Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007

Christo posted:

Alright, so I got this far with the Goon City's local pokécenter and then ran out of ideas. I've got a suipsyduck in there, two trainers locked in eternal battle and the gooniest of all pokémon, Snorlax. Any suggestions?

Snorlax is too small, and I know where you should place him as a homage to the original games, infront of the goddamn door so you can't enter unless you talk to some guy and get some sort of flute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jrr
Sep 13, 2007
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
I tried really hard to make a Stargate. I will take suggestions but I am not very good at this so I probably won't be able to do them.

Also, can somebody explain how to make the shadows in such a way that someone who's never used GIMP (or photoshop) can understand?

Mullitt
Jun 27, 2008
I think I'm pretty much done.

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot

jrr posted:

I tried really hard to make a Stargate. I will take suggestions but I am not very good at this so I probably won't be able to do them.

Also, can somebody explain how to make the shadows in such a way that someone who's never used GIMP (or photoshop) can understand?

Curse you!!! I was making a Stargate too! :argh: It does look better than mine though.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

inksquid posted:

Alrighty. Here's mine.....our favorite Goon pastime. Don't you wish there was actually one of these? I do.

Let me know if anything needs some fixin'.

I don't think the bullets are nessescary but it is awesome regardless.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

TerroristBob posted:

the only thing messed up with that is the fact that it looks like the row of blocks that goes straight up looks like its floating. make it so the block closest to you is in front of the one behind it and so on down the line
You realize that is kind of the point of the optical illusion right?

Anyway, I just squeezed this out.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

You expect me to eat this?

Canis Ex Machina posted:

Who needs a bridge when you can cross the river the James Bond way?

And here's how it should look in place. I was going to put a guy with a slidewhistle standing near it, but realised I couldn't pull it off at this scale.

drat this is addictive.

Only thing missing is a shadow under the car in the water.

TerroristBob
Jul 28, 2006

Enzyte Bob is not who he seems.

MustelaFuro posted:

You realize that is kind of the point of the optical illusion right?

Anyway, I just squeezed this out.

oh i didn't know thats what he was going for. oops

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I keep trying to make a mini-version of the tank museum I work at but no dice. :argh:

It fails horribly every time.

Anyway, I might as well give you guys a mini pixel me, handy for army tiles:

:haw:

torsloke
Feb 17, 2005

jimcunningham posted:

New clocktower, bookstore, and pyf bulletin board. Now what?

Click here for the full 1246x730 image.

e: tables
You need an approving R. Lee Ermey looking on. "Those individuals showed what one motivated marine and his rifle can do!"

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

jimcunningham posted:

I guess this is done. Sniper on the tower. Lots of lawn area because thats more important than parking or classrooms.

Great work. But what about a Science, Philosophy and Education Building? kegs? someoen smokin a joint and throwing a frisbee?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
new wip I can't quite figure out what to do with the rest of the thing - boxcars, I suppose?

Thriftwood
Dec 13, 2005
Finally finished this.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
The Roxbury is finished:

https://wi.somethingawful.com/0d/0d4f6ecc447d2d1500073b1df853cb72d54ddfad.png

Sorry about not making the background transparent, I can't do that in MSpaint.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tuff Ghost posted:

Great work. But what about a Science, Philosophy and Education Building? kegs? someoen smokin a joint and throwing a frisbee?

I'm going to need more room, but I'll get started.

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Hunkty Krunkty posted:

Really sorry to bother you but some people suggested I updated mine with some stuff so I edited my post but you must've missed it. If you could update it that'd be nice but take your time, it's really not important.

Here it is again:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/4e/4eea0ae32957cfd39d0e4d1147242ddb473d10b8.png

Done

EvilDeathBee posted:

From left to right: Neckbeard with Katana, Ninja, Gandalf, "Brotherly Love", and Devo.

Whip it. Whip it good.

The WIZZARD needs his own altel van.

InediblePenguin posted:

Here we go. Presenting: 2fort, RED side!

Linework by me, colouring by Karma Guard, and no attention paid whatsoever to the template so it's not a nice square block!! Um, if somebody wanted to build the bridge or the BLU base or something that'd work, I guess, or just build around the back on their own oddly-shaped block to square it off, otherwise just plonk 'er down on a sand-coloured square?

Sorry :shobon:

Some people are complaining that someone else is working on a red 2fort but it doesn't matter. I'll put them at different ends of the map and they are so awesome we can use as many as people want to make.

Just please make this fit in the template, if not 1 square make it fit into 2. It takes me forever to put this stuff together and I don't want to spend 30 minutes making 1 thing fit.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Don't put him anywhere unless he's saying "WELCOME TO EARF!'

Senor Tron posted:

I'm not sure why you would want to resize the image at all, it can't add any extra detail since this is all pixel art, and if you resize by anything other than multiples of the original dimensions you will cause distortion on the pixel level which could break some effects. Imagine a 2*2 pixel checker board being resized to 3*3, even with nearest neighbor it will end up distorted.

If you do really want to increase the resolution so that you can add smooth text onto the poster or something similar you should instead change the scaling type to percentage, not pixels, and only scale by even amounts like 200%, 300%, 400% etc.

It looks better larger. If you print it small you can't tell they are individual pixels, increase the size and the pixel blocks are bigger. If the image scale is locked it doesn't distort.

Aciid c0d3r posted:

OP--How would you feel about a rather LARGE Air Force Base at the top of the city? It's going to take a while but I need something to do until my back heals...

Do it.

Updated city. Let me know if I missed anything but I should have it all.

WALDO MOVED

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I made some Dr. Manhattans if anyone wants them :)

I think I'll do The Comedian next.

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!
This city requires a hero that it seems to lack, a more kosher hero so I present to you...

"Shalom bitches!"

...Walker Goon City Mordechai
(Originally Walker Texas Mordechai but this is funnier, modeled after a friend of mine, we came up with this joke some time ago, with a theme song)

The eye of the jew is upon you
Where ever there is cash, that's where he'll be
When you're in Israel look behind you
Cause that's where the hebrew's gonna be

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected

Shakra posted:

WALDO MOVED

This is looking awesome, and I'm working on a 3rd piece to submit, thanks for heading up this great project.

I do have two suggestions, but feel free to ignore them if you don't think it's important. 1) Carmen Sandiego looks out of place down by the river, is there any chance she could go up with the pyramids? Maybe her placement was on purpose, but if not, I think she would look better up top. 2) Joker seems to be a popular favorite, but right now there are two Jokers on either side of the house being raided by SWAT.

I like the random layout normally, and think it's part of what gives GoonCity its character. My suggestions were just two things that keep standing out whenever I look at the image.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We now have 2 sets of Mythbusters.

1 on it's own shark launching set piece and one outside of the (What I'm assuming is the) 28 Days Later tower.

TheFatController
Mar 6, 2003

Anyone wanna buy some speakers?

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:
here's some updates on the base so far. I can only show you snippets because its too big for waffle images already

Base offices^^^^^^^^^

^^^Barracks^^^ "borrowed" from the map, and then modified. Anyone that wants to supply characters/vehicles/buildings/jets/terrorists, etc. feel free

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Couple Comedians for ya.

This is a nice way to waste some time.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
If anyone can figure out a way to properly represent the house from "House Of Leaves", I will love them forever. Seriously, this is growing into an absolutely beautiful project.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
nevermind I suck

playground tough fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 16, 2008

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.
I like Evos, so I decided to recreate an Evo 8 for the city. It seems a little too plain though, was thinking of adding a 240SX or something but I don't want to make it too :rice:. Ideas?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Shakra posted:

WALDO MOVED

I don't see either of my road tiles being used.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I made some stuff that would fit well in a cemetary. I included some flags with useful words on them for the WBC, a blank flag and a burning flag. I don't think I can come up with enough content for a good cemetary on my own though.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
wait, Isn't the battlestar galactica viper still WIP?

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Roflex posted:

I don't see either of my road tiles being used.

Post them again please.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Needs more Chris Farley.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

http://xerol.org/h/img/1343

http://xerol.org/h/img/1340

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Why would you have to stop to go under the bridge?

Provost Zakharov
Aug 23, 2007

Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.
drat, that took waaayyy too long to do, but that's mostly just me being anal about details. Went for a slightly different approach to 2fort, and I tried to make it fit into the map despite the slight template-breaking.

Click here for the full 872x466 image.

Might make a couple of small additions tomorrow.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there a limit of how many things we can submit? I'm really enjoying making things.

Aciid c0d3r posted:

here's some updates on the base so far. I can only show you snippets because its too big for waffle images already

Base offices^^^^^^^^^

This is looking excellent already.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Why would you have to stop to go under the bridge?

because the road is only wide enough for one vehicle i presume...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Stiggs posted:

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there a limit of how many things we can submit? I'm really enjoying making things.

I don't believe so.

I'm going to make a giant Dr.Manhattan to kill the little pixel Vietcong.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
This has took me some time:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Provost Zakharov posted:

drat, that took waaayyy too long to do, but that's mostly just me being anal about details. Went for a slightly different approach to 2fort, and I tried to make it fit into the map despite the slight template-breaking.

Click here for the full 872x466 image.

Might make a couple of small additions tomorrow.

This is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

The bridge one is in there, the other I hadn't seen with the corners fixed.