Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Desc on that page says top hat for PSN preorders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That + not having to wait for it to arrive by mail is why I'm digitally pre-ordering it. Do big PS4 releases typically have pre-load? Probably doesn't matter for me much either way as I won't be able to enjoy it until I get home from my classes, but it'd be nice to have it mostly downloaded anyway in case my PS4 wi-fi craps out (anyone else have that issue where your DL speeds on it will just be way lower than normal?)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Bloodborne has preload starting 3/22 (Sunday) per Twitter, though the file size hasn't been listed anywhere yet.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Genocyber posted:

That + not having to wait for it to arrive by mail is why I'm digitally pre-ordering it. Do big PS4 releases typically have pre-load? Probably doesn't matter for me much either way as I won't be able to enjoy it until I get home from my classes, but it'd be nice to have it mostly downloaded anyway in case my PS4 wi-fi craps out (anyone else have that issue where your DL speeds on it will just be way lower than normal?)

Games will usually unlock the Sunday before, but not allow access till Tuesday, so you'll have a couple of days to preload.

Download speeds are weird on the PS4, and seem to be highly dependent on what server you happen to connect to. Pausing/unpausing the download can sometimes help. That said, the ps4's wifi doesn't work very well for some people, although it works fine for me.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

turtlecrunch posted:

This is the only place I'm sure about for it:
http://www.amazon.de/Bloodborne-Limited-Steelbook-exklusiv-Amazon/dp/B00TE2XFC0/

It also gets the fedora skin which is advertised elsewhere as an EB exclusive. :psyduck:
drat, gotta ask a friend to forward it then.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Some specific info on how online works.

It sounds about the same as usual. The "Bell Maiden" thing sounds interesting - I guess it's an NPC/monster that allows invasions?

Also it looks like your phantom type changes your clothing color instead of giving you an aura.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SkeletonHero posted:

It sounds about the same as usual. The "Bell Maiden" thing sounds interesting - I guess it's an NPC/monster that allows invasions?

Also it looks like your phantom type changes your clothing color instead of giving you an aura.

I'm really interested what they mean by "normal" Chalice Dungeons. Do they just mean a stock, developer-made set of Chalice Dungeons, or is the whole game going to be like, some Zelda-style poo poo where the Dungeons make up the meat of the game? Regardless, I'm hyped to learn that you can save and distribute your Dungeons. Time to generate until I get ultimate death hell to share with everyone :swoon:

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

SkeletonHero posted:

"u fuckers think your so good at bloodborne better 1v1 me

Watchword: Benghazi"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When are this and Demon's Souls coming out on the canon console: the Personal Computer?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Lol @ all the people buying a ps4 before the slim is out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

When are this and Demon's Souls coming out on the canon console: the Personal Computer?

the Fifth of Never I'm afraid.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Never :unsmigghh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SkeletonHero posted:

Sounds like the parting shot will be an limited use item that ends an invasion right away. Maybe you even need to shoot the invader with it.

And it looks like you won't see ghosts outside of the chalice dungeon which is a shame, but I guess they don't really fit the aesthetic of Bloodborne.

Also colored clothing for phantoms is rad and sharing chalice dungeons is going to be fun.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

turtlecrunch posted:

:siren: Since it's March it's probably okay to start collecting PSN IDs, so post em if you got em. :siren:

PSN - An1m3w33dL0rD

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

Sounds like the parting shot will be an limited use item that ends an invasion right away. Maybe you even need to shoot the invader with it.

And it looks like you won't see ghosts outside of the chalice dungeon which is a shame, but I guess they don't really fit the aesthetic of Bloodborne.

Also colored clothing for phantoms is rad and sharing chalice dungeons is going to be fun.

I think it will be like Dark Souls where the invader can use to leave if they wish, I don't think they would give the host a item to force the invader to leave.
Imagine loading into a world and before you can even do anything you're kicked right back out. Waste of time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FauxGateau posted:

the Fifth of Never I'm afraid.

It really sucks having to buy a lovely console to play GOTY but boy am I glad I have 500+ in gift cards from work so I aint spending one red cent of my own money.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

Lol @ all the people buying a ps4 before the slim is out.

Honestly I'm not sure what you think Sony can do with the concept of a PS4 Slim. The launch unit is already amazingly small for what it does, and having things that can't be shrunken (hard drive, disc drive, various ports, etc) put a hard limit on how far they can go. They might be able to trim the edges but it wouldn't be anything like the shrink we got from PS3 to PS3 Slim. I might be wrong but the only method I can think of to make it drastically smaller would be to make an alternate version without a disc drive - which some people might actually appreciate.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Groovelord Neato posted:

It really sucks having to buy a lovely console to play GOTY but boy am I glad I have 500+ in gift cards from work so I aint spending one red cent of my own money.

The PS4 is a good machine. PC is objectively better but there's nothing wrong with owning a PS4 for the odd exclusive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This will be literally the only game I buy for it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bloodborne 2?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, I too just ordered my Bloodborne machine. The machine I will use to play Bloodborne and then nothing else. Well, maybe that Salt & Sanctuary thing, I guess?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
*cough* *cough*shameless self promotion giving away a copy of bloodborne *cough* *cough*

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I guess I picked a good point to ask this: should I buy a PS4 for this game? :v:

Just saw a few trailers and it looks gorgeous. I'm also a big fan of previous From Software titles.

This might be the game to push me into buying a Destiny-box.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I guess I picked a good point to ask this: should I buy a PS4 for this game? :v:

Just saw a few trailers and it looks gorgeous. I'm also a big fan of previous From Software titles.

This might be the game to push me into buying a Destiny-box.

If you don't have a PC, a PS4 is a no-brainer. The AAA games are generally more populated than the XBone, it has tons of indies (a bunch for free with PS+), and it has some neat features that may or may not work for you (remote play, share play, etc). If you have a PC, a lot of the AAA/indie games are already available to you and generally for cheaper, so it comes down to PS4 exclusives. If you like Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne, etc, it's probably worth it. If not, then don't waste your money and just wait a few years until the price has dropped a bit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
If you buy a PS4 only for Bloodborne, you should at least install the copy of The Last of Us that will probably come with your console.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

EC posted:

If you don't have a PC, a PS4 is a no-brainer. The AAA games are generally more populated than the XBone, it has tons of indies (a bunch for free with PS+), and it has some neat features that may or may not work for you (remote play, share play, etc). If you have a PC, a lot of the AAA/indie games are already available to you and generally for cheaper, so it comes down to PS4 exclusives. If you like Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne, etc, it's probably worth it. If not, then don't waste your money and just wait a few years until the price has dropped a bit.

Soul Glo posted:

If you buy a PS4 only for Bloodborne, you should at least install the copy of The Last of Us that will probably come with your console.

I didn't mean just for this game. There are others i'd buy and play on it as well.

I already have a short-list of exclusives i've been eyeing that still haven't pushed me quite as far as this one has. I do have a pc and am still playing a little DS2 on it these days, but man does this game look good, and if it's PS4 exclusive, I might take the plunge (into my savings :smith:).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Mmhm.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SkeletonHero posted:

Awesome!

quote:

When the boss of the area is defeated, co-op will end. The guests will be sent back to their own world, and receive a reward.
If the host or the the guests die, the session will fail, and the guests will be sent back to their own world with no rewards. The session will also end if the “Parting Shot” is used.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little bummed. I was hoping that co-op would be made a little smoother in this game. Oh well, it works like the other Souls games. That's not too unexpected.

quote:

A newly introduced feature is the “Watchword.” Players will be able to set a password of up to eight characters, and they will be matched automatically with others that have set the same password. This will help in playing with friends, but it won’t work in PvP.

Hey this rules! This is waaaaay better than the name-engraved ring. :dance: Too bad my friends don't have PS4s :smith:

quote:

When players die, they will leave a tombstone visible by other players connected online. By touching it, those players will be able to see the replay of the death, and guess its cause.

Hmmm, the pre-order bonuses say that you leave the messengers on the ground when you die, not a tombstone. I like a tombstone better, but I'm wondering how much of this information now is actually not true or badly translated.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

steakmancer posted:

"u fuckers think your so good at bloodborne better 1v1 me

Watchword: Benghazi"

Watchwords only work for co-op, not invasions :negative:

Alabaster White posted:

I'm really interested what they mean by "normal" Chalice Dungeons. Do they just mean a stock, developer-made set of Chalice Dungeons, or is the whole game going to be like, some Zelda-style poo poo where the Dungeons make up the meat of the game? Regardless, I'm hyped to learn that you can save and distribute your Dungeons. Time to generate until I get ultimate death hell to share with everyone :swoon:

quote:

There are two kinds of Chalice Dungeons: normal dungeons and generated dungeons. Both are playable online or offline, but you’ll need to be online in order to generate a dungeon. You’ll also need to be online to download one from the servers.

Yeah sounds that way to me, like the game ships with some 'stock' Chalice Dungeons and then you can get more from there by going online.

I think those will just be pre-configured versions of the randomly generated dungeons, but will be separate from the normal bloodborne dungeons.
If Chalice Dungeons means all the dungeons and the whole game can be generated, that'd be amazing, but I don't see that happening.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 6, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Order?!?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Zaphod42 posted:

Hmmm, the pre-order bonuses say that you leave the messengers on the ground when you die, not a tombstone. I like a tombstone better, but I'm wondering how much of this information now is actually not true or badly translated.

The messengers surround the tombstone. They also cry over your dead rear end and people could hear them weeping from pretty far away in the alpha.

edit: You can actually see a tombstone in this screenshot.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 6, 2015

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Would it be possible to preload the day 1 patch at mid night release day if I'm going to be using a physical retail copy I pick up the next morning? Just don't wanna sit around wasting anymore time once the game is in my grubby little hands

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

NattyBo posted:

Would it be possible to preload the day 1 patch at mid night release day if I'm going to be using a physical retail copy I pick up the next morning? Just don't wanna sit around wasting anymore time once the game is in my grubby little hands

No. You can start playing while the patch downloads and when it's done quit to install it.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Sprat Sandwich posted:

No. You can start playing while the patch downloads and when it's done quit to install it.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to play the game online until the latest patch has been downloaded and installed.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

SkeletonHero posted:

I'm pretty sure this is old news, but not having to wait for summon signs for co-op sounds great and something I've been wanting since demon's souls. The password feature sounds rad since it sounds like you can make mini-groups if you have a specific password to limit your partners to people you like.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I'm pretty sure this is old news, but not having to wait for summon signs for co-op sounds great and something I've been wanting since demon's souls. The password feature sounds rad since it sounds like you can make mini-groups if you have a specific password to limit your partners to people you like.

Yeah, we could all set our watchword to "Goons" or "LLJK" or something and then we should only see each others' signs. That's pretty chill, so we can create our own 'server' sorta, without having to explicitly friend up everybody else and invite each other or whatever.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does the British Museum know he stole the Rosetta Stone

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

actionjackson posted:

Does the British Museum know he stole the Rosetta Stone

Nah man, that's a pissed off Moses dropping the Ten Commandments on some sinners.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

So if I get this right using the summoning bell might cause the bell maiden to appear, meaning your rear end is open to invasion.
This means no invasions unless you're opening your session to coop buddies, unless a maiden is already roaming the area. I like the idea that trying to get some help could end up very very badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Brumaldo posted:

So if I get this right using the summoning bell might cause the bell maiden to appear, meaning your rear end is open to invasion.
This means no invasions unless you're opening your session to coop buddies, unless a maiden is already roaming the area. I like the idea that trying to get some help could end up very very badly.

That is such a :darksouls: thing to do, I'm surprised From hadn't implemented it before.

PSN: AxeFace

• Locked thread