Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I have a quick question, I've searched through the thread and maybe I missed it.

But I've heard mentions of this debug mode that lets you fly around, how would one do this with ZNES? Man would it make things easier.
Unfortunately, there's no one code that enables a debug mode in all games. You'll have to find out how to enable it for each game. Usually it's a Game Genie or Pro Action Replay code. Sometimes, in the case of Sonic (Which is what I mentioned earlier) it's a code to be entered in game like a level select cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

quote:

Saturn2K came out of the closet to say:

Meteor's screwed up.
Erm? How so?

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Okay, I have a quick question, I've searched through the thread and maybe I missed it.

But I've heard mentions of this debug mode that lets you fly around, how would one do this with ZNES? Man would it make things easier.

it was a code that was for the sonic games only. So that would be gens.

Doing a :cool: Final Fantasy Tactics map now. will edit this post in a bit.

edit:

preview of Barius Hill

in both 1280x1024 and 1600x1200

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 21, 2003

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

quote:

UFF came out of the closet to say:
:( sucks that im too lazy to resize a lot of those to fix my 1600x1200 desktop
I've resized most of them to fit my 1600 x 1200 desktop perfectly, including making a gap at the bottom for my 41-pixel start menu.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Gilg came out of the closet to say:
Erm? How so?
Upon closer inspection, it's perfect. It just wasn't displaying properly for a second for me.

drat you, program in my sig.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Not sure why but I can't access these webpages, can somone look and see if there is any Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana action replay debug codes?

http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/pro_action_replay/super_nes/secret_of_mana.shtml

http://www.world-of-video-games.com/snes/pro_action_replay.shtml

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

shawnm
Jan 27, 2001

quote:

Bah, I give up. Here is an Secret of Mana one. But there is certain sections that I couldn't walk to and take screenshots of. And than I didn't really know how to blend it into the background, so meh, half assed, if anyone wants the psd of the thing with the chopper layer of just the game without the cheesy background, my contact info is in my profile.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/morphix/som1600.jpg

How do you get past that??

I have this game, and I do not know what to do. I wonder if it's a flaw in my emu-- err, my emu, yes. Emu's are cool birds.

Also, thanks SO MUCH for the earthbound stuff! Thanks Gilg and Saturn2k.

shawnm fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 21, 2003

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

"Why don't you mosey along, pardner."

Anyone who gets a sonic one done...shall be getting a paypal. 1280x1024 preferably.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

It's been a while since I last checked Genesis emulators, which is the "best" one right now?

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Fourside 1600x1200

Enjoy.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
holy crap is that a swastica? I just google searched for "zelda map" and picked one of the first ones down the list..

It's already been stated, but here's a little more info...
In Japanese, the symbol is referred to as a "Manji". The Nazis reversed the symbol. Oddly enough, that's how I remembered which way the Nazi swastika faced when I was growing up. "The opposite way of the Zelda level 3 dungeon".

This article should explain a little:

http://loz.zeldalegends.net/articles/article04/

[/hijack]

Shodanbait
Sep 23, 2000
I EAT MY OWN PUBIC HAIRS COVERED IN MY OWN FECES AND SOME SEMEN. I SHOULD GET A LIFE. MAYBE? I FUCKING SUCK.
Contra III: Alien Wars. Meant to do the whole stage. Got to the wall. Things started getting too tiny. Got sassy and brassy and threw in Red Falcon.

http://www.lowta.cx/upload/c/contra1600X12002.PNG

edit-fixed

Shodanbait fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 21, 2003

jeremy
Jun 19, 2002
I'm working on a map of Narshe from FF6. It's taking me awhile, because at the moment, the map's only about 1000x1000 pixels, and the designers were lazy around the non-visible portions of the map and just used repeating textures, which I have to fix to make it look good.

Once that's done, I'll have to remove all the extra Terra textures and add in the correct # of townsfolk.

Sneak preview:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
^^^ !!! eek that's amazing

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:

Final Fantasy Tactics Barius Hill.

quick bump for any suggestions. If there's a cool map that you want me to do, let me know.

Shodanbait
Sep 23, 2000
I EAT MY OWN PUBIC HAIRS COVERED IN MY OWN FECES AND SOME SEMEN. I SHOULD GET A LIFE. MAYBE? I FUCKING SUCK.

quote:

jeremy came out of the closet to say:
Once that's done, I'll have to remove all the extra Terra textures and add in the correct # of townsfolk.

Sneak preview:

Conversely, you can also throw in the sprites of the other characters partying hard, but that might loan itself better to a different setting.

MoodyAllen
Jul 2, 2000
Here's Elevator Action, my pride and joy of the moment.

MO66764

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

quote:

MoodyAllen came out of the closet to say:
Here's Elevator Action, my pride and joy of the moment.
Killer. I like it...
Elevator Action was going to be the next one I did...
... but I started playing instead, and got distracted, luckily.

Unionize your job
Mar 24, 2003

Oh dear. Is that bannable?
I'll probably be too lazy to throw together what would be the greatest map background - one from the inimitable Toejam & Earl. If anybody feeling motivated wants to tackle that project ... a custom title for you, sir.

And all of these are so :krad: I'm pissing myself with joy.

Jew-Jitsu
Apr 17, 2002
Simply amazing. All stolen for future use. Huzzah!

Stargle
Mar 28, 2003

quote:

Jew-Jitsu came out of the closet to say:
Simply amazing. All stolen for future use. Huzzah!

Yup

polygon_monkey
Nov 28, 2000

I'm Quadro-spazzed
on a life-glug.
These are great, I think I'll try a cybernator one.

jeremy
Jun 19, 2002

quote:

^^^ !!! eek that's amazing

quick bump for any suggestions. If there's a cool map that you want me to do, let me know.

Golgorand Execution Site (with Agrias & Ramza vs. Gafgarion)
Murond Death City
Zerekile Falls

The shootout (5 chemists, all with guns) at Colliery Underground Third Floor would be really cool, if you could somehow incorporate the feeling of all the guns firing.

g0dlike
May 19, 2003
Hey man I was just wondering if you would be so kind as to share where you got your emulators and games.

Life is Eat and Die
Apr 15, 2001
drat, the Earthbound ones kick rear end. Thanks guys.

http://www.calwong.org

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.
Updated again, you guys move fast, I'll be trying to make more later. In fact I just tried to do sonic, but I can't get it for the life of me, sorry..

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Golgorand Execution Site (with Agrias & Ramza vs. Gafgarion)
Murond Death City
Zerekile Falls

The shootout (5 chemists, all with guns) at Colliery Underground Third Floor would be really cool, if you could somehow incorporate the feeling of all the guns firing.

I had already started on the falls :)

Leader
Feb 25, 2002
Earthbound, Onett(1280x1024). I think I cleaned it up okay.
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/TheRandyCometh/onett.png
edit: p.s. best thread ever.

Leader fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 21, 2003

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Glad this thread is still going. It gave me an idea, and it was only this morning that I had time to work on it.

Shadow of the Beast, for the Amiga krew.
http://users.pullman.com/agnitfom/SOTB_BG01.png
(1600x1200)

Same as above, only lightly filtered and with a smooth gradient sky.
http://users.pullman.com/agnitfom/SOTB_BG02.jpg
(1600x1200)

Here's a thumb...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sigtrap fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 25, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Chrono Trigger - Millenial Fair

I filled in the spare areas with a photoshop-generated pattern from the trees and think that looks good. The Caveman/Gato areas don't connect properly because they don't in the game either. If anyone would like a PSD file with the fair, no background, and the two Caveman/Gato areas in seperate layers (to solve these problems in your own ways or make other sizes), feel free to contact me via info in profile.

Otherwise, enjoy :)

I have UPDATED this image now to include the Old Man and his lunch, since I'd accidently forgotten to paste him in. If you downloaded it previously, please do so again. Thanks :) (preview is not changed)

End of Time is also done on page 11.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 22, 2003

deadpixel
Aug 5, 2001

Ask me about church burnings!
I'm working on a few from Castlevania: Bloodlines.

Sn0wMan
Apr 23, 2003

cwazy
Don't have the means to do it myself but a Ninja Gaiden wallaper would be :krad:

And this is by far my favorite thread!

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

I'm working on a map of Narshe from FF6. It's taking me awhile, because at the moment, the map's only about 1000x1000 pixels, and the designers were lazy around the non-visible portions of the map and just used repeating textures, which I have to fix to make it look good.

Sneak preview:
I'm doing south figaro right now. Actually it's mostly finished, but i'm not too sure on how to do repeating textures.

quote:

manwohat came out of the closet to say:
Anyone who gets a sonic one done...shall be getting a paypal. 1280x1024 preferably.
I'm on the case! Which sonic game do you prefer?

----------------

Marshall Banana fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 21, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Marshall Banana came out of the closet to say:

I'm doing south figaro right now. Actually it's mostly finished, but i'm not too sure on how to do repeating textures.

ctrl+c,ctrl+v,move,ctrl+e

and I'm still plugging away at the falls

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Incidentally, you inspired me to go get a MacAlly iShock2 just so I can waste all my free time playing emulators. MAME 4 LYFE!

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

quote:

I'm on the case! Which sonic game do you prefer?

1 or 2 please.

J3anyus
Feb 13, 2003
Working on a Toejam and Earl one right now. I'm rendering it at double-size with the 2xSAI engine, so the graphics are enhanced a bit. Just finished mapping out a whole level, now i need to run around, take screenshots, and put them together.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

Actually it's mostly finished, but i'm not too sure on how to do repeating textures.

I used Pattern Maker.

Copy as big a square of dirt/trees/whatever as you can from your main image.
Make a new, wallpaper-sized image
Paste in the square
Filters -> Pattern Maker
Pick the part with the texture
Hit "Generate"
Hit OK
Paste the main image over that

Your mileage may vary. Of course, it works better with smaller, "busy" textures than huge, repeating, individual trees.

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

ctrl+c,ctrl+v,move,ctrl+e

and I'm still plugging away at the falls
Ok, i'll try that now.

this is what i have so far btw.

http://www.adtrw.org/image/banana/southfigaro.png

----------------

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

quote:

J3anyus came out of the closet to say:
Working on a Toejam and Earl one right now. I'm rendering it at double-size with the 2xSAI engine, so the graphics are enhanced a bit. Just finished mapping out a whole level, now i need to run around, take screenshots, and put them together.

You sir would become my personal jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polygon_monkey
Nov 28, 2000

I'm Quadro-spazzed
on a life-glug.

quote:

Bah, I give up. Here is an Secret of Mana one. But there is certain sections that I couldn't walk to and take screenshots of. And than I didn't really know how to blend it into the background, so meh, half assed, if anyone wants the psd of the thing with the chopper layer of just the game without the cheesy background, my contact info is in my profile.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/morphix/som1600.jpg

I gave up on cybernator (drat parallax scrolling) and started on mana. I've been filling in the blanks the hardway. Could I nab some of this image as it will save me taking some caps. Zsnes keeps crashing on me :(

I was thinking of making a desktopey webpage. Maybe I could whip one up for this over the weekend. It's only 11.12pm after all.

polygon_monkey fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 21, 2003