Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hardcore Sax
Oct 11, 2004

i am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet i do not accept finity
http://jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/blog/2006/08/dating_tip_qual.html

quote:

Dating tip: Quality dates quality

Over the past month (since I left Terrence) I’ve received several offers of dates and relationships from various men who read this blog. I’m not looking for a new boyfriend right now but it seems I should clarify what it is I look for in a man when I am, which will hopefully stem the flow of offers from guys who really don’t have it.

I am a very high-quality woman. I know that sounds arrogant, but let’s consider the facts:

I’m slim (whereas 62% of American women age 20 to 74 are overweight)

I’m attractive (my new picture has been rated more attractive than 86% of the women on Hot or Not -- and the women who upload their pictures are a self-selected sample that is probably already biased towards being more attractive than the general female population)

I’m relatively young (whereas 82% of American adult women are over 30 years old)

I’m intelligent (IQ tested at 145 when I was a child, which is 3 standard deviations above the mean -- higher than 99.85% of the population. Even if I’ve gotten dumber as I’ve aged I’m probably still at least a 130, which is higher than 97.5% of the population.)

I’m educated (whereas 77% of American women do not have bachelor’s degrees)
I have my financial poo poo together (no debt, perfect credit history, 6+ months living expenses saved, adequate insurance, self employed)
I have a strong libido and love having sex (my lover *never* has to beg, unless it’s for me to let him get some sleep!)

Most of my interests tend to be more popular with men than women: science fiction, libertarianism, blogging, politics, economics, guns, gambling, etc.

Given that self-improvement is an ongoing project of mine this list will continue to grow (I’m currently working on adding bilingual, very physically fit, well-traveled, higher income, and fantastic cook to the list). So even when “relatively young” (an important criteria for most men) drops off that list, I should have added enough other things that my overall dating market value should remain the same or even improve.

The above list explains why I typically receive 50-100 (sometimes more) responses whenever I post personal ads. This is in addition to getting hit on almost every time I go out alone (and all that those men know about me is that they like the way I look, they don’t even know about all the other qualities I have that make me more appealing than most other women).

So, I have a *lot* of choices of men who want to date me. Given that, of course I choose to date only the highest quality men -- men who are also fit, attractive, intelligent, educated, financially successful, etc. I’m attracted to men from any race and a wide age range (21 to 50 or so) so the pool of men who meet those requirements is quite large, which allows me to add all sorts of additional restrictions if I want -- must be atheist, must be libertarian, must not want (more) children, must be financially independent or self-employed and available for frequent world travel, etc.

Some people scoffed at the long list of requirements in my personal ad last year. Yet in less than two weeks I found five men who met my listed requirements and wanted a relationship with me. If I were to put more time and effort into looking I could probably find hundreds of high-quality men who both met my standards and were interested in dating me too. I can be picky.

So, although I am not looking for a new boyfriend right now -- I am waiting until October, after I’ve decided where I want to live -- those are the factors that I (and many other women) keep in mind when assessing potential romantic relationships. Just having some interests in common is *far* from enough.

I realize that some of you will find this post depressing because you’ll realize that you don’t qualify as a high quality man and thus won’t be able to get a high quality woman. You have a few options:

Lower your standards and stop pursuing women who are out of your league. There are lots of fat single mothers out there who can’t find dates either.

Look in the developing world. If you’re literate with a home computer and an internet connection you are very wealthy compared to the rest of the world. Citizenship or legal permanent residency in a rich country makes you more attractive to women in poorer countries. Your value on the dating market is thus much higher there.

Self-improvement! I used to be a fat unattractive college dropout who couldn’t get her life together. Now I’m thin, attractive, and successfully self-employed after graduating. You can make yourself over into a higher-quality man capable of winning a higher-quality woman too.

Thanks to everyone who e-mailed or commented their offers, it's nice to feel wanted. Although I'm not looking for a new relationship right now (don't worry, I'll blog about it when I am), hopefully this post gave those of you who are interested a better idea of your chances in the future.

Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey

A high quality woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesface
Mar 21, 2001

Sister Shagger
I don't think she's that attractive, but I'm going to crack one off over her picture because I'm certain that would annoy her.

halt i am reptar!!
Jul 28, 2005

~i'm just a dinosaur~
I don't like her.

Malaveldt
Jul 26, 2001
Someone who was really of quality would know better than to say this, even if they believed it.

cmdrthac0
Apr 23, 2005
She's cute, I guess. Why does she need to list her virtues? Shouldn't she be out there snapping her fingers and picking through the throng of men who obviously recognize her very high quality?

Dogfood
Feb 15, 2004

Part of every balanced meal.
She's not available till October though and she didn't even give a shipping date.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

quote:

I’m relatively young (whereas 82% of American adult women are over 30 years old)

82% of women over 18 are over 30?
Well whoda loving thunk it?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
It is kinda like saying "C'mon, you can trust me!" ie: to the smart person, it is a warning.

kltpzyxm*
Aug 25, 2000

by Ozma
She's quite average looking for someone of such high quality.

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?
She has a freaky high forehead. AND she's a bitch. This is why she can't find a boyfriend.

Also, she may be "book smart" but when it comes to interpersonal skills, the Down Syndrome guys who bag groceries at my Shaw's are miles ahead of her.

Bullet Ant
May 28, 2005

quote:

I’m intelligent (IQ tested at 145 when I was a child, which is 3 standard deviations above the mean -- higher than 99.85% of the population. Even if I’ve gotten dumber as I’ve aged I’m probably still at least a 130, which is higher than 97.5% of the population.)

I’m educated (whereas 77% of American women do not have bachelor’s degrees)
I have my financial poo poo together (no debt, perfect credit history, 6+ months living expenses saved, adequate insurance, self employed)
I have a strong libido and love having sex (my lover *never* has to beg, unless it’s for me to let him get some sleep!)

It's like she's "gotten dumber" just over the course of those two paragraphs.

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?
Give her 15 years, and she'll be MaryRomantic.

On edit: MaryRomantic's web site is gone! Do you think she actually found a guy who met her zillion ridiculous conditions, or did she just give up?

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000
I wouldn't touch her with a low quality ten foot pole

Tienshin
Jan 8, 2004
That's quite the long face she has going on there. I was expecting some knockout hardbody with rebellious tits, legs with curves so tight they bend light, all topped off with some killer horn rimmed glasses. But this chick, I'm sorry, this high quality woman looks like most any broad I might see walking downtown on a nice day i.e. remarkably average. Methinks someone is putting far too much stock into internet fanboys who will level attention on most anything with a vagina.

Bullet Ant
May 28, 2005
Woah, woah, WOAH! What the gently caress!?

http://jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/blog/2006/08/dark_angel_revi.html

quote:

Dark Angel Review (COMMENTS CONTAIN SPOILERS)

I finished watching the rest of Dark Angel last week. (Next series in the Netflix queue: La Femme Nikita.) Quickie review:

First season: Good! :)

Second season: Dumb. :( I see why the series was cancelled.

I recommend watching the first season if you, like me, are a fan of the rear end-kicking super-hero girl genre. But unless you're also a completist I don't recommend the second season at all.

Spoileriffic additional commentary in the comments.

And can anyone point me in the direction of some hot Max/Logan fan fic? Thanks.

Awful critic AND "hot fanfic" aficionado? No, totally, you're a keeper.:femfap:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

God, I want to break my dick off in her rear end, just so she has an excuse when people ask her why she's such a cunty bitch.

"Oh that? Yeah, there's still a considerable amount of dick in my rear end, that's why I'm such a horrible person."

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Apparently 86% of the people on HotOrNot are pretty fuckin ugly.

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?

Narcissistic Bitch posted:

I’m attractive (my new picture has been rated more attractive than 86% of the women on Hot or Not -- and the women who upload their pictures are a self-selected sample that is probably already biased towards being more attractive than the general female population)

Does she get a different HotOrNot than I do? Because I think the HotOrNot sample is less attractive than humanity in general.

Filthyscumbag
Mar 28, 2005

Internet Jerk
"my overall dating market value should remain the same or even improve."

This killed me. SHOW ME THE SPREADSHEET!! I wonder what her "overall dating market value" would be with a hot steaming turd on her beach of a forehead. It would probably go to a 4, from the high-quality 8 it is now.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Yeah, she's crazy.

While I wouldn't call her ugly, I don't think she'd turn my head. She also doesn't seem to realize that most men want someone dumber than they are. Bragging about her intelligence is sure to be a turn off to all but the geek community, though that seems to be her main source of interest.

instant breakfast
Mar 2, 2004

Fight the power!
moustache!
haha i love how she says "well if you're not good enough for me, you suck poo poo so go marry a fat mother or get a mail order bride, loser"

dr_zaius
Jul 7, 2005

HEY GUYS! AM I A FURRY?! IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE EVER HAD SEX WITH A LIVING ANIMAL.
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd do her...but only in a spiteful and angry manner.

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?

Manos del Sino posted:

She also doesn't seem to realize that most men want someone dumber than they are.

They do?

Geez, I'm lucky I caught a man, then.

dr_zaius posted:

I'd do her...but only in a spiteful and angry manner.

She'd like that, I bet. It would be like the angry primal sex in Ayn Rand (her favorite author).

Jamesface
Mar 21, 2001

Sister Shagger

Wacky, Spacky, Cacky Jackie Mackie Passey posted:

Self-improvement! I used to be a fat unattractive college dropout who couldn’t get her life together. Now I’m thin, attractive,
neurotic, self-absorbed, and destined to be alone for the rest of my life!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Jamesface posted:

I don't think she's that attractive

My sentiments exactly, the fact that she thinks she's the poo poo makes her less appealing too.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Manos del Sino posted:

Yeah, she's crazy.

While I wouldn't call her ugly, I don't think she'd turn my head. She also doesn't seem to realize that most men want someone dumber than they are.

Is this true, really? I'd say the best thing is having someone with whom you are on the same wavelength.

Needless to say I would never be on Jacqueline's wavelength

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Sidhedevil posted:

On edit: MaryRomantic's web site is gone! Do you think she actually found a guy who met her zillion ridiculous conditions, or did she just give up?
At least MaryRomantic had the sense to grow some bangs out over her fivehead.

God bless the wayback machine http://web.archive.org/web/20020122173154/http://maryromantic.com/

Manos del Sino posted:

most men want someone dumber than they are
no

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I guarantee that within two months of finding a man that man will have stabbed her. She's likely a tremendous self-important oval office with a battle between her self-loathing and narcissism raging within her.

The lady doth protest too much.

ChaosKitty
Oct 21, 2005
Holy Cats!
Wouldn't it have saved her a lot of time, effort and bandwidth just to write "I'm a gigantic bitch"?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

quote:

Look in the developing world. If you’re literate with a home computer and an internet connection you are very wealthy compared to the rest of the world. Citizenship or legal permanent residency in a rich country makes you more attractive to women in poorer countries. Your value on the dating market is thus much higher there.
:wtc: I'm not really sure what she's trying to say here. Is it that internet nerds should look into the hot, untapped market of illegal immigrants?

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

You know that someone who thinks so highly of herself has some serious inferiority issues.

Sidhedevil
Aug 3, 2005

Prostatitis?

Grey Fox posted:

:wtc: I'm not really sure what she's trying to say here. Is it that internet nerds should look into the hot, untapped market of illegal immigrants?

No, she's saying, "Get a mail-order bride, neckbeards!"

da keebsta knicca
Sep 12, 2000

Oh Ruutu, you are such a card.
I don't get what the big deal is. So she is full of herself? and finds honor in people who are free and sulf sufficient away from the boredom of everyday working for someone else.

Max Nitwit
Sep 11, 2001

I miss the 80s.

Sidhedevil posted:

She'd like that, I bet. It would be like the angry primal sex in Ayn Rand (her favorite author).

Now that's a sign of bitchiness right there.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
For some reason my mind correlated her attitude with that of certain type of Asian-American male. Must be the statistics...

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Tinestram posted:

Apparently 86% of the people on HotOrNot are pretty fuckin ugly.

My profile pic got to the top 86% of men, if that tells you anything.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
She's a cutie, but..her method of detailing 'every little thing' needed in a male is pretty anal retentive. She should really just go out and try to meet people instead of getting all OCD on the online dating game.

Then again, she could also find a male that fits the requirements who also happens to love making super detailed lists for everything and end up in complete bliss.

I notice this type of over anal-retentiveness in alot of NYC professional women. It's kind of depressing. I mean, it just doesn't make for a good story to tell your kids years, if not decades, down the line about how you met your sig. other and how you fell for each other. It's too..antiseptic.

Works for me either way.

TyroneGoldstein fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 15, 2006

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000
Not to mention that her "financial success" apparently comes solely from the revenues of her BLOG SITE

talk about holding yourself to strict standards

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
How the hell did she get an 82% on hotornot.com?

Also according to her objective criteria, I'm her superior in every possible way. Which is sad, considering that I spend most of my day drinking heavily and playing video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Nitwit
Sep 11, 2001

I miss the 80s.

BrainParasite posted:

My profile pic got to the top 86% of men, if that tells you anything.

It does indeed.

EDIT: For the very, very lazy: