Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Yeah. It went up yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm seriously questioning why Genjuro would decide it's a good idea to send the hotheaded impulsive symphogear user whose attacks are entirely based around high explosive missiles and bombs to fight people in an undersea facility. Come on, dude, when even the crazy loving murderdolls are questioning the sanity of your symphogear user you've probably got a problem.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yo, Genjuro is going to fight that monster right?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
That has to happen. I demand it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yo, Genjuro is going to fight that monster right?

The scene drat well better be a homage to Chief Chujo taking on the Giant Sphere

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
We may be dependent on our linker, but there's no time limit on our bonds! :3:

Also I guess they can't blow the moon up again, so the Earth will have to do.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also post-credits: WILL NO ONE STAY DEAD?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

That certainly was a G E N O C I D E

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kylra posted:

Also post-credits: WILL NO ONE STAY DEAD?

Kanade. I hope.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

graybook posted:

Kanade. I hope.
This would be absolutely bananas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Carol pulls off her mask at the end to reveal Kanade 'it was me Tsubasa, it was me all along!'
In the background Hibiki goes 'aww, son of a b-'

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sakurazuka posted:

Carol pulls off her mask at the end to reveal Kanade 'it was me Tsubasa, it was me all along!'

:vince:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Yesssss

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sakurazuka posted:

It would be an amazing full-circle clusterfuck if there's like an autoscorer at the core of that thing that's just mannequin-version Kanade.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Crunchyroll's added Symphogear G!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This is what I signed up for.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I thought that was gonna be the last episode.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just onto ep 4. The commander is something else.

That bit with the heels :tviv:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 20, 2015

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Kylra posted:

This is what I signed up for.

It's not Symphogear until the strawberry jam flows.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Onto Ep 2 of G, not quite sure how I feel about S2CA Tri Burst mostly because it doesn't require singing in it's actual attack.

Also, where's the attack postcards for Hibiki? This has bothered me throughout all of S1.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 21, 2015

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ConanThe3rd posted:

Onto Ep 2 of G, not quite sure how I feel about S2CA Tri Burst mostly because it doesn't require singing in it's actual attack.

Also, where's the attack postcards for Hibiki? This has bothered me throughout all of S1.

she doesn't get them because technically her Armed Gear isn't an actual weapon, its her power to connect people

so basically imagine if Sailor Moon's magic didn't work and she instead did everything by literally whacking everyone with the pink moon stick as hard as she could

this is why Hibiki is the best

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

She just punches stuff. No attacks.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, ok, that makes sense I guess.

Just like me some nice looking Typogrophy.

Edit: G9 - of course Genjurou gets the training montage theme and of course it's the best song of the show.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 23, 2015

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I love this show. I miss it and its cracked-out everything already.

Also, I want my own buzzsaw roomba.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was the second most ridiculous rocket punch I've ever seen.

Stupid show finds time for Carol and Elfnein to kiss but not Hibiki and Miku? :argh:

I wonder what that sequel hook(?) was about.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Symphogear's European Vacation, obviously.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Sakurazuka posted:

Stupid show finds time for Carol and Elfnein to kiss but not Hibiki and Miku? :argh:

clearly it's for the next season, when hibiki and miku will finally almost kiss before being interrupted by an explosion and they never get around to it again

you'll have to watch the season after that to know for sure!

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The Magical Girl Incident? Wasn't that reffering to Carol's attack on the world

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe, that's why I added the question mark.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I just hope it involves Synthetic Symhogears and, idealy, an European Rainbow Coloitaion of such.

Though if we just got Micha back (or her in Skullgirls) that'd be fine too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just hope it involves Synthetic Symhogears and, idealy, an European Rainbow Coloitaion of such.

Though if we just got Micha back (or her in Skullgirls) that'd be fine too.

I would love the Autoscorers to come back. I really wish they had gotten to do more. I also kind of dislike how the most interesting of them, Garie and Micha were killed first. I was really hoping that Carol had rebuilt them at the end.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Next season everyone is getting a megazord. That fist was just part of Hibiki's.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When Carol turned into a mecha dragon that's what I expected to happen.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Does everyone remember that time someone in this thread mentioned the monster things in the background that show up for a frame on their Dainsleif transforms? And that they've gone through the all alchemical steps now? Yeah, it's happening.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, I just realised this whole bloody affair was an awfully convoluted way to go about getting a replacement science officer.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 27, 2015

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would love the Autoscorers to come back. I really wish they had gotten to do more. I also kind of dislike how the most interesting of them, Garie and Micha were killed first. I was really hoping that Carol had rebuilt them at the end.

Well, on the other hand, it's four more examples of characters staying dead in the Symphogear world. Other than the very strange scenes of mooks getting gunned down in the first season, this season may have the show's highest body count yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the bit in episode 12 where they show the buildings being reconstructed but not the people that were in them in the same shot earlier was actually pretty :stare:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This show has always had a bit of a callous disregard for human life though so I wasn't too surprised.

I mean the whole franchise starts on a concert whose fatality count would have been absolute if not for two people and one of them got shot in the heart.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, I was mainly referring to named characters. I don't think a single named character from G died during the events of the season, but I could be off by like one.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
There was that one-way trip to the sun, while suffering from a fatal case of ????. Unless you're not counting anyone who isn't in a box by the end credits.

Gotta admit, Hibiki swapping her spear-arm for an arm-arm was kinda underwhelming, as far as “upgrades” go. That's not even like 1/4 as cool as a robot dragon.

Also, it doesn't really matter like, at all, but who the hell greets their estranged wife of like, 2–3 years with a loving handshake? I get it, but still what the hell.

• Locked thread