Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

The release keeps getting delayed due to "mature content". I wonder how the Reddit app gets away with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bootleg robot posted:

The release keeps getting delayed due to "mature content". I wonder how the Reddit app gets away with this.

drat. Looking forward to this 'official' release. Decided to not install the current one due to what I've read so far, and how the one pretty much owns.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

bootleg robot posted:

There is an app called Baconit run by Quinn Damerell. I have emailed bug reports before and received answers back within the day. Perhaps ask him?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

bootleg robot posted:

Any word on the app? The Dev build I installed expired today so am now without mobile Forums :smithicide:

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any word on the app? The Dev build I installed expired today so am now without mobile Forums :smithicide:

No response yet from the Baconit dev; I'm going to try and get another beta going to ease the pain, until I can find a solution.

In the meantime, I've been overhauling the UI and backend to provide a better forum experience. :)

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

bootleg robot posted:

No response yet from the Baconit dev; I'm going to try and get another beta going to ease the pain, until I can find a solution.

In the meantime, I've been overhauling the UI and backend to provide a better forum experience. :)

Dibs on the beta when it's launched.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I'd love BETA access as well.

homercles82 at live dot com

Awful!.dll
May 31, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kapinga posted:

Can I get in on the beta as well? [Thanks]. I guess I removed my email a bit too quickly from my previous post.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Looks like MS testing is underway. Fingers crossed here...

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Looks like MS testing is underway. Fingers crossed here...

Good luck. I always look forward to your work.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Saw an update. Uninstalled. Reinstalled.

Same poo poo, different version #. :smith:

Handset is a Lumia 900.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Installed the update. It's working fine on my lumia 900. the first use always worked fine though. We'll have to see in a week how things are going.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

pankus posted:

Installed the update. It's working fine on my lumia 900. the first use always worked fine though. We'll have to see in a week how things are going.

I was going to wait until my phone notified me that the update was ready, but I went and updated manually. I was able to access the forum with no problems (using it to make this post).

Phone, I'll send you a PM so we can try work this out.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

MOTHER OF GOD.

How did you get through the cert process? I hope it was just by **** out all the bad words.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Now it's working. Restarted my phone and installed from scratch.

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number
Woot, it works for me too. Oddly, it actually worked for me yesterday, before the update hit. I have no idea what allowed that to happen, I hadn't used it in months...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm finally getting to experience this app and it is glorious.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Sending this from the app. Thanks bootleg robot!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So how does the app determine what to censor? I noticed that the word assassin is censored in a coupons thread.

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number
Its pretty clearly doing a very simple regex for disallowed words, even if they are substrings within larger words. So assassin has rear end twice.

Itd be nice to have a more complex filter, but hey, ot passed validation!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Wait, the app censors text on the forums? I was all set to move to windows phone, but I'm not doing that without a functional forums app and that just lost me

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

The Lord Bude posted:

Wait, the app censors text on the forums? I was all set to move to windows phone, but I'm not doing that without a functional forums app and that just lost me
Using the app now and nothing is censored. I can read 'assassin' just fine. :)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

therobotking posted:

Using the app now and nothing is censored. I can read 'assassin' just fine. :)

Thank heavens for that. I really want a lumia 920, but forums access is too important to mess around with.

I do want to say how much nicer the windows phone app looks compared to the Android forums app I use now.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Either you're using an old version or I'm missing the option to turn off the filter 'cause I'm seeing a galaxy's worth of stars all over the place.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

xK1 posted:

Either you're using an old version or I'm missing the option to turn off the filter 'cause I'm seeing a galaxy's worth of stars all over the place.

He must be using the old version. I'm not sure how the version I uploaded is missing the filter toggle, but I'm putting out a short beta with the fix to be *completely sure* that it works, then pushing it to the marketplace. For now, you'll have to put up with stars. Sorry!

That will be the last update to the app. The next release after has been completely rebuilt from scratch, to address the problems with speed, logins, and persistence.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

He must be using the old version. I'm not sure how the version I uploaded is missing the filter toggle, but I'm putting out a short beta with the fix to be *completely sure* that it works, then pushing it to the marketplace. For now, you'll have to put up with stars. Sorry!

That will be the last update to the app. The next release after has been completely rebuilt from scratch, to address the problems with speed, logins, and persistence.

Thanks! I also have to relogin every time, but at least it actually works now. Is that something that running in debug mode and sending the log will actually help chase down?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Maneki Neko posted:

Thanks! I also have to relogin every time, but at least it actually works now. Is that something that running in debug mode and sending the log will actually help chase down?

Yep, go ahead and send me the log. It sounds like the internal database isn't saving your cookie, which would make it prompt for a login every time.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

Any fundamental changes we will see? Support for higher WP8 resolutions? New features? What can you tell us?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
So this app worked perfectly the other day. Today it's refusing to log me in

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Captainsalami posted:

...it's refusing to log me in

I am also having this problem. It will tell me that the login failed no matter how many times I try. If this helps, I am on a Nokia Lumia 900.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

JetpackHowwy posted:

I am also having this problem. It will tell me that the login failed no matter how many times I try. If this helps, I am on a Nokia Lumia 900.

Same here on a Focus. :(

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

The app expects a certain number of cookies from the server to satisfy login requirements; apparently a change was made to send less than the expected number. The fact that this change was made not even a week after everyone got the new release makes me think that I'm being trolled by the universe. :smith:

Anyways, the fix has been made, will be available in the next release...

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

bootleg robot posted:

The app expects a certain number of cookies from the server to satisfy login requirements; apparently a change was made to send less than the expected number. The fact that this change was made not even a week after everyone got the new release makes me think that I'm being trolled by the universe. :smith:

Anyways, the fix has been made, will be available in the next release...

Strangely, once I turned on debug mode this went away for me.

Sedes
Jun 7, 2007

JetpackHowwy posted:

welp, not any better on a Lumia 800 as well

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

Maneki Neko posted:

Strangely, once I turned on debug mode this went away for me.

How'd you enable debug mode without logging in?

The previous release is still working for me, but I haven't logged out of it recently. The beta reports a login failure.

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend
Is your app hidden? I was able to get it from the QR code, but typing in "awful!" brings up something about Vegeta

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Rent posted:

Is your app hidden? I was able to get it from the QR code, but typing in "awful!" brings up something about Vegeta

Yep, hidden until the fix is out.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Got the update, thank god.
My assistants like to play with basketballs.
Celia Dikshit is the Minister of Delhi.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm still getting words hashed out. Apparently documents is a dirty word. It shows up on my phone as do***ents. I'm also getting "An unknown error" every time I tap to access a thread. If I cancel out of that, it lets me view it no problem (bar the hashing of words). I've sent a few bug reports to the author.

Using 1.15.302.0 update. Help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FTJ
Mar 1, 2003

BTB's Monty Python pro-star!
Disable the wordfilter. That helped for me.

• Locked thread