for small gang, or is it just totally useless? When I last played, I was almost done skill-ing towards a Rook, but it looks like that's not useful now?

ECM is very useful in small gangs, the Rook was recently buffed, and ECM does work on drones.

It is especially funny to jam out a Gila/Worm's drones. Most of them don't even realize it.

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

ECM is very useful in small gangs, the Rook was recently buffed, and ECM does work on drones.

It is especially funny to jam out a Gila/Worm's drones. Most of them don't even realize it.

Ohh, do you target the drones and ECM them directly? Or does jamming the ship also break the drone's lock?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

polyfractal posted:

Ohh, do you target the drones and ECM them directly? Or does jamming the ship also break the drone's lock?

One of the counters to an ECM ship is drones. They have separate locks from the player's ship.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
So what are the thoughts on the AT ships? Nullified dual-prop laser frigate and a hic with no movement penalty while bubbled?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Imp is basically a nullified Succubus. It could be fun, but I wouldn't count on it. Very few people are crazy enough to take an AT ship into scram range, unless it's got a cloak (i.e. a Chremoas).

Fiend is crap, crap, crap, megacrap. At most, you can do some loving hilarious gimmick poo poo with it. i.e. "I can fit a 100MN AB and zip around at 4km/sec with almost no sig radius, with my bubble up... until I get neuted, stop moving, and get popped because you still can't remote rep me."

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 5, 2015

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

DARPA posted:

One of the counters to an ECM ship is drones. They have separate locks from the player's ship.

If I dropped 5 EC-300 drones on a Rattlesnakes single gecko, would that effectively take it out of the equation?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
What about ECM burst? I'd think one of those would do for drones pretty well (I have never used an ECM burst)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ixjuvin posted:

What about ECM burst? I'd think one of those would do for drones pretty well (I have never used an ECM burst)

nah

it'd hit them but not cause them to return to their launching ship, they'd just retarget basically instantly

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Imp is basically a nullified Succubus. It could be fun, but I wouldn't count on it. Very few people are crazy enough to take an AT ship into scram range, unless it's got a cloak (i.e. a Chremoas).

Fiend is crap, crap, crap, megacrap. At most, you can do some loving hilarious gimmick poo poo with it. i.e. "I can fit a 100MN AB and zip around at 4km/sec with almost no sig radius, with my bubble up... until I get neuted, stop moving, and get popped because you still can't remote rep me."

I think they should give it the interdiction probe launcher

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

I think they should give it the interdiction probe launcher

covert ops cloak with an interdiction probe launcher :vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

masteen posted:

I want to be mad at those faggots in FCON for loving up our fun this year, but I honestly think that there has to be more to it.

Excuse me while I don my tinfoil cap.

I bet it's related to the bullshit name change from Clusterfuck Coalition to Imperium. It's CLEARLY geared to make us more palatable to the gaming audience as a whole. Less dirty words in our group name, contracting our massive cockprint on the EVE universe, expeditions into other games (all with developer support), and now this. We are having our goonish culture neutered so that Mittens and Company can take his little Internet empire into the mainstream.

I'm sticking around only because of the Special Group That Shall Not Be Named. At least OUR culture remains pure and hostile to all pubbishness.

so not only can this slack jawed idiot not figure out how to use a message board look at this loving post he made in MMO HMO

lmao imagine thinkng that you were better than someone because you paid $10 on the internet to post on a message board

"cockprint"

"goonish culture"

"pubbishness"

"faggots in FCON"

ok dude

masteen
Nov 23, 2010
I'm so goddamn mad I posted this improperly as a separate thread. I apologize to the mods for my retardation. But anyway...

I want to be mad at those faggots in FCON for loving up our fun this year, but I honestly think that there has to be more to it.

I bet it's related to the bullshit name change from Clusterfuck Coalition to Imperium. It's CLEARLY geared to make us more palatable to the gaming audience as a whole. Less dirty words in our group name, contracting our massive cockprint on the EVE universe, expeditions into other games (all with developer support), and now this. We are having our goonish culture neutered so that Mittens and Company can take his little Internet empire into the mainstream.

I'm sticking around only because of the Special Group That Shall Not Be Named. At least OUR culture remains pure and hostile to all pubbishness.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

masteen posted:

I'm so goddamn mad I posted this improperly as a separate thread. I apologize to the mods for my retardation. But anyway...

gently caress you idiot

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unrelated: With Burn Amarr canceled, would anyone be interested in doing some Jackdaw gangs? Basically, fat Cawkfleet with more tank, more DPS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HURR DURR IM A GOON PLEASE DONT TAKE MY GOONISH CULTURE

:freep:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

Unrelated: With Burn Amarr canceled, would anyone be interested in doing some Jackdaw gangs? Basically, fat Cawkfleet with more tank, more DPS.

I would unironically log into EVE for that, especially if you ran the gang.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
at least our culture remains pure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

masteen posted:

Just dropping by to lmao at this fuckin post.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH OUR GOONISH CULTURE MITTENS :argh:

• Locked thread