Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's definitely a co-lead situation, Carlysle is the Pacino to Guy Pearce's Keanu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Couple of tidbits.

X-Men

quote:

X-Men: Days of Future Past
It sounds like one thing we won't be seeing in the upcoming "X-Men: First Class" sequel is the casts from the previous trilogy mixing with their younger counterparts. Actor James McAvoy recently said he won't get to star alongside the original Professor X:

"It’ll be cool, but I don’t think [Patrick Stewart and I] get any scenes together, sadly. I don’t think there’s any future self talking to past self."

From: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/26345/sequel-news-prometheus-spidey-x-men-iron but WARNING, there's a potential spoiler image for Iron Man 3 in there.

Which is...

apparently this is "Heartbreaker Armor"

EDIT: Also!

quote:

Guillermo del Toro says that he and another writer, whom he won't reveal just yet, are about to pitch to Warner Brothers their take on the DC Comics "Dark Universe" ensemble project.

As previously suggested, the project will see the various magical beings from the DC Comics universe coming together "The Avengers" style. Del Toro says:

"I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe. We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret.

I hope it happens. It's going really really well. It's like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart.

I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight.... I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alex Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig."

Source: Total Film

I have a feeling if Pacific Rim turns out to be a smash this has a good chance of going through.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 28, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat. That looks awesome.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Whenever I hear about the Heartbreaker Armor in Iron Man 3, I keep thinking that we will see Pepper become Rescue. Probably because of Nerf, who also made a bow tie-in with Avengers' Hawkeye.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's definitely a co-lead situation, Carlysle is the Pacino to Guy Pearce's Keanu.

This is how I'm going to describe every couple or duo from now on.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Gotta say, I like it more than the main one.

And while it's kind of a bummer with X-men, at the same time maybe they'll be doing something awesome with the story.

On another note I finally saw Dredd. Really cool, and terrible there's not going to be a sequel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LesterGroans posted:

I'm going to start using that to refer to myself and my girlfriend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there any comic background to this heartbreaker stuff?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Have another Iron man concept armor art. I dunno, speculated spoiler.

Space Suit

Here's one that looks like Derp.

Hulkbuster

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gatts posted:

Have another Iron man concept armor art. I dunno, speculated spoiler.
EDIT: WAIT!

That's the same armor we saw in the POP Iron Man figure.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

Ravenous is basically a competently told version of The Devil's Advocate, anyway.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Keep in mind that Tony's new mostly-gold armor is being called the Mark 47 so there's probably an awful lot of suits he made between Avengers and Iron Man 3, maybe too many if he's gotten obsessive about being potentially outgunned. These could just show up in the background or something.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Garden State used to be a huge goon favorite pre-CD, along with Donnie Darko.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Hey I like Garden State and Donnie Darko. I guess I am forfeiting goon status.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Hey I like Garden State and Donnie Darko. I guess I am forfeiting goon status.

Nah, you just still got that old-school cred. How do you feel about Equilibrium?

At least Big Lebowski will never go out of style.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Nobody brings it up nowadays but people definitely tried to argue Boondock Saints was a good movie back in the day on SA.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I still think Donnie Darko kinda rules, honestly.

Boondock Saints fans were purged from CineD using Stalinist tactics.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Donnie Darko owns, and I say this as the only person who paid to see The Box.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Donnie Darko is good, but it can never be as amazing as Southland Tales.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I still think Donnie Darko kinda rules, honestly.

Boondock Saints fans were purged from CineD using Stalinist tactics.

There were so man BS avatars and sigs back in the day. Good god what a bunch of twats.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

My freshman year of college, I couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting some tool who wanted to show me how he memorized the oath from the Boondock Saints.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The worst memory I have of Garden State is that I was taking film classes at the time, and 90% of the final projects had music from that soundtrack playing over them. So, not only can I not stand the movie, i also associate it with a bunch of bad student films on top of that.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, I still have that Frou Frou song on my iPod somewhere.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I like all of these films, oh god I need help!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aatrek posted:

Yeah, I still have that Frou Frou song on my iPod somewhere.

You're a monster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Garden State was my favorite movie during my junior year in high school. I still think it's a good movie, same goes for Donnie Darko and Equilibrium. The only reason I think Boondock Saints is ok now is because of Norman Reedus.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Darko posted:

The worst memory I have of Garden State is that I was taking film classes at the time, and 90% of the final projects had music from that soundtrack playing over them. So, not only can I not stand the movie, i also associate it with a bunch of bad student films on top of that.

Cause BLUE EYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS, You're all that I need

:v:

It is pretty funny that the Garden State soundtrack won a Grammy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad The Last Kiss didn't have as much of a following as Garden State did because the soundtrack is much better even thou its Garden State 2.0.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Is it weird that I really don't have a problem with Boondock Saints? I don't love it, and I never bothered with the sequel, but I thought it was pretty watchable.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
Ask yourself: When was the last time you saw it? If the answer is past high school, then yes, it is weird.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ZackHoagie posted:

Ask yourself: When was the last time you saw it? If the answer is past high school, then yes, it is weird.

Man, Willem Dafoe is still amazing in that movie.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

Hakkesshu posted:

Man, Willem Dafoe is still amazing in that movie.

"There was a firefight" is a pretty great line-read, everything else sucks poo poo.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

WickedIcon posted:

Is it weird that I really don't have a problem with Boondock Saints? I don't love it, and I never bothered with the sequel, but I thought it was pretty watchable.
I never understood Boondock Saints' popularity. I watched it and thought it was pretty meh. I didn't hate it, but I still don't understand why so many people loved it.

At least it wasn't as offensively, gut-punchingly awful as the highly recommended Smokin' Aces, which I guess was Joe Carnahan attempting to make a Guy Ritchie movie or something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

ZackHoagie posted:

"There was a firefight" is a pretty great line-read, everything else sucks poo poo.

This should literally be every review for that movie.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

SpaceMost posted:

At least it wasn't as offensively, gut-punchingly awful as the highly recommended Smokin' Aces, which I guess was Joe Carnahan attempting to make a Guy Ritchie movie or something.

Smokin' Aces has some incredibly colourful, over-the-top comic book action sequences, but everything else about it is painfully telegraphed and preposterous. ...which is why I don't understand how Carnahan could turn around and make the opposite movie in The A-Team, with great energy and engaging performances, but action sequences that are a total mess of computer animation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpaceMost posted:

I never understood Boondock Saints' popularity. I watched it and thought it was pretty meh. I didn't hate it, but I still don't understand why so many people loved it.

Something about it appeals to guys who really just want to be badass tough guys. I worked in a bar for many years and I couldn't count the number of BS hand tattoos I saw. I also know at least three couples who named their kids after the brothers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rhyno posted:

Something about it appeals to guys who really just want to be badass tough guys. I worked in a bar for many years and I couldn't count the number of BS hand tattoos I saw. I also know at least three couples who named their kids after the brothers.

This is scary to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is scary to me.

I know at least one local shop that advertised how good they were at them.

Edit: Here's a guy I used to friends with. He got them on his upper arms instead of his hands but it's still loving retarded. I mocked him endlessly about it so he deleted all his pictures showing them off but he missed this one!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 28, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I thought the Boondock Saints was the coolest thing ever when I was in my first year of university. By the time I graduated it was obvious it was loving vile poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

How is it vile poo poo? Serious question. I haven't watched that movie in years and remember being highly entertained by it.

• Locked thread