Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Halvor
Aug 17, 2003
The black cards all look the same to me...

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:

One thing that sucks is, I don't get his replies 'till around 6am PST.

I'm kinda surprised nobody's caught this yet. I got to thinking about it, and 6am PST is 8am Central, which is about the time a professor would be rolling into his office to check his Yahoo email and see if that kid from Washington is falling for it or not.

edit: Yes, I have also considered that it also is 2pm GMT, or something. But, realistically, who checks his Yahoo mail at 2pm every day?

Halvor fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 26, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003
This is probably obvious to everyone else, and it probably doesn't even need to be said... fair warning, if anyone feels like reading further.

It's my guess that he probably gets people's passwords from anyone he can trick into using his "escrow" service. Most people who are dumb enough to fall for it will also be dumb enough to use the same username/password for everything, and so he can get their password from his bogus site, hack their email address, then go to the ebay account, enter the email address and say, "oops! Forgot my password! Can you send it to my email address? THX!"

I hope someone finds this guy and cockpunches him.

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003

quote:

Lytinwheedle came out of the closet to say:
Don't deliver this locally.

a) It might be dangerous.
b) By FedExing it to this guy, you are loving him out of $500 of tax that he will have to pay on the item. He pays and loses. If you deliver it personally, he'll just get a(n) (empty) box and that's it.

NOT an empty box. A Seattle phonebook, for weight.

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
(Its getting shipped - help from anyone or not so stay tuned)

Please don't ship from your real address... When he gets hosed over, just remember that he'll know where it was sent from.

edit: Naturally, I've been beaten in this sentiment.

Halvor fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 27, 2004

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003

quote:

Hamburglar came out of the closet to say:
I am seriously in tears here from laughing so hard. Your plan is completely brilliant.

You won't have a problem with customs opening up your package. At one point last year I sent THREE packages a day for 6 months straight without ever having one opened (selling band t shirts). Also he will gladly pay that tax fee to get that laptop. It's gold in so many ways.

But did you insure them for $2100?

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003
I want to send money, but I don't want you to have to refund it. If I see (after 3rd period of Red Wings game) that you haven't reached your total yet, I'd be happy to donate to the fund.

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003
Me is retarded.

Halvor fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 28, 2004

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003

quote:

Cheesemaster200 came out of the closet to say:

I have a gut feeling that he is going to be kinda pissed, and we all know how people vent their anger on the internet.

They write an angry letter to Lowtax to shut down SA? I know that's what I'd do, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halvor
Aug 17, 2003

quote:

Ionized came out of the closet to say:
Alright, so in the hypothetical situation that he DID read this...there are so many posts that I kinda doubt he'll know any specifics of what's going to happen. (just to put some of the stake-out people at ease).

Although it would kill the climax, and would suck, and my life would feel...incomplete.

I believe the very first post has updates as to where someone new to the thread can find important information.