Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

So ebaum messaged me a few minutes ago and he's telling me to take down http://ebaumsworldsucks.com, now I'm not really having a problem with removing the actual site and just forwarding to newgrounds but he told me to forward it to his site. That he would own it in 72 hours so it didn't even matter.

So what should I do, and I don't want you people to just give me a bunch of bullshit and just make a big flame thread. I want to hear actual ideas and if you don't have anything new to say don't bother telling me.

thanks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eclat
Dec 4, 2001

How would he own it in 72 hours?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Give me a minute, I have to stop laughing.

kalocin
Dec 2, 2003

Things are about to get grotesk.

legalcondom posted:

So ebaum messaged me a few minutes ago and he's telling me to take down http://ebaumsworldsucks.com now I'm not really having a problem with removing the actual site and just forwarding to newgrounds but he told me to forward it to his site. That he would own it in 72 hours so it didn't even matter.

What power does he have to tell you to forward it to his site? It's your domain. Forward it to Newgrounds and give him the finger.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
Tell him to go gently caress himself with a rusty spanner.

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
Forget about his threats. He can try to strongarm you all he wants, but gently caress him.

Oh Dear God No
Mar 22, 2005
I don't understand. Why don't you keep the site up and tell him to gently caress himself?

uhmazing
May 22, 2004

i want to be your space invader
I would say "no"

Transgendered Squirrel
Aug 14, 2004

by Peatpot
Dont take it down, tell him to gently caress himself in the rear end?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Well, does he have any legal footing to stand on when he says he is going to get the domain in 72 hours? I can't believe what a pissy bitch those guys have been lately.

Mister Squishy
Nov 15, 2000
Edit: Okay.

Mister Squishy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 13, 2006

gumpyland
Mar 7, 2005
Tsunami? More like FREE bath!
I would say find a ton of large items and pictures from his site put them on ebaumsworldsucks.com

Suck his bandwidth.

Or you could just do what he asks, but that wouldn't be fun at all.

Daigoro
Aug 4, 2000

by Fistgrrl
We need more details

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
You're the legal condom! If your mastery of the law can't determine a solution, who can?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
I suggest you contact your attorney and see what the hell is going on.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

eclat posted:

How would he own it in 72 hours?

Yeah, does the lease run out on the domain or something? I mean that just doesn't seem very credible otherwise. Personally I say keep the domain exactly how it is, gently caress Bauman.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Tell him to go shove it up his little girly vagina, that's right i am calling him a girl. :c00l:

Irish Revenge
May 22, 2004

I AM A GIANT FAGGOT THAT LIKES TO PRETEND I AM AN ADMIN. I LITERALLY SUCK COCK! GLUCK GLUCK I AM SUCKING COCK NOW BECAUSE I AM SUCH A FAGGOT!!!! IF I AM POSTING PLEASE TELL ME TO SUCK SO MUCH COCK I DIE BECAUSE I AM WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he's going to own it in 72 hours does it matter what you do? Just ignore it.

Courts have already rules that "domainnamesucks.com" are legal. Go to bestbuysucks.com or paypalsucks.com I think they have all of the legalese stuff on their sites when the original companies tried to sue them.

What are you planning to do with the site anyway?
Edit: Maybe it's because you have this notice on the site: "If you are the original creator of website mocked in this animation and want it removed, please contact my rear end."

He's the original creator of ebaumsworld so now he's contacting your rear end.

Irish Revenge fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 13, 2006

putnam
Jan 26, 2005

by Ozma
He has no grounds at all, or else all the other "sucks" sites would be gone. Why would you even forward it to Newgrounds? Leave it the way it is and tell him to gently caress off.

TheAmazingGoat posted:

A cautionary flash by AltF4 and Trapezoid, not LegalCondom.
He owns the domain

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Oh Dear God No posted:

I don't understand. Why don't you keep the site up and tell him to gently caress himself?

I don't feel like being an rear end in a top hat, and telling him to gently caress himself only makes the outcome worse.

Justin
Jan 17, 2002

This campaign is SERIOUS BUSINESS
ignore it. He can't do poo poo.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This sucks...but how exactly is he just going to "own" it in 72 hours?

Faid
Sep 18, 2003

by elpintogrande
Can you give us more information? Emails?

Deluxomatic
Jun 2, 2004

Serving the servants.
Just explain to him that it's a parody site. Parody is protected by freedom of speech.

Sell it to me for $1 and I will handle it.

inq
Jan 1, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Give us his email and we can call him newbie and stuff

e: nevermind, i meant to write something else, but im tired

Transgendered Squirrel
Aug 14, 2004

by Peatpot
Also he wouldnt even email you if he was going to own it in 72 hours.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let him send his lawyers after you. I don't think he can claim squatting or anything on that one. Isn't it protected as parody?

putnam
Jan 26, 2005

by Ozma

legalcondom posted:

I don't feel like being an rear end in a top hat
So you're just going to give in because he asked you to?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

TheAmazingGoat posted:

A cautionary flash by AltF4 and Trapezoid, not LegalCondom.

already spoke with trapezoid about what's going on before I posted this thread, ALTf4 isn't online right now... I just host it, what is your point?

dreamgirl
Sep 24, 2004

Who's afraid of the big bad
I don't think we have enough information to help you with this. Why will he own it? What is the 'worst outcome' you're talking about? Why can't you just keep it up?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
You...You're not one of these CYBER TERRORISTS are you? You'd better hand it over like a good American! :patriot:

Alternatively, read out his email in a mocking voice and put it on YTMND.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

legalcondom posted:

I don't feel like being an rear end in a top hat, and telling him to gently caress himself only makes the outcome worse.

Listen, if it's your morals that are hurting here, sell one of us the domain and we'll tell him to go gently caress himself for you. Seriously, he's a douche bag, that's why there's a site with a song and dance describing this. That you paid for.

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

legalcondom posted:

already spoke with trapezoid about what's going on before I posted this thread, ALTf4 isn't online right now... I just host it, what is your point?

Keep the thing up. He's blowing smoke out of his rear end.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

legalcondom posted:

Just politely tell him no. I'd go ahead and offer him the rights to host your flash too, just to be nice.

edit: oh right, not your flash. forgot.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Parody is definitely fair use, he has no legal standing. He's just trying to bully people around.

Lord Nelson
Jan 11, 2006

legalcondom posted:

Dude, if you've gone far enough to make a website called ebaumsworldsucks.com you might as well go all the way and keep it up. Tell him to leave you the hell alone.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Be an rear end in a top hat. Please.

Also, ask Lowtax to bang Eric's mom. Megan will understand.

OldCharlie
Jan 1, 2001

legalcondom posted:

How is that going to make things worse?

Seriously, if you don't want to be a rear end in a top hat, let someone else do it.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Please don't take it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah
I'd probably just ignore him. He's obviously making his claim up, hoping that by bullying you he can get his way.