Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Pitbull
Jan 17, 2003
it's just like a mini mall

Archer posted:

Is there any particular reason to trust what Sea Ranch Guy says? He could easily be another pawn of Iain or whoever is masterminding this conspiracy.

Though Ian may have a hand in this, through one of his underclassmen followers, I am hesitant to belive there's a link between Sea Ranch boy and Iain...they aren'y even linked on the facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

So when are we going to get solid evidence and not a mountain full of hearsay? This thread keeps chalking out more absurd, irrational twists than Metal Gear Solid on crack.

Rage Nage
Dec 16, 2004
It's Hellacious Z time!!
If you know that whoever is talking to you online is definitely lying and not Kate Stewart, then who is still a suspect for hijacking the account?
Are Franz and Jake definitely out the picture?
Is Iain still prime suspect?
What about the people from 22?
Is Kate Stewart out the country from what you can gather? So many questions dammit!

I think your thread broke my brain.

Jul 21, 2001
I know he's not a pawn of Iain, but I can't get his angle.

Also, I am talking to a girl on IM right now who is in one of the classes Kwsizzle said she's in...I'll update on that as soon as I find something out...

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

So we have multiple people who say that that is not KSwizzle, but this one guy who says it is. This guys background seems credible, but is he legit? The Iain factor may play in, but that would mean he would've gotten to the sea ranch guy, someone who is hip and cool, the opposite of Iain. The best bet is to explore the Iain factor and see if that leads to a dead end. Ultimately nothing will matter until we get another encounter with KSwizzle for another IP trap and one for Iain and get her email. It should be easy enough since Pitbull said he logged his chats, so he can just say the one provided didn't work. Also, is there some sort of convention for the FU emails to figure out what it could be and then cross reference that in the facebook?

pookie
Jul 30, 2004

I like fruits

Project1 posted:

Mind if I watch?

Your avatar + text make this a winning combination.

Ok no more derailing.

Kovner
Mar 22, 2003

He LITERALLY grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with this God-like defense-burning capability.

Rage Nage posted:

I'm confused..

Is this guy you're talking to confirming that the girl in the picture is Kate Stewart or KSwizzle? And how does he know her?

Exactly, what I was thinking: its not really clear by your posts that he has confirmed he's met - in person - Kate Stewart and that is what she looks like.
Perhaps this Iain fellow, has created Kate Stewart a while ago, so you're not the only person to know her.

Maybe, you're the first person to not be fooled! Every other guy thats been contacted by KSwizzle has fallen into some kind of trap when they go to meet her. Then, Iain or whoever the trickster is, uses whatever the finale of the trick is to blackmail (embarasment, maybe) to not say anything.
At first it seems like if all this is true of Iain that he must have spent countless hours of his free time becoming a master of internet trickery. But, in college, people have a lot of free time. Some people spend their free time studying more to get 4.0s in engineering, some people join random clubs, some people become experts of Smash Bros. Melee, most people drink a lot, but Iain spends all of that free time as a powerful, diabolical, expert of internet subterfuge, disguise, and embarasment.

Wow, that was a fun post to write.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Maybe there are TWO Kate Stewart's? It may be odd, but it sounds like a pretty common name. This may be the reason people's accounts of her vary so much.

Or maybe, Iain didn't think this as through as you think. Perhaps he just found some girl's name from FU, pretended to be her and then sent the photo of some other girl to The Pitbull, and once that he got word of him snooping around, he's trying to cover his rear end as much as he can.

Or maybe this could be unrelated to Iain? She could be taking to you as part of some social experiment poo poo or something, or she may be doing her own investigation about the guys at the Sea Ranch, and doesn't know if you could tip them off to her snooping around.

Can't some goons go to FU and see what they can find? Or go to the Sea Ranch and ask if the girl in the pictures is really Kate?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Archer posted:

Is there any particular reason to trust what Sea Ranch Guy says? He could easily be another pawn of Iain or whoever is masterminding this conspiracy.

Sea Ranch is more socially elite than Iain. They'd have no reason to play along with him, unless they hated OP by themselves.

I think all we're left with is (A) she's a psycho that you should go SLIP THE D, or (B) she's the one who's in on it with Iain. What other choices are there? She exists, that's her SN, and she IS the pretty blonde she says she is.

Ninja edit: or (C) Account Hijacking. Kind of hard to do, though, to someone you don't know and talk to. And why would this apparent socialite (to some degree) associate with a social anchor like Iain?

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 28, 2005

NurseDeath
May 23, 2004

Infirmière Morte

32 posted:

Both. And he's a guy that she mentioned several times before in her IMs, who lived at the Sea Ranch last year (where Franz lives now).

Well for some reason it seems like you think this guy may be lying to you guys. Personally, you should have played it like you didn't really know, and sent him a pic with alot of girls in it, but none that were her, and then sent him one with Kate and a bunch of girls and ask him to point her out....But since you didn't do that and you aren't conversing with him anymore, I'm not sure if we will ever know if that last 'yeah' was just a brush off or not....

I dunno, I wish we could all figure this out!

albedoa
May 3, 2004

32 posted:

Also, I am talking to a girl on IM right now who is in one of the classes Kwsizzle said she's in...I'll update on that as soon as I find something out...

Send her the picture too.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Archer posted:

This could be it as well.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Next time she's on, send her a picture of Iain and say that he's fat

The 2nd Doom
Jul 28, 2005

I hate this city.
^^^^

Do this!

it will bring his anger.

O RLY
Jul 21, 2005

by Livestock

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

What's that going to do? Do you really think 'she' will break character and say, 'HAY gently caress YOU I HAVE A SLOW METABOLISM!!! oops, I mean, yah that guy is oober fat lol'?

:rolleyes:

O RLY fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 28, 2005

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

EDIT: ^ beaten

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

You can't fish too blatantly. If the fish sees the hook, it won't take the bait. Plus, worms get your hands dirty, and minnows are all slippery.

I'd suggest bringing him up (if at all) in remembering college. Talk about him POSITIVELY, and say you think he hated you, even though you told your female friend that he was a good guy, etc. Odds on, if it's Iain, or related to him, that will throw a wrench in their prank: it changes their understanding of OP

EDIT 2: v Or maybe not.

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 28, 2005

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
^^^^ Something drastic needs to be done to blow this sucker open, CALL THE FAT MAN OUT, his resulting anger man cause him to slip up, and thus lay the foundation for his downfall!

hollykat
Mar 22, 2003

beep boop meow

Moruitelda posted:

No woman says the word uber (even misspelled) unless she plays Magic: The Gathering, is a wiccan, or is mocking men.

I vote internet male: Iaiainn

I use it and I'm none of those things.

This thread has gotten even more confusing. I hope the girl in her class can identify her.

the_josh
Jun 4, 2003

I'm now beginning to think we're all just really paranoid and overthinking all of this.

I get drunk and put my arm around all kinds of people all the time. I don't remember 50%, I don't remember 25%, I don't remember 5% of them. It sounds to me now that it is just as likely, if not more likely, that you just have yourself a cute blonde admirer. Maybe she really isnt computer smart. These infinitely complex conspiracy theories seem to be too far fetched.

Tell her you're thinking about going back to campus, get her to call you. If she balks at that just be like, "What's up? I mentioned to Betz that I've been talking to you and he has no idea who you are."

EDIT: 2 words. WEB CAM.

the_josh fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 28, 2005

albedoa
May 3, 2004

the_josh posted:

just be like, "What's up? I mentioned to Betz that I've been talking to you and he has no idea who you are."

Am I the only one who thinks this should have been done days ago? What's wrong with honesty, especially if it could clear up a lot?

O RLY
Jul 21, 2005

by Livestock

The Pitbull posted:

I hate to do this to you guys' nerves but...

:siren:
Hold on to your hats...

I've been holding on to my hat for an hour.

I hereby ban you from using that police siren icon.

O RLY fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 28, 2005

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

EDIT: ^ I think he was prefacing 32's post.

the_josh posted:

Tell her you're thinking about going back to campus, get her to call you. If she balks at that just be like, "What's up? I mentioned to Betz that I've been talking to you and he has no idea who you are."

EDIT: 2 words. WEB CAM.

Quoted for truth.

The Pitbull
Jan 17, 2003

O RLY posted:

I've been holding onto my hat for an hour.

I hereby ban you from using that police siren icon.

Sorry for the miscommunication dude, 32's update was the latest news. He informed me of it pre post.

Jul 21, 2001
In response to above: She hasn't signed on in two days, so we haven't been able to say ANYTHING. Two days ago this thread was going in a whole different direction.

Also, I told him not to police siren my post, but we figured if anyone was on the fence of waiting another 10 minutes or going to bed, we could give them the new info before they went off.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I am waiting for 32 to get back with any info from the girl in the swzzles 8am, even if it is that he has nothing. The whole AIM Express thing is pretty funny though. The OP said swiss cheese was on a times that followed a pattern for a college student, so why use AIM express? Wouldn't she have downloaded AIM by now? This can all be up for conter argument with the whole direcconnect issue, but still...AIM Express...

Could we get someone on the FU campus to go around to different area with a laptop and do some IP logging and see if there are ant patterns or irregularities?

the_josh
Jun 4, 2003

endozoan posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this should have been done days ago? What's wrong with honesty, especially if it could clear up a lot?

I sort of thought that days ago too, but I figured I was just missing something. Now I sort of just think it's kind of like one of those situations when you're a kid and you think it would be fun to tempt danger and sneak out of your room at 3am and skulk around the house silently so your parents would never know ... But really there was never any danger in it at all and you could have gone walking around like normal with all the lights on and they still probably wouldnt have been shaken from their sleep.

It's time pull a Hunt for Red October moment and turn your submarine head-on into the torpedo.

hollykat
Mar 22, 2003

beep boop meow

the_josh posted:

I sort of thought that days ago too, but I figured I was just missing something. Now I sort of just think it's kind of like one of those situations when you're a kid and you think it would be fun to tempt danger and sneak out of your room at 3am and skulk around the house silently so your parents would never know ... But really there was never any danger in it at all and you could have gone walking around like normal with all the lights on and they still probably wouldnt have been shaken from their sleep.

It's time pull a Hunt for Red October moment and turn your submarine head-on into the torpedo.

They've said several times that she hasn't been on in the past two days, so he hasn't had the chance to torpedo anyone.

the_josh
Jun 4, 2003

^^ Yeah. I know. I'm just another impatient goon pressing F5 and waiting for my watched pot to boil.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

^ Pretty much just hitting F5 between every poker hand. :/

the_josh posted:

^^ Yeah. I know. I'm just another impatient goon pressing F5 and waiting for my watched pot to boil.

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004
There were two posts in this thread where somebody who just registered, with no postcount made a non-sequitor comment. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. is Kswizzle already aware of the thread? GBS is public.

The way this thread is going, by the end somebody will track down the real Kate Stewart and be awarded a free Xbox 360 for winning Microsoft's latest viral game.

The Pitbull
Jan 17, 2003
Heres how it stands. 32 is currently in contact with the girl in KSwizzle's Wednesday night class. However, there are currently problems with the FU email server tonight, so she is unable to obtain a class list at the moment, so we must wait. I suggest everyone rest up because tomorrow could be the end. We may be coming to a very hammy conclusion...

Deadweight
Feb 8, 2005

"I might even be able to crash the whole damn system."

quote:

There were two posts in this thread where somebody who just registered, with no postcount made a non-sequitor comment. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. is Kswizzle already aware of the thread? GBS is public.

Indeed, this is true. Stranger poo poo has happened.

Kovner
Mar 22, 2003

He LITERALLY grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with this God-like defense-burning capability.

Gunblade posted:

The way this thread is going, by the end somebody will track down the real Kate Stewart and be awarded a free Xbox 360 for winning Microsoft's latest viral game.

Which posts?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

The Pitbull posted:

Heres how it stands. 32 is currently in contact with the girl in KSwizzle's Wednesday night class. However, there are currently problems with the FU email server tonight, so she is unable to obtain a class list at the moment, so we must wait. I suggest everyone rest up because tomorrow could be the end. We may be coming to a very hammy conclusion...

Hope you know you're compromising my security: keeping my web browser (Firefox) open so that I don't have to go through hoops to keep updated. My stored passwords for everything are accessed.

Someone could steal my bank account info, for this thread.

Make it good.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

The Pitbull posted:

very :btroll: conclusion...

Motts the Fat
Apr 27, 2005

I HELPED SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF THE INTERNET WHORE
You know, I was about to go to bed, and then I started reading this thread. The whole time I've been saying to myself "That looks like... no way, couldn't be her". But don't you think the fake photos look like this chick?

This is a pic of Kristin S., a girl I went to highschool with. She should be '05, and apparently went to St. Josephs PA. I got this info off facebook, but I'm at a different school so I can't see anything detailed. Maybe this would help?

EDIT: removed lastname for possible internet crazies. 32's got her name.

Motts the Fat fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 28, 2005

jhibydr
Apr 18, 2002
Oh, why is this post gold? gently caress you SA for making this post gold. I read this whole loving thing, and if it doesn't end well I'm going to kill you all.

Jul 21, 2001
Holy gently caress that's her. And with other evidence we have right now...I think this case is closed...holy poo poo....let us look over something real quick...

edit: may be hyperbole, let us slow down and look at some facts. must research.

32 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 28, 2005

The Pitbull
Jan 17, 2003
Oh come on now! What is this payback for all the missed classes and days of work this thread has caused! For the sirens and atomic bomb pictures! 8:30 am eye appointment should be fun tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattori Hanzo
Mar 5, 2005

Motts the Fat posted:

You know, I was about to go to bed, and then I started reading this thread. The whole time I've been saying to myself "That looks like... no way, couldn't be her". But don't you think the fake photos look like this chick?

This is a pic of a girl I went to highschool with. She should be '05, and apparently went to St. Josephs PA. I got this info off facebook, but I'm at a different school so I can't see anything detailed. Maybe this would help?

Holy loving poo poo.

:siren:

Please post more pics, or whomever has a facebook account, please check this out.

BTW, Motts, You do realize you're now part of this whole thing, right? You very well could have gone to school with the person who is pranking our dear pitbull, or the girl who is wearing Kate Stewart's skin.

Hattori Hanzo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 28, 2005