Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Stacie
Nov 7, 2005

My friend was on highway yesterday and he sees two bikers with LEDS all over their wheels weaving all over the HW (around 1AM) then once they level with his car one of idiots just kicked his loving door and they all sped away.

What does one do? Could you just swirl left and cream the fucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

You could not be a douchebag talking about swerving into bikers on a forum full of people who ride, for starters.

It's probly a safe bet to assume that the car that got kicked nrarly ran/ran one of them off the road, forced one of them over a lane or something equally stupid/deatly.

That doesn't make them right, and that may not even be the case(They could just be punk shits who want to make it hard for those of us who aren't), but I think a lot of the riders here would be lying if they tried to say they hadn't put the boot to someone's driver's door before.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

Witten sucks ass. SHOCKEY FOREVER BABY

This is going to go over even worse than your past threads.

Also I imagine your friend almost creamed them and it was payback.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Tactical Bonnet posted:

but I think a lot of the riders here would be lying if they tried to say they hadn't put the boot to someone's driver's door before.
Some of us openly admit it.

Without knowing the situation, I've never known a rider who randomly kicked doors. Every one I've ever known has been in response to being merged upon, cut off or infringed on in some other way by the car in question.

Without even taking into consideration WHY they kicked his door, the fact that you're talking about potentially killing a rider for damaging a car is kind of hosed up.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

As much as I hate Stacie, it's not that far out of the realm of possibility that maybe the riders were riding like idiots. I can't be the only one to have seen people on bikes acting like idiots.

That said, I don't think killing them is the answer but maybe try to get their plates next time.

Bear Report
Aug 27, 2005

Only superstars... like me.

7744 posted:

That said, I don't think killing them is the answer but maybe try to get their plates next time.

This. Do the rational thing, get the guys arrested if they broke the law.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

Vehicular homicide is probably not the best course of action for someone kicking your door (even though I might think about it if I did nothing to provoke it).

With that said, Ive booted doors a few times when people drift into my lane. I also tried to backhand through a side window before with those carbon knuckle gloves which DOES NOT WORK. Don't try it, you'll be sorry. Perhaps your buddy was provoking them because of their hilarious LED lights ?

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...

jonathan posted:

I kick poo poo
Man, you ARE a tough guy.

I'm sure your friend inadvertantly (or maybe purposely) cut the group off, and some of those groups can be pretty rowdy and obnoxious. He got what they felt was coming to him.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Stacie posted:

My friend was on highway yesterday and he sees two bikers with LEDS all over their wheels weaving all over the HW (around 1AM) then once they level with his car one of idiots just kicked his loving door and they all sped away.

Seriously why the gently caress haven't you been probated for 99999 hours already.

destructo fucked around with this message at May 20, 2007 around 23:38

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

I wish there was less of a feeling of "it is inconceivable that the bikers were assholes, your friend must have provoked them."

Sometimes people just do rear end in a top hat things; bikers every bit as much as regular drivers.

Don't loving kill people for kicking your car. It's not nice.

If he cut them off, he's a moron. If he didn't, they're dicks. Get them arrested either way.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Moruitelda posted:

I wish there was less of a feeling of "it is inconceivable that the bikers were assholes, your friend must have provoked them."
The days someone doesn't try to merge into/ontop of me are the one that are out of the ordinary.

The feeling's there because more often than not, it's the car putting the bike at risk because they're not looking where they're going (I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here).

Ravyn posted:

Man, you ARE a tough guy.
Not to defend Jonathan in any way, but I've admitted on several different occasions to doing much the same thing.

The way I see it, if you come over on me and make me swerve out of my lane, you were going to get a dent in either case, why should you care if it's made by my boot instead of some other part of me?

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003
FUCKEN HELL MATE 8----------------------D

OK ok ok wait a minute... are you guys saying its ok to kick somones door in because they didnt see you? Ive been in my CAR and not been seen countless times and had to blow the horn to wake people up who were merging on top of me, but im not about to start ramming them. But it suddenly makes it ok if youre on a motorcycle?

Dot get me wrong, I own a bike that I do enjoy riding, but this seems kind of bogus. What happens if it was an honest mistake and whovever it was didnt see the bikes weaving in and out of traffic like a bunch of cocksuckers, or is that ok if youre on a bike too?

Its funny how so many will immediately sides with the cyclist in these forums just because they ride. Even if they might have been doing wll over the posted limit and riding like morons. I dont know maybe there are rear end in a top hat on motorcycles too?

But anyway yeah get plates call 911 and report it.

Electric Snake fucked around with this message at May 20, 2007 around 23:37

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

Moruitelda posted:

You'll find that a lot here. A lot of riders in AI really get their panties in a twist if you say anything against bikers. I think its an insecurity thing.

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner

Moruitelda posted:

Sometimes people just do rear end in a top hat things; bikers every bit as much as regular drivers.

The thing is that kicking a car door or whatever is really opening yourself up to getting run over, you have to be really pissed off to do that. I've kicked one door and it's because it was coming towards me and I didn't have anything else to do.

I mean, maybe they were giant assholes but I don't know that many people that would just do that randomly.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Electric Snake posted:

OK ok ok wait a minute... are you guys saying its ok to kick somones door in because they didnt see you? Ive been in my CAR and not been seen countless times and had to blow the horn to wake people up who were merging on top of me, but im not about to start ramming them. But it suddenly makes it ok if youre on a motorcycle?
I think it stems from the fact that the consequences in a situation where it's car vs motorcycle are significantly more severe than car vs car.

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner

Electric Snake posted:

OK ok ok wait a minute... are you guys saying its ok to kick somones door in because they didnt see you?

Yes, what the gently caress am I supposed to do, push it away with my goddamn mind?

To be honest I've tried the horn thing but people seem to respond better to a hollow thunk of a car panel.

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

Blackaxis posted:

Yes, what the gently caress am I supposed to do, push it away with my goddamn mind?

So if someones merging on me in my car I should start pushing them back with mine?

Or how aboout you react accordingly! The same way you would in a car. Get out of the idiots way becaue you happen to be the one paying attention? People are lovely drivers. Thats part of the risk of riding a motorcycle. You have to watch out for your self and everyone else because they most likely wont be seeing you.

Do you really think you are going to suddenly change their life by kicking in their door? Like the next time they get on the road they will be like "Golly, Im never going to not pay attention again! Sorry Mr. Motorcyclist! Thank you for teachin me a lesson Ill never forget!"

No, theyre goig to say "stupid loving motorcyclist!" and call the cops on you for kicking in their door, and give riders an even worse image.

Electric Snake fucked around with this message at May 20, 2007 around 23:48

otterstat
Jul 28, 2006
Your ideas intrigue me, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Electric Snake posted:

Or how aboout you react accordingly! The same way you would in a car.

Er, surely you can appreciate the difference between driving a car and riding a motorcycle? You're sitting on something that weighs less than a can of chopped tomatoes, it's a lot more dangerous for some blithering stinkyhole to merge on top of you than if you're in a huge cocoon of steel.

I don't blame bikers for getting pissed off due to ignorant drivers.

Electric Snake posted:

Do you really think you are going to suddenly change their life by kicking in their door?

Yes, I think it's a harsher lesson to learn than leaning on your horn and making wanker signs at them.

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

otterstat posted:

Er, surely you can appreciate the difference between driving a car and riding a motorcycle? You're sitting on something that weighs less than a can of chopped tomatoes, it's a lot more dangerous for some blithering stinkyhole to merge on top of you than if you're in a huge cocoon of steel.

I don't blame bikers for getting pissed off due to ignorant drivers.

Yes, I think it's a harsher lesson to learn than leaning on your horn and making wanker signs at them.

Trust me, I know the feeling. I ride an SR500.

The point I am trying to make is that the only thing they will learn is that bikers are assholes who kick your door in. Its not going to make them change their driving habbits.

Look, I love my motorcycle. I love to ride it (when it works). Also, every time I pass a car, Im thinking "ok is this guy going to see me or not...." so I can be ready for it. I dont hang around to see if they are going to merge into me. I pass them as quickly as I can, because chances are someone is not going to see me.

Electric Snake fucked around with this message at May 21, 2007 around 00:04

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Electric Snake posted:

No, theyre goig to say "stupid loving motorcyclist!" and call the cops on you for kicking in their door, and give riders an even worse image.

'Officer, I was having to push myself away from a car that was merging on top of me.'

That one works along with 'The reason his mirror came off is because he clipped my elbow with it while he was passing me.'

Edit: And to clarify, I'm not talking about 'Oh geez he spooke me a little bit by wavering in his lane', I'm talking 'omiGod that motherfucker would have KILLED me had I not been on top of my game' type situations. fwiw anyway.

Swingline Savvy fucked around with this message at May 21, 2007 around 00:05

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

Its just that the way you guys make it sound, Its like youre looking for a reason to kick someones door in. I guess I just prefer to avoid a fight if its possible.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Electric Snake posted:

Its just that the way you guys make it sound, Its like youre looking for a reason to kick someones door in. I guess I just prefer to avoid a fight if its possible.
That's why I tried to clarify my last post. I and most of the other riders I know feel exactly the opposite from this. It's more a 'last resort' (for lack of a better term) than an initial response.

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

Yes, thats all fine and well, but the OP says that the guys rode up beside the car and kicked the door in, and everyone seemed to think that was cool. Its lke trying to train a dog. If you do apply punsihment after the fact, its not going to matter. If you start doing something as a last resort, it may help them realize that they are, infact merging on top of you.

Electric Snake fucked around with this message at May 21, 2007 around 00:24

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Maybe I'm reading my own feelings into it too much, but it seems to me that the sentiment is more 'it's cool if, as happens so many times, the car almost hit the bikes first'.

I can't think of a single rider in AI (based on their posting) who'd get a kick out of doing something like this unprovoked, nor any who would support it.

The reason so many of us assume the car was in the wrong is because it happens to ALL of us all the time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

Witten sucks ass. SHOCKEY FOREVER BABY

Mapless posted:

The reason so many of us assume the car was in the wrong is because it happens to ALL of us all the time.

That and we've seen Stacie's judgement in action, so we assume her friend is just as bad.

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

That and we've seen Stacie's judgement in action, so we assume her friend is just as bad.

Oooohh ok. I have no idea who this person is. Maybe i should stop now.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Maybe you bikers are just being greedy. You don't need ALL that lane, just half of it.

But in all seriousness, I've never seen it happen or heard of someone I know kicking in doors or getting their doors kicked in. If someone kicked in my doors unprovoked, you bet I would run them off the road if I knew I could get away with it. If it was provoked, I guess it would depend on which of my cars it was.

Wounded Unicorn
Oct 26, 2004

Hi, is there an international signal for, "no, I don't want to race your dumb t-shirt and blue-jean squid rear end?" Around austin, it seems that everyone is buying R1s and GSX, and it kind of sucks how my 2.5RS's wing inspires everyone with a half-fast bike or car to CHALLENGE ME TO A RAAAAAAACE.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

...it kind of sucks how my 2.5RS's wing inspires everyone with a half-fast bike or car to CHALLENGE ME TO A RAAAAAAACE.
The funny thing here, is that it seems almost every car with a wing tries to challenge ME to a 'race'.

I usually act like I'm jerking off with my left hand and smear it on my chest or (if I'm in a weirder mood) stand up on the pegs and point at the driver then at the sky over and over.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst... wanna buy some high quality meat?

Blackaxis posted:

To be honest I've tried the horn thing but people seem to respond better to a hollow thunk of a car panel.

I tried not to respond to this thread, but this is ludicrous... you feel that you've been harmed, so you take it out on someone else, BUT, they can't take it out on you, because that would cross the line? Who the gently caress are you to set the line?

I guarantee that I would not "respond better" if someone intentionally damaged my vehicle, whether or not they felt it was just. You ride a bike. There are certain risks that come with that. If you choose to be a dick, be careful that I don't choose to be one back.

I've learned that if you're going to be a dick, be one from a position of power. Kicking a cage when you're out in the air isn't one of power. Jesus Christ, the claim has been made in this thread that it's much worse to not see a bike than to not see a car... well, a bike is 1/5th the size of a car and if the rider is an rear end (riding without headlight is one that always bugs the poo poo out of me), the bike can be MUCH more difficult to see. So it's both rider and driver's responsibility to watch... and if someone misses, kicking a door is only going to get YOU hurt if you choose unwisely.

Mapless posted:

I usually act like I'm jerking off with my left hand and smear it on my chest or (if I'm in a weirder mood) stand up on the pegs and point at the driver then at the sky over and over.

Wow. You must be an unbelievable badass.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005
note: is not an Apple product

Stacie posted:

Well now, it looks like you done went and got yourself the wrong goddamn forum, young Sally.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/fo...php?forumid=132

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

Hi, is there an international signal for, "no, I don't want to race your dumb t-shirt and blue-jean squid rear end?" Around austin, it seems that everyone is buying R1s and GSX, and it kind of sucks how my 2.5RS's wing inspires everyone with a half-fast bike or car to CHALLENGE ME TO A RAAAAAAACE.

Why doesn't anyone try to race me?

I feel like a jackass passing bikers sometimes because they must think I'm trying to race them or something. Sometimes the go like 80ish and I like to go 90ish. At least I have the courtesy not to ride up on their rear end like I would a car if they won't get the gently caress out of my way because I know they brake a lot faster than me.

Stacie
Nov 7, 2005

So best bet is to get the plates and call 911? I think reason might have been that he was going to slow (it was late and he was doing around 40 in usually 70 MPH zone). He didn't change lanes as HW was empty at night.

Biker dented his door pretty good but its not too bad since car is jet black.

For you goons I don't think they were serious bikers as he described both of them having two girls in the back with no gear. So go figure.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Wow. You must be an unbelievable badass.
No, I've just been riding for a long time and poo poo gets old and strikes me funny.
You've never given an over-the-top answer when someone asks the same question over and over again?

Christ, lighten up and start waving a shoe at people or something.

Edit: Wait wait. Yes, I am an unbelievable badass. I like that one much better.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

Mapless posted:

No, I've just been riding for a long time and poo poo gets old and strikes me funny.
You've never given an over-the-top answer when someone asks the same question over and over again?

No, no one has ever asked me a question enough times for me to pretend I'm jerking off.

Electric Snake
Sep 25, 2003

Mapless posted:

Theres nothing funnier than having some tough guy rev up on you and just looking at him and busting up laughing

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

I am now convinced Stacie is the ultimate AI troll ever created ever.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

7744 posted:

No, no one has ever asked me a question enough times for me to pretend I'm jerking off.
Ride a sportbike, after the first couple of thousand Camries(?) rev at you you'll understand and sympathize much better.

Edit: What the gently caress is the plural of Camry??

xiao xiao
May 22, 2006

by Ozma

I can't stand bikers that do stupid poo poo like that. I got my door kicked by some punk rear end in a top hat on a gixxer about a year ago, called in and reported it. I had his plates since my buddy was taking pictures and snapped one of him trying to flee

i ran his plates and got his home address, after getting my car fixed at his expense i paid him and his bike a visit late one night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 16, 2004

We are so young,
Our lives have just begun,
But already we are considering
Escape from this world.

Stacie posted:

So best bet is to get the plates and call 911? I think reason might have been that he was going to slow (it was late and he was doing around 40 in usually 70 MPH zone). He didn't change lanes as HW was empty at night.

Biker dented his door pretty good but its not too bad since car is jet black.

For you goons I don't think they were serious bikers as he described both of them having two girls in the back with no gear. So go figure.

This is going to start the exact same arguement as your last loving retarded thread about calling 911 about something that's not an on-going emergency.

«2 »