Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

Tyldak23 came out of the closet to say:
go to register at the site. It is supposedly a London based company and yet it only has American states and Canadian provinces for you to put into your address to sign up...
Looks like we've got them europeans whipped.

Also, voted 5. Keep those emails coming.

EDIT: Ask and ye shall receive. :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

Mayor Wilkins came out of the closet to say:
Tell him I just offered you $2300 for the laptop, in addition for paying for all escrow fees and shipping costs. Explain that you also are more inclined to trust me because I have the title of "Mayor" in my username, and obviously that means I'm the mayor of some city somewhere since people would never attempt to lie or defraud others over the Internet. Ask him if he wants to make a higher bid, see what he says.

quote:

pooper scooper came out of the closet to say:
Maybe there can even be a way to include aliens.. or government conspiracies..

I got it!!!!!!!!!

THE CIA WANTS THE LAPTOP. Why? I dont know, we can work on that.

I propose that we combine these two ideas; the mayor of the CIA needs it. Can't get much more reputable than that.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

duon came out of the closet to say:
Sending pee is illegal I believe. I remember in a thread that sending sperm in the mail was illegal, and I don't think pee is much different.

But what about vomit?

Also, don't put bees in there; they won't survive transit. Use some small, resilient animal, with some food supplies to get it through the trip. I'm thinking something along the lines of an iguana, along with the etch-a-sketch.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

RDevz came out of the closet to say:

Bags of sand, labelled "silicon chips to be"?
More like "silly con." :q:

quote:

Blaise came out of the closet to say:

May I ask what e/n stands for?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=50

Some say Entertainment/News, some say Everything/Nothing. I prefer the latter.

EDIT: Donated 1/2 of :10bux:. Don't spend it on booze or anything; I clearly designated in the subject line that it was to be spent on Goon Justice.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 27, 2004

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

vegaji came out of the closet to say:
God have mercy on my 4gb/month bandwidth limit.
You're missing the "FIREWIRE" pic.

EDIT: So, has this guy's account been deleted or suspended? If not, you may as well start planning your response for when he leaves negative "SCAMMER" feedback. Something like "Buyer wished to use a fraudulent escrow, outside of ebay. Reported him, and he was confirmed as a scammer. Sent him the "Powerbook" as a gag, afterwards. Ignore."

That should do it.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 28, 2004

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:

I decided not to do the thread idea. I doubt he would read it anyway.
There is still time to open the box back up and stick some nasty pictures in there.
Voting fiestacat.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

Schroe came out of the closet to say:
Wait for the London goon to take the digital photos and include a printout of the location it's being sent to.
That would be incredible.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

MrTeatime came out of the closet to say:
I like the way this looks:
Love it. Though, you should consider adding a thin black border, to sharpen up the image (like you did with the image for the "bravo leader" one).

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
No need to make it thicker; I think it works perfectly as a subtle touch.

Ultimately, though, the decision is in the hands of whoever's buying it.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

pooper scooper came out of the closet to say:

Find out the name of the owner of the shop. If it sounds strange, ask "Is that Italian, or Romanian?" If you get a positive, ask if this shop is also his home, or just a place to work. Casual barbershop conversation.

You will want to grab those IP addresses.. I recommend taking a floppy disk with a program like ALCHEMY Inventory that will dump EVERYTHING about the network and hardware into an HTML format. Alchemy works fast, and is an awesome prog, and can be found here: http://www.alchemy-lab.com/products/atn/

You will have all their network settings, everything. And you can remove it easily when you are done.

Oh, man. Your mission, should you choose to accept it... :cool:

Who will our operating agent be? Come on, British goons, here's your chance to be James Bond for a day!

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
That lazy fucker. Couldn't even be bothered to pay pennies for stolen goods. I agree that an indignant email is in order.

I've been following this thread since its inception, and I would just like to say that I'm proud to be here, and I'm proud of everyone involved in this. :911::britain:

RESPECT (of a total stranger on the internet)++

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

fuckingtest came out of the closet to say:
That sucks man, so what are you going to do know? Email the scammer and see what the deallie is? Have fedEx return it to you and pay the difference? Re-ship it to this fellow as a gift?

Im down for $10 bux if you owe any fees man, since I never got you the title I mentioned. Im sure if you owe anyone money you could get it back from everyone who enjoyed this thread.
I'll throw down, too. If he's really running away with his tail between his legs, I'm sure you could get a good auction going for the P-P-P-Powerbook among the goon community. I know I want it.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

quote:

Str8Dog came out of the closet to say:
MyNameIsJeff,

I could not help myself and bought he domain p-p-p-powerbook.com... Nothing there yet, but I will be glad to host any kind of write up you want to write there. Along with the better images...
Download the .rar archive, and keep it current. There should be plenty of fuel in there.

Also, maybe you can save room for an interview with/editorial from jeff, and a few lines here and there from the goons who contributed monetarily, creatively (pics/ideas), and physically (scouting out the site).

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Oh, man. It took a long time, but it's all well worth it. This resolution should be one of the higher points of my week; goddamn finals.

Now all that remains is the end closure dialogue between hero and villain and this thread can sleep the sleep of kings and saints in the goldmine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
I'm adding my voice to the "email or nothing" crowd; at this point, the best solution would be through an exchanged email or two. If he never sends one to Jeff, then let's call it a day (rather, call it three weeks).