Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haredog
Jan 19, 2003
UPDATES SOON

we are still waiting for Pitbull to get home so that we can try to make sense of the new information. 32 and I do not want to hijack his thread either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 21, 2001
OK guys, thanks for waiting, it took a while to get in contact with The Pitbull.

While you were waiting, I spent some time conversing talking with someone from Faifield. SOMEONE WHO KNEW KSWIZZLE AND HAS PARTIED WITH HER. It was a shot in the dark whether he would have knowledge of her, so I used an assumed IM name and identity (yes I realize the irony). It paid off.

I asked if he ever knew KSwizzle, I gave him the whole screenname, and he confirmed that he had talked to her. I asked him if her name was Katie. "No...Kate...Kate Stewart."

Sadly my next IM consisted solely of "bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" as I had to lift my jaw from the keyboard.

She was real.

The whole subterfuge with Jake and Franz? Apparently a fantasy completely created by overactive imaginations. But her screenname had Franz's Bday in it! Apparently coincidence. But there's no record of Kate at Fairfield! There are some reasons that may soon become evident why.

This STILL doesn't explain the Betz factor though. He was asked specifically if he knew a Katie Stewart from school. Surely he would've answered if he knew a Kate. How is this explained?

I am currently attempting to get some more details and in a few hours have, at long last, pictures of the real Kate Stewart.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
I called it! Suck on THAT, Internet.

Say, did you find out if it's the hot Kate or some creepball Kate?

Glennard
Nov 12, 2004
Semper Vigilance - Civil Air Patrol
Oh shi...

So you now think the real kate is just sending pictures of some other girl to hide herself? Why didn't you ask this guy if the girl in the pictures is the same as the kate girl?

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
You DID say that Betz was weird though - weird enough to deny the existence of a person he knew might not like him...?

HawkRock
May 16, 2004

So you see, "friends", either I'm through that hole with you, or I'm gonna sing like Johnny Cash!
Awesome thread, been following it since the begining and will not be able to rest untill there is a resolution.

Lucky I don't have much else to do!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I wouldn't call that an atom bomb persay, just more of a tomahawk missile straight to the gonads.

Seriously though, I can't wait to see where this goes. I was certain she was fake in the begining.

Spengo
Jul 17, 2004
Wait... Am I missing something? Didn't the last update already confirm that KSwizzle was infact a real girl named Kate Stewart? What's new here?

chaosdwarf
Mar 12, 2005

Superhero confidence.
Superhero cool.
Guardian Coming Through!!
Good job, you've awakened the internet stalkers in all of us. :hfive:

Ty
Sep 1, 2001
Internet O.G.
Jesus Christ this was a good read.

Kate is going to be creeped out when someone who knows her points her to this thread though, heh.

ReverendSasquatch
Feb 22, 2005

thought I told you to SHUT UP!
But your not answering the big questions, 32. Is she, in fact, Batman? And can I borrow her car?

EDIT:

If he does end up hitting it, we do get pictures, right?

Haredog
Jan 19, 2003

Spengo posted:

Wait... Am I missing something? Didn't the last update already confirm that KSwizzle was infact a real girl named Kate Stewart? What's new here?

Just wait! The Pitbull will be home in 45 minutes. (7:20EST or so)

Schadenfreude1
Dec 28, 2004

TY2K posted:

Jesus Christ this was a good read.

Kate is going to be creeped out when someone who knows her points her to this thread though, heh.

And you loving devients have her myspace address. Chaos will ensue.

MrCynical
Aug 8, 2005

HA! HA!
Once you acquire pictures, you must embarrass her as much as possible with the newfound knowledge of her true identity.

Then post chat logs.

Then direct her to this thread.

Then direct her to my avatar.

MrCynical fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 26, 2005

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

Haredog posted:

Just wait! The Pitbull will be home in 45 minutes. (7:20EST or so)

YOU BASTARD! I have class at 7:35 and now I'm going to have to wait until like 10:30 when I get back to read the conclusion!

Haredog
Jan 19, 2003

TheSleeper posted:

YOU BASTARD! I have class at 7:35 and now I'm going to have to wait until like 10:30 when I get back to read the conclusion!

Perhaps you deserve a night off from class?

Jul 21, 2001
To answer your questions:

Weakness: Yeah, well I kinda called this too. I put it at 5-1 odds that it was a random girl, which was right behind the Jake/Franz scenario.

Glennard: I didn't want to scare him too much, so I just asked a few questions. I am hoping to speak with him later and acquire the photos of her.

Cunning Plan: Fitting name for this thread. I don't think Betz is that weird, nor has any motive to lie.

Fremry: It was a bit of a bomb, and there's more to come, we're just waiting for The Pitbull and we're gonna totally reorganize everything, compile all the latest info and wait for KSwizzle to come online tonight...

Spengo: All we knew for sure previously was that her name was Kate or Katie. Now we KNOW it's Kate Stewart AND linked her to the screenname and that she is currently a student.

ReverendSasquatch: She is indeed Batman, but she says you can't have the car, you alcoholic.

ReverendSasquatch
Feb 22, 2005

^^^Crap! How does she know?!^^^

Haredog posted:

Perhaps you deserve a night off from class?

Just bring your prof a note from the internets.

ReverendSasquatch fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 26, 2005

theflosquito
Feb 20, 2005
In rod we trust!

TheSleeper posted:

Take a laptop to class.

Or just skip. gently caress learning.

Haredog
Jan 19, 2003
Through the best and the worst
The struggle and sacrifice.
For the true who've remained and the new blood.
Motivation, undying allegiance
Striving through the hardships and affliction.
Every drop of blood
Every bitter tear
Every bead of sweat
We live for this
Solving The Internet Mystery.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ReverendSasquatch posted:

Just bring your prof a note from the internets.

Dear Professor Johnson,

The Sleeper can not attend class today. His resources are needed in cracking a case of Internet Tomfoolery. This falls under Page 12, paragraph 6, line 3 of the student handbook outlining reasonable excuses from class. We hope you take this matter seriously, and any negative penalty resulting from this is a clear breech of University Policy. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Internet Royalty

jonny!
Feb 29, 2004
I AM ONE BAD MOTHER
It will be so fun and awkward talking to her after you reveal you know the truth:)

ReverendSasquatch
Feb 22, 2005

Fremry posted:

Dear Professor Johnson,

The Sleeper can not attend class today. His resources are needed in cracking a case of Internet Tomfoolery. This falls under Page 12, paragraph 6, line 3 of the student handbook outlining reasonable excuses from class. We hope you take this matter seriously, and any negative penalty resulting from this is a clear breech of University Policy. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Al Gore [007*1337*CH405*69] , King of the Internet.

Fixed.

Now it's from the internet

EDIT:

I would also like to add that I went to elementary school with a Katie Stuart, who would be the right age. She's clearly not who you're looking for but she did play Shadowcat in X2. I hope this helps. :patriot:

ReverendSasquatch fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 27, 2005

FlossDiligently
Aug 11, 2005

by Ozma
Well, it took 3 days, the detective skills of dozens of goons and countless man hours of reverse internet stalking, but all of the hard work has payed off. We now know that the culprit, "Katie Stewart", is in fact... KATE STEWART!

Well done lads. :hfive:

DarthWeez
Oct 15, 2004
[color=red][b][size=6]ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A STUPID POOPIEHEAD TROLL![/size][/b][/color]

32 posted:

OK guys, thanks for waiting, it took a while to get in contact with The Pitbull.

While you were waiting, I spent some time conversing talking with someone from Faifield. SOMEONE WHO KNEW KSWIZZLE AND HAS PARTIED WITH HER. It was a shot in the dark whether he would have knowledge of her, so I used an assumed IM name and identity (yes I realize the irony). It paid off.

I asked if he ever knew KSwizzle, I gave him the whole screenname, and he confirmed that he had talked to her. I asked him if her name was Katie. "No...Kate...Kate Stewart."

Morris: Yeah, but Flack had ingenuity and the contacts, Kim. That's better than bullets sometimes.

See? I just had to reiterate the Morris was a goddamned visionary.

Edit: This thread totally took a turn for the WTF after that revelation.

Jul 21, 2001

FlossDiligently posted:

Well, it took 3 days, the detective skills of dozens of goons and countless man hours of reverse internet stalking, but all of the hard work has payed off. We now know that the culprit, "Katie Stewart", is in fact... KATE STEWART!

Well done lads. :hfive:

Jesus Christ, dude. Way to minimalize everything we just went through.

I also found out her hair is black.

ReverendSasquatch
Feb 22, 2005

32 posted:

I also found out her hair is black.

WTF

Oh man, I smell an emo hambeast!

:emo: :btroll:

VVV It was for all those illiterate goons out there. VVV

ReverendSasquatch fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 27, 2005

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That was the most useful edit I've ever seen :)

^^^ I wasn't being sarcastic

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 27, 2005

Haredog
Jan 19, 2003
OK Pitbull is back in town and the update is being pieced together right now.

MrBisco
Sep 28, 2001

I GUESS I'M STILL A BIT TOO JEW-DEFENSIVE
Man, I still demand pictures of the real Kate Stewart.

Haredog
Jan 19, 2003
Thank you all for your patience!

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
:gonk: Suspense is killing me.

HawkRock
May 16, 2004

So you see, "friends", either I'm through that hole with you, or I'm gonna sing like Johnny Cash!
Its 1.40 am here in the UK and I have to go to bed.

But need update or will be unable to sleep!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
poo poo, piece it together!!!!

The Pitbull
Jan 17, 2003
it's just like a mini mall
WILL THE REAL KATE STEWART PLEASE STAND UP

Over the course of the last 10 hours, what were once seemingly solid theories have crumbled into the stuff of laughable paranoid delusions. EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE RE-EVALUATED.

Thanks to the diligent work and sharp thinking of 32, Haredog and Badtitties, this case has blown open like a New Orleans levee, and the floodwaters of truth are surging toward us. However, we must grasp on to any floating debris of evidence that has risen to the surface and use it to paddle our way to the rooftop of closure.

Let's reveal some more things that 32 learned today from our contact: KSwizzle is a confirmed '07 student. But what's interesting is the contact believes that she is actually ABROAD this semester. This is a popular trend at Fairfield, junior year a lot of students go to Florence or London or Australia for the semester. If she were gone, that would perfectly explain why she is NOT on the TH22 list of names and the response the person at TH22 gave ("she doesn't actually live here"). It would also reveal why she signs on at random times. However, it would not explain why her IMs originated from campus.

Reviewing the dialogue that has been going on in this thread in my absence, it's clear everyone is hungry for answers and so am I. But first, lets run down what's been established today in a concise manner.

WHAT WE KNOW NOW

-Kate Stewart is real, and attends FU
-FU students have been identified that know of her existence
-Contact has been made with an individual who knows her well.
-KSwizzle is not a gimmick screenname
-Jake and Franz are the victims of my overactive imagination, almost certainly
-The pictures of the blonde are definitely NOT Kate Stewart

We are miles ahead of where we were at this time yesterday....but still, there are several significant questions that need answers...

WHY...
-Didn't KSwizzle use her real pictures?
-Didn't Betz recognize her name
and
-has she been deceptive about seemingly non consequential details such as her living arrangements on campus?

In addition, now that it has been established that this girl is in fact real... Has this all been a ploy, or is she genuine?

If she is genuine what is the status of her mental health?

HERES WHAT WE NEED NOW

First, I'm sure all of you are waiting for the REAL pics. Our source for this said he would be online at some point this evening. We must wait.

And finally, we must wait for KSwizzle to log on. The game has changed drastically since my last contact with her... It's time to think of how this all should be brought to a conclusion, and inform her that we finally know, the truth.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Oh, for gently caress's sake. Way to pull a Halo. No sleep for any of us tonight, it seems. This keeps getting better and better.

And I'll have your head on a stick if your next post involves maximals.

VVVVVVV

Ring ring ring, Bananaphone! :dance:

Tanith fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 27, 2005

jonny!
Feb 29, 2004
I AM ONE BAD MOTHER
Send her a bananogram stating that you know the truth!

Jul 21, 2001
We're trying, guys.

If you want to start speculating on ways to trap her into admitting this lie, that would help. And of course, plot any hilarious revenge.

boggy b
Aug 29, 2004

The Pitbull posted:

Thanks to the diligent work and sharp thinking of 32, Haredog and Badtitties, this case has blown open like a New Orleans levee, and the floodwaters of truth are surging toward us. However, we must grasp on to any floating debris of evidence that has risen to the surface and use it to paddle our way to the rooftop of closure.

Initially I thought this metaphor was going to be played out and lame, but you kept it a good length and didn't overdo it. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Presidente
Mar 11, 2004

The Pitbull posted:

DRAMA BOMB!!!!

But the Fairfield U IP wouldn't make sense. As far as I know, FU doesn't have a proxy for its abroad/offcampus students to access local services, but instead offers offcampus logon capabilities for most of its databases.

Does FU offer any abroad programs itself, or does it use other programs from other schools? If she's on a FU abroad program, then she might be connected directly to the FU network and her use of AIM Express would make sense. If not, she'd probably be connecting through some other ISP. You might want to run a traceroute on the IP to see what routers it passes through (often with various names that can help identify locations).