Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
drat, that Ticket to Ride deal is a sweet steal.
You can purchase one of the DLC for $1.99 then get the full game + Drip Drip for free, I almost feel bad for buying it so drat cheap.
edit: If you do this I recommend grabbing any of the dlc other than USA as it's .99 on steam and 1.99 for each of the rest.

Eryxias fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Swagger Dagger posted:

Wait, seriously? This is the only reason I bought Bioshock from you. Will it at least work after 30 days?

It's a little... disgruntling? ... that the limitation wasn't mentioned anywhere (as far as I know) when advertising the credit as a part of the Bioshock Infinite purchase. But anyway I'm with Swagger Dagger here; I'd like to know if it will be usable on products like the BI season pass or BNW once they have been out for at least 30 days.

Actually, the BI season pass has been on sale for more than 30 days; has anyone successfully used the credit for that? I was going to take a peek but I don't remember exactly whether the ominous "Buy and Download" button gives you a review of your purchase before committing.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Bumpy Johnson posted:

Tony indicates on CAG that the coupon is one-use only.

Thanks for the assist!

Achernar posted:

Is the Paradox Seas Bundle coming back for the weekend or not? I'm not sure because it's listed as currently unavailable right now.

Yep we'll be doing a recap on some of our deals on 7/13-14, that is one of them.

IUG posted:

Contact support. I did the same thing and they gave me the Steam version for free.

This man, he speaks the truth, if this doesn't get you resolved just let me know and I'll get you sorted.

PoshAlligator posted:

You gonna be price matching most everything old Tony old pal?

Yes, we will be, sometimes the pricing just takes a while.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AmazonTony posted:

This man, he speaks the truth, if this doesn't get you resolved just let me know and I'll get you sorted.
Is it OK to go ahead and buy that bundle now knowing that it doesn't have Steam codes then contact support to switch me over to Steam one? I don't see a Steam version of the bundle yet.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
It's weird seeing the gooncave code on Kotaku and knowing its origin. :v:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I sent an Amazon link to someone at work for some game they had been talking about and they mentioned the gooncave code at the bottom. Hearing your co-worker say "gooncave" out loud is hilarious.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Any chance of a sale on the Brave New World DLC for Civ5? I know it just came out so my hopes are not high.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Any chance of a sale on the Brave New World DLC for Civ5? I know it just came out so my hopes are not high.
You can use GOONCAVE coupon to get 15% off. Probably the best you can expect for awhile.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I see the gooncave code is one time use only... but if i have multiple games once in my checkout cart, can i use it on all of the games in the cart?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
When does that gooncave code expire, midnight on the 12th?

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Mister Fister posted:

I see the gooncave code is one time use only... but if i have multiple games once in my checkout cart, can i use it on all of the games in the cart?

Digital has a cart now?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Not_Log posted:

Digital has a cart now?

Oh, drat didn't know it worked like that.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
The pc download of "Defiance" that Amazon sells is NOT a Steam key, right? I don't see anything listed for DRM on the item page, so what does that mean? You have to download it directly from Amazon?

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

McCoy Pauley posted:

The pc download of "Defiance" that Amazon sells is NOT a Steam key, right? I don't see anything listed for DRM on the item page, so what does that mean? You have to download it directly from Amazon?

Nope, not a Steam key. You get a code that you enter at Trion's site and you can download the client there.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
When I bought Tomb Raider I realized a second too late that I had forgotten to apply the Gooncave voucher. Then I panicked and in the process of trying to cancel the purchase I've somehow ended up buying it twice for the normale sale price each. Can I at least somehow undo the duplicate purchase?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Entenzahn posted:

When I bought Tomb Raider I realized a second too late that I had forgotten to apply the Gooncave voucher. Then I panicked and in the process of trying to cancel the purchase I've somehow ended up buying it twice for the normale sale price each. Can I at least somehow undo the duplicate purchase?

If you have not revealed the key yet try contacting amazon support

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Entenzahn posted:

I pictured this entire thing as if you're one of the clumsy black-and-white people from an infomercial.

There's got to be a better way!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Entenzahn posted:

no suffer for your mistake forever you big stupid

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

OhSnapGangsta posted:

It's 33% off at Steam right now. Which means on the last day it'll probably be that price again. Tony, is that something Amazon would match, salewise?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Entenzahn posted:

Hit up support, they'll get you sorted. If you run into a problem (yo I'll solve it), hit me up here and I'll take care of it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Entenzahn posted:

Amazon support is incredibly helpful, and will doubtless reverse this for you. The handful of times I've had to deal with them have been nothing but awesome (one of the reasons I got a Prime membership).

Also, this code is all over the goddamn place; I just saw it on a couple of different deals sites, and was thinking "drat, that has to be from SA."

Anyone tried that Arena of Heroes game? It sounds interesting, but doesn't have many reviews, which makes me skeptical.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 12, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Thanatosian posted:

Anyone tried that Arena of Heroes game? It sounds interesting, but doesn't have many reviews, which makes me skeptical.

I tried the beta and couldn't even get past the first 10 mins. It's a turnbased MOBA and its awful.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

So in retrospect, that CAG Bundle 2 was actually chock full of poo poo that I wanted. Was it time-limited, or simply sold out and awaiting a restock?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Sputnik posted:

So in retrospect, that CAG Bundle 2 was actually chock full of poo poo that I wanted. Was it time-limited, or simply sold out and awaiting a restock?

It is down for the count right now.

Johnny Law posted:

It's a little... disgruntling? ... that the limitation wasn't mentioned anywhere (as far as I know) when advertising the credit as a part of the Bioshock Infinite purchase. But anyway I'm with Swagger Dagger here; I'd like to know if it will be usable on products like the BI season pass or BNW once they have been out for at least 30 days.

Actually, the BI season pass has been on sale for more than 30 days; has anyone successfully used the credit for that? I was going to take a peek but I don't remember exactly whether the ominous "Buy and Download" button gives you a review of your purchase before committing.

Hey sorry, I missed this when responding yesterday.

The limitation was actually mentioned in multiple places when the promotion was running.

For example, on the detail page for every game the copy describing the deal contained a link to all applicable games, the verbiage used was something like "get a $30 credit for these games (and "these games" was linked). Additionally we noted that it would not work on Pre-orders or Bioshock Infinite itself.

The link from "these games" contained all of the 2K titles we carried at the time. At one point, someone on CAG, and then on Reddit asked if it would work on things that were not yet released yet (like Brave New World or the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass) since they weren't listed on the page of things the credit was good for, at which point I let them know that yes, it will, after 30 days.

Also, yes, the BI Season Pass is credit eligible.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
X-Com is currently 10 bucks on Steam - any chance of a price match?

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

AmazonTony posted:

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Indeed it does!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Dorroile posted:

X-Com is currently 10 bucks on Steam - any chance of a price match?

We don't match the flash sale stuff, sorry dude. If you're interested in it at $10 I'd grab it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That's okay, I wasn't really expecting you to, either, but i figured i'd ask before buying it, just in case. :)

FXer
Jul 13, 2004

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood!
Dang think I missed the best Ticket to Ride deals, so is the best bet now to get the Legendary Asia DLC for $3.99 - 15% = $3.39, which gives a free download of full Ticket to Ride, then pick up the other DLC on steam?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5JJ0EM/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wish Amazon had notifications of price drops. F5ing a bundle I'm interested in works, but feels cumbersome.

or if one exists, why am I dumb and can't find it?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Psion posted:

I wish Amazon had notifications of price drops. F5ing a bundle I'm interested in works, but feels cumbersome.

There isn't, I put it on our technical roadmap a while back but I'm not sure how far down the line it is.

Also,

Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that Tribes: Ascend will be $9.99 on Amazon shortly (pricing flowing through now):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DW9L3D4?tag=somethingawfu-20

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Take note that HiRez has said that they won't be putting out any major patches for the next 6 months, at the very least.

Edit: PATCHES.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 13, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Artificer posted:

Take note that HiRez has said that they won't be putting out any major matches for the next 6 months, at the very least.

Oh, lame, thanks for the heads up, I just edited out the post in the Tribes thread.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Artificer posted:

Take note that HiRez has said that they won't be putting out any major matches for the next 6 months, at the very least.

Are they too busy with Smite or something?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Psion posted:

Probably because the one that does exist is pretty poorly named. No idea if it works for digital stuff.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

Oh, lame, thanks for the heads up, I just edited out the post in the Tribes thread.

Sorry! I meant patches. Just in case it wasn't clear.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yep. They burned T:A for Smite, and some players seem to be worried that they'll do the same to Smite for Global Agenda 2.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yup, that's it exactly.

quote:

Responding to a complaint on Reddit about a lack of developer updates on the game, Hi-Rez head honcho Todd Harris said on Reddit and in the Hi-Rez forums that the studio is currently hard at work on its upcoming MOBA, Smite. And even after that, it's unlikely the developer will come back to Tribes: Ascend. Harris elaborated that beyond Smite, the goal is to finish Global Agenda 2, a sequel to Hi-Rez's Unreal Engine 3-powered MMORPG.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Since we have a few posts about MOBAs now I'll ask. Any of you jokers play League of Legends? If so you should add "Banedron" so we can play together.

I might fire up Smite sometime soon, so if you play that let me know what your name is and I'll add you once I start.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

Since we have a few posts about MOBAs now I'll ask. Any of you jokers play League of Legends? If so you should add "Banedron" so we can play together.

I might fire up Smite sometime soon, so if you play that let me know what your name is and I'll add you once I start.

Yeah, I'm in as SpaceChef. I'm level 7 and pretty goddamn terrible, but I play Support, mostly, and I enjoy playing with people better than me so they can teach me poo poo. :shobon:

Edit: VVVV I recently tried out all the roles basically at least once or twice and I'm pretty new at them all so I'm quite bad. Still, support is my favorite, so far.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Artificer posted:

Yeah, I'm in as SpaceChef. I'm level 7 and pretty goddamn terrible, but I play Support, mostly, and I enjoy playing with people better than me so they can teach me poo poo. :shobon:

Cool, I'll add you and hit you up this weekend if you're playing at all. I can duo lane ADC with you or run support while you learn how to play ADC.

• Locked thread