Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It's not permanently stuck on a tree stump. 6/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Would also accept High Centered on a K-Rail.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They should have let the thing fall, it just bounces off water anyways.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'd love to know how the hell this game deals so well with lag. I decided to try American servers (I'm Argentinian) and a 200ms jump barely registers in my experience, in fact I do better in the American servers :v:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Bad ping (over 120) is a huge advantage in infantry modes, lagger hitboxes are all over the place at random and there's no way to distinguish them from the other players due to the prediction smoothing. It's literally like having an invisible shield along with sloppy wall recognition in exchange for mild choppiness that barely interferes with your own aiming

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 20, 2015

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
I don't know how they do it, but this is one of the games where I get amazingly good pings even when playing on US servers (I'm from Europe).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

I don't know how they do it, but this is one of the games where I get amazingly good pings even when playing on US servers (I'm from Europe).

Back when I had ~internet 2~ I got better pings to UK servers than people in the UK. poo poo was great.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

ArchangeI posted:

The funniest poo poo I ever saw was a 24/7 Golmund Railway server that widely advertised not to have weapon rules. After I spent a few minutes on the server with the MAA, it suddenly had a long standing policy of no active radar on MAA.

I drove an MAA exclusively on Firestorm and wound up getting constantly pegged by the commander as a HVT. I suspect the enemy commander was mostly annoyed that I kept blowing up his UAVs. Didn't get very many kills but did destroy 27 vehicles, including a tank.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Are the maps in the community and night packs worth downloading this game again?

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Ehhh so-so. The night map is an IRNV/FLIR fest and the community map is okay, very vietnam-ish but nothing special.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Community map owns

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Outbreak is great if you like maps in the style of BC2. Also it's pretty fun if you like the IFV.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm never getting the F2000 OR the Gol Magnum :shepface:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I have given up on the GOL Magnum because gently caress sitting on the loving tower sniping, but the F2000 shouldn't be too hard, should it?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Getting back into this since I need a fairly mindless shootmans game. Chrome doesn't "do" plugins anymore and Battlelog is unhappy but claims to have a "plugin-free launching" mode. Should I expect it to be completely useless and use Battlelog through Firefox instead, or does it actually work?

e: Hahaha holy poo poo I'm still in [LLJK], gonna piss off so many pubbies in this game

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 21, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

I have given up on the GOL Magnum because gently caress sitting on the loving tower sniping, but the F2000 shouldn't be too hard, should it?

I'm always one assist ribbon away from it.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Getting back into this since I need a fairly mindless shootmans game. Chrome doesn't "do" plugins anymore and Battlelog is unhappy but claims to have a "plugin-free launching" mode. Should I expect it to be completely useless and use Battlelog through Firefox instead, or does it actually work?

e: Hahaha holy poo poo I'm still in [LLJK], gonna piss off so many pubbies in this game

I can use battlelog just fine on chrome.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

ArchangeI posted:

Find a friend and both of you use the XM25 on Locker. You fire 1 shot, while they fire multiple and you'll rack up assist ribbons super easily.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

OGS-Remix posted:

Find a friend and both of you use the XM25 on Locker. You fire 1 shot, while they fire multiple and you'll rack up assist ribbons super easily.

The assist ribbons must be gotten in the same match in which you get 10 kills in the Metro. And it seems those 10 kills have to be in a particular part of the Metro map.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I got the F2000 after about 10 minutes on metro, it's not hard.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Azran posted:

The assist ribbons must be gotten in the same match in which you get 10 kills in the Metro. And it seems those 10 kills have to be in a particular part of the Metro map.

Incindery + aek on metro will fix your problems. Be on ru and have the b flag, throw nade at doorway or stairs when people are peeking or charging. If you are near a clump of your team you will have the assists easy, plus just stay top side of b and aek any push they make assists and kills will flow.

The gol catch me on the CTE and we will find empty server and cheese that bitch.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Wibla posted:

I got the F2000 after about 10 minutes on metro, it's not hard.

The assists are the hard part. Also gently caress when you get into a server and they already pushed past B and into A, good luck getting the 10 kills to count. :negative:

xyigx posted:

Incindery + aek on metro will fix your problems. Be on ru and have the b flag, throw nade at doorway or stairs when people are peeking or charging. If you are near a clump of your team you will have the assists easy, plus just stay top side of b and aek any push they make assists and kills will flow.

The gol catch me on the CTE and we will find empty server and cheese that bitch.

Alright, will try that. Isn't CTE progress separate?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Azran posted:

The assists are the hard part. Also gently caress when you get into a server and they already pushed past B and into A, good luck getting the 10 kills to count. :negative:

Man, I wish I got Metro teams that were good enough to push past B on a regular basis.

Just getting enough guys to not stop at C during the starting push would be a minor miracle.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Getting the GOL isn't too bad, you can actually get the 10 kills on the tower with any weapon except for knives, so it's pretty easy to clear the tower of wookiees 2-3 times and then get the sniper ribbons elsewhere.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I just applied to join LLJK as Concordski.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Azran posted:

Alright, will try that. Isn't CTE progress separate?

Yeah sorry CTS I mean. I am usually on there most days. Sleepy posting Lol.

^^^^^^
LLJK is full and has 56 applications and about 40 outstanding invites. Try and get in on a alternative platoon. 10BX, cump, and a boat load of others. Jump in the mumble and ask if you need to find one. This also helps us not get mass banned from servers.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 22, 2015

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lots of great games lately with a lot of new faces (and lots of old faces coming back, too). Nice rounds tonight everybody.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Can I talk about Origin support for a second?

I wanted to get a round of BF4 in after not playing for a few months. Password doesn't work. Reset emails don't come through.

Search my inbox and apparently they sent me an email saying my email address was changed in October... I didn't do that change.

So I try to raise EA support but their help form is blank when you go to choose what kind of support you want. I finally manage to get into a chat session. The rep beat around the bush a bit, but after an hour of them putting up with my at times inaccurate info (I said my account name had a zero that didn't) they managed to get my account back after I cited some order numbers.

The little bastard was from Russia. My account looks no worse for wear, I'm not banned as far as I can and aside from him tweaking my battlelog a bit it's fine. He didn't leave me any presents in the form of games or unlocks, but I'm glad to have the account back. I can't imagine how this would have gone down with Steam. I noticed they have a two factor authentication now, and I activated that.

I do wonder how he got in though. I didn't get phished as a link to Origin wouldn't really entice me, it took me almost 2 months to notice anything was wrong. I guess the most likely answer is some other website got hacked and he got lucky. It was one of my throwaway passwords that I never got around to changing.

I guess the lesson here is to use a unique password and turn on the 2 factor authentication. Luckily Origin support is pretty good or I would have been out an account.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Same thing happened to a friend of mine, also a russian, and he also got his account back without a lot of trouble. I think there may have been a period where EA's russian support was a little too generous in their interpretation of "lost account". Or a hack, like you said.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
+1 for Russians trying to steal my account. Thanks Putin. :argh:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

My experience playing on european servers makes me wish for a blanket ban on all .RU it's in bf4... So much cheating. Ugh.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
There are videos on youtube of a 12 year old russian kid using my Minecraft account. They steal everything

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A Russian stole my account a few years ago and changed my avatar to a picture of Putin. It was easy enough to get back, just recovered with my email but the Putin avatar is a memory that will never fade

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I do wish you could restrict logins to your home country, with allowances made for people who already know they're traveling. There's really no good reason an account in North America should be logged into from a Russian or Chinese IP.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's super easy to change your IP.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Uhm, sure. I'll try to do better next time, skill meter.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Your SPM was really low.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Goddamnit, only got 4 DMRs and 3 pistols left - every other non-assignment weapon has been unlocked. Pistols aren't an issue, it's the DMRs that are painful as hell. What's the best one? I've got up to SKS.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
There's not really any "best" one. The SKS is good for close range if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
The most important thing about DMRs is to have FLIR unlocked. The combo is amazingly overpowered except in very close combat.

• Locked thread