Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

pvax posted:

Damnit. Missed Arcanum all three times. I have less free time this time!!! Stupid (not stupid) job!

Don't worry it's not really that good a game anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Deus ex 2 is a pretty good game, and so is arcanum, you assholes.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

folgore posted:

This is a lie.
It is a broken mess of a game, but it is still very fantastic.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Owned Deus Ex 2 twice and played it never.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Clever Spambot posted:

Deus ex 2 is a pretty good game, and so is arcanum, you assholes.

They are okay, I suppose.

Just don't expect Deus Ex levels of epic-ness and you'll be fine.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

folgore posted:

Yeah you're right it's a great game. Troika masters of the universe

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Deus Ex 2 of all things, and it's actually moving along pretty steadily so far. :psyduck:

For what it's worth, I actually liked DX:IW. Likely because it was my first experience with the DX series.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

If you look at Deus Ex: IW as well-meaning fan tribute project, you'll enjoy it more. It's not terrible.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

folgore posted:

I love that game - warts and all. I just wanted to replace and old broken disc.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Except for the loading zones, which is hard to hold against the game since it was the Xbox and PS2 that caused it, and universal ammo, which I honestly stopped caring about 1/4 into the game, Invisible War is is great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Someone managed to make a mod that makes Thief 3 into a single mostly-seamless experience as opposed to tons of little levels broken up by load screens, so maybe some day someone will do the same for Invisible War. It's not Deus Ex, but it's actually a pretty decent game if you ignore the dumb technical foibles.

Also, it's a game where you can actually be a cool cyborg samurai and have it work.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Someone managed to make a mod that makes Thief 3 into a single mostly-seamless experience as opposed to tons of little levels broken up by load screens...

What/where is this and who do I have to kill to get it?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
450 Signal Ops $2.24 (85% off) 4/5 stars

JustJeff88 posted:

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143658

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
It's Hammer(watch) time!

450 of them to go...

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013

pvax posted:

Damnit. Missed Arcanum all three times. I have less free time this time!!! Stupid (not stupid) job!

I missed Aarklash, the one game I wanted to snag, because I was at work too. I really wish they had a better way to do these sales.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I've missed Betrayal and Quest for Glory twice now. I really hope I don't miss the third time. I bet they both show up when I'm asleep.

I kinda want Etherlords 2 also.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Tiger Shark posted:

I missed Aarklash, the one game I wanted to snag, because I was at work too. I really wish they had a better way to do these sales.

Might be cool if they did it like an online stock trading service. Place a title and a max price you'll pay for it, and if it comes up at that price you get an alert to buy!

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Theme Park needs to sell ~1400 copies to move on to the next game. Is the game good enough to warrant GOG putting up so many copies?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Maybe this will last until I wake up. Moving at a good clip though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pengu! posted:

Theme Park needs to sell ~1400 copies to move on to the next game. Is the game good enough to warrant GOG putting up so many copies?

Nothing wrong with Theme Park, but in my estimation it doesn't hold a candle to RollerCoaster Tycoon(s) 1 & 2.

Thank you - I feel better that this is quite recent. If it had been around for years, I would be horrified to have missed it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I thought I liked Theme Park. Then I looked at the screenshots and realized I was actually playing Sim Theme Park. OG Theme Park seems kinda crappy.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Bart Fargo posted:

Might be cool if they did it like an online stock trading service. Place a title and a max price you'll pay for it, and if it comes up at that price you get an alert to buy!

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it has solid price alerts: http://isthereanydeal.com/

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Deus Ex 2 is extremely bad.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Deus Ex 2 is extremely bad.

Ugh, it's nowhere near bad. It runs well, plays well, the story isn't necessarily any more believable or worse than the first game it just obviously suffers from Console Design Syndrome where the interface is simplified and levels can be navigated in 30 seconds before a loading screen.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Gilok posted:

I kinda want Etherlords 2 also.

Hope you are not sleeping now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm going to take waking up to find the one game I had the slightest interest in on sale to be a sign that yes, I should buy Raiden Legacy.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Zork wasn't up for very long. :stare:

Heretic Kingdoms now.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

iastudent posted:

Zork wasn't up for very long. :stare:

Heretic Kingdoms now.

They only put 100 copies of Zork up. Heretic Kingdoms went surprisingly fast.

3.99 Papers Please now.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

ModeSix posted:

They only put 100 copies of Zork up. Heretic Kingdoms went surprisingly fast.

3.99 Papers Please now.

That's done now. Now we've got Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller for $6. I expect this one to take a while.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm surprised Cognition is moving at all at 6 bucks for a hidden object game, but it's actually going at a reasonable speed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Cognition is a point and click adventure game. I was thinking getting it for some time, but I heard it was bad so I'll skip it.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Has Painkiller gone on sale a final time?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Welp, I connected after getting home from work and picked up the last call from Luftrausers, what were the odds?

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
According to this useful Reddit thread http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/25mvg6/gog_updated_google_doc_of_whats_done_and_whats/ posted here earlier, Painkiller isn't on its last chance yet.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

NadaTooma posted:

According to this useful Reddit thread http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/25mvg6/gog_updated_google_doc_of_whats_done_and_whats/ posted here earlier, Painkiller isn't on its last chance yet.

According to that, Shelter's still up for grabs. Good, I've missed it every time so far.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Did anyone else notice that Shadowrun and the Dragonfall expansion don't show up in the catalogue? What I mean is that, if you click on Browse Games and it shows every game sold, those don't show up - I'm not sure if there are any others. They still exist if you search for them, though. No big deal, I'm just surprised and didn't notice until after I picked up Shadowrun, went to look for Dragonfall and couldn't find either.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This is the first one of these I've ever been around for. It sure did go from frantic and exciting to excruciatingly boring :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

This is the first one of these I've ever been around for. It sure did go from frantic and exciting to excruciatingly boring :(

This is every major internet sale. Go to the Steam thread during Summer or Winter sales and the first 10,000 posts are "no way, look at all these deals!" and the last 10,000 are "I have nothing left to buy boooooo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

al-azad posted:

This is every major internet sale. Go to the Steam thread during Summer or Winter sales and the first 10,000 posts are "no way, look at all these deals!" and the last 10,000 are "I have nothing left to buy boooooo"
Well the fact you have to sit through 600 copies of things that aren't moving. Steam Sale you can just walk away and check again when the countdown timer tells you to. This you have to actually sit there and hope other suckers spend their money to move through the chaff.