Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I say we work towards eventually getting vassalized by Armenia, with which we become great allies and eventually turn into a peaceful, tolerant, democratic state that becomes a shining beacon of liberty for both the Christian and Muslim world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jimmy4400nav posted:

So wait, we don't tart the game with level 1 forts? No wonder thongs haven't been going so well.
haha what the gently caress

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Doctor Schnabel posted:

haha what the gently caress

:roflolmao: Oh my god, that was a serious spelling fail on my part, sorry.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Go Morroco, annex all of Africa in a great muslim empire!

Also, the Golden Horde is looking pretty tasty right now, to make up for Georgia.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Can't we make this king a general in charge of a 1000 man army unit to speed up his demise?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Saurus posted:

Can't we make this king a general in charge of a 1000 man army unit to speed up his demise?

That seems fairly out of character for Arim.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I'm liking the updates. Keep them coming, Wiz.

By the way, I hope you have some sort of grand plan to save our asses because things aren't looking shiny right now.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

The Saurus posted:

Stop being gamey, man.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wait, did Egypt just Diplo Annex?

...Huh. So it looks like there's going to be a divide between Morocco and Egypt at north Africa. North India looks primed to form the Mughals. Central Asia is well under control.

Things aren't looking too bad for Islam. Well, minus us. We're letting the team down.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wiz, if you are roleplaying the rulers why haven't you added the "ruler personality" modifiers that are in some mods (originally from SRI, I think)? Taking their attitudes only from the attributes gives you a small pallete to work with, and it's not like there has never been an enthusiastic but utterly incompetent war monger.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ZearothK posted:

Wiz, if you are roleplaying the rulers why haven't you added the "ruler personality" modifiers that are in some mods (originally from SRI, I think)? Taking their attitudes only from the attributes gives you a small pallete to work with, and it's not like there has never been an enthusiastic but utterly incompetent war monger.

I don't take it ONLY from attributes, but I might do this.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Where is this "ruler personality" mod?

The Grundtvigian
Mar 16, 2006

bork bork bork!
*cha cha cha*

quote:

Is it just me, or does Burgundy look like a headless plucked turkey? Gobblegobblegobble :v:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

We will get our revenge, and we will tolerate the gently caress out of Armenia.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Look at the Ikko-Ikki go. The CoT in Hizen must be a big advantage for them. I hope they win, but it would probably be better if they took a while to do it. Also, with respect to poor Azerbaijan getting smacked around, the biggest problem isn't our NIs, it's the fact that Orthodox Armenia, Nicaea, and Thessalonika are all best buds, while the Shi'a states bicker.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Aerbaijan may benefit from severing alliances with all nations, living in splendid isolation for a little bit, and hoping that they themselves don't get attacked. May be a little too much like taking action for the current king, though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The problem is that we aren't playing as the right country.

The right country being Qurighar.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

The problem is that we aren't playing as the right country.

The right country being Qurighar.

The Three Wolf Moon Nation.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Which country is that raising its eyebrow at me from Asia?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The problem is that there isn't a problem at all. We're not actually in serious danger of being crushed (until we lose at least one more war), and even if we are, so what. We're following a story, not trying to win a game. And recent events make the story interesting, so they're fine.

Or, if you don't like that, think of it this way: being reduced to a one-province minor will only make our eventual domination of the planet all the sweeter.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Necroskowitz posted:

Uninhabitable wasteland.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Necroskowitz posted:

Qurighar, a Uyghur remnant of Timur's empire that have the best flag in the world.

Quirighar owns.

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Qurighar, a Uyghur remnant of Timur's empire that have the best flag in the world.

Quirighar owns.
I fixed this a little bit:

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Wiz's LPs: come for the story, stay for the flags

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

lonelywurm posted:

Oh god noooo.... :shepface:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I have to say, most of the fun I am getting from this thread is from reading the other goons. I'm often the spaz in real life, so it's just funny from this end. Unless we go for some ridiculous votes (say, ally ourselves with Japan, help modernize them, and then decide to diplomatically drop them in favor of rural and divided China right before a world war), then I see great things for Azerbaijan in the future.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

lonelywurm posted:

Please Wiz, use that.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

EvanSchenck posted:

Look at the Ikko-Ikki go. The CoT in Hizen must be a big advantage for them. I hope they win, but it would probably be better if they took a while to do it. Also, with respect to poor Azerbaijan getting smacked around, the biggest problem isn't our NIs, it's the fact that Orthodox Armenia, Nicaea, and Thessalonika are all best buds, while the Shi'a states bicker.

We shoulda picked Ecumenism.

By the way, Sniper, can we just blanket assume that I'm going to be working down the list of sessions chronologically as long as nobody already claimed the next session in line? I like to do things in order. So claiming Session 2 now, and after I'm done Session 3 if nobody's picked up on that yet, and so on.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The Saurus, you are the absolute worst.

Wiz, the LP is great and your dedication to roleplaying your rulers rather than gaming the system to do a world conquest is part of what makes it great.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Necroskowitz posted:

The uninhabitable Himalayas. I've been calling it "The Saurus Face" after Saurus' old avatar.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, people like Saurus already poo poo up Crete, just let Wiz play the drat game and keep coming up with great stories based on the rulers.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Whizbang posted:

Yeah, people like Saurus already poo poo up Crete, just let Wiz play the drat game and keep coming up with great stories based on the rulers.

Agreed/ And Alas poor Azjerbajan. We don't seem to be having much luck with allies!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Guys I just realized this. Outside of Constantinople not under a domain the orthodox world is reunited by land with Cherson's conquests.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
I blame the major Islamic powers having the diplomatic and strategic sensibilities of a bunch of bickering neckbeards.
But in all seriousness, I think Azerbaijan's choices have had far less diplomatic consequences than those of Syria or Egypt, who seem to insist on fighting unwinnable wars at every opportunity and dragging their allies down with them.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
EU3 is the sort of game that if you are willing to do whatever it takes to win, you will at least be a regional power in 50 years. It is NOT a hard game.
Its much more fun to follow a story, than a blob.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Will Holland be forming the Netherlands any time soon or have you changed up the cores required to include some of Brabant's territory?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I definitely like the more story-centered approach Wiz takes in his LPs, but I'd also like it if we became at least a regional power so Victoria will be more interesting.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Pakled posted:

I definitely like the more story-centered approach Wiz takes in his LPs, but I'd also like it if we became at least a regional power so Victoria will be more interesting.

Victoria 2 is so miserable when you are weak.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Hahaha the Balkans are such as mess. Are there even more warlords in China now?

Major wtf @ Kabul holding Bhutan and Lhasa. Aragonese Spain, huh? Basque supremacy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

theblastizard posted:

Victoria 2 is so miserable when you are weak.
Yes, and that's kind of the story of most of the world in that time period. There's something to be said for being in that camp instead of the ones that can do whatever they want with impunity in Vicky 2. POPs genuinely getting pissed off and having to do something with or about that is actually pretty cool, something bigger countries usually avoid.

• Locked thread