Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Send a three ring binder with a hand drawn keyboard taped to the inside of the bottom flap, and a hand drawn screen taped to the inside of the top flap.

Crayon preferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Perfect.

And yes, if you write Notebook, then you're being honest with customs. That will make them happy.

As for the dollar amount, well, it is worth whatever the hell you say it is worth. After all, you've already agreed in the price with the buyer. Now ship that fine work of art so we can go back to anxiously waiting. Don't bother to weigh the thing down, just go with it as is. If you must, just add a piece of plywood to the box. 3-5 pounds is plenty. Duct tape it to the bottom. And remember. LOTS AND LOTS OF PACKING PEANUTS on top. Wouldn't want it to get damaged.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

quote:

liquorhead came out of the closet to say:
Legal concerns.
Given your own personal experience in the wonderful world of attempted overseas litigation, I would think you of all people would be the one with the least amount of concern that something bad might happen.

At worst, there will be a frightening looking letter, and official sounding phonecall, and much laughter and finger pointing from the other side of the ocean.

Besides. Why would the person using the fake escrow service and stolen accounts be someone who would have any real ability to use the law in this situation?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

A satisfying end. Even without pictures of the guy doing the pickup.

I just hope I come home from work to find a suitable epilogue to the whole event.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

What would make me laugh the hardest would be if Rhig were to make a composite sketch of the guy who made the pickup, and then had someone print out a couple dozen flyers that say "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?" at the bottom followed by "Ask me about my P-P-P-Powerbook" and the website link that details the entire adventure at the very bottom.

These could then be mailed out, or hung up if someone else feels like making one last trip to the area.