Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
If there's anyone else up for it (don't want to go on my own :() I may be willing to hang around the delivery address, but that's dependent on the time of day. Adding my dollar's worth, too.

cell fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cell
Nov 25, 2003

quote:

Pipski came out of the closet to say:
OK, procured a cheap, utterly disposable 0.3MPx digital cam in my lunch hour. Will make the commute after work and see if I can find this place. Will take a few hours though. Hopefully will be able to post pics by 9pm GMT at the latest.

drat. Wish I'd read this in class instead of at home. Colindale is fairly close to where I go to college train-wise (Met Line to Northen Line at King's Cross), but I live quite a bit further away, so it's out of the question for me today. I'd have liked to tag along for this.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
I just called the place, and they said that our ringer will be scanned in around 4(PST)

So, assuming FedEx have a policy of shipping same day if the order is confirmed before 5pm, the package should arrive either Friday or Saturday. Depending on how accurate their tracking is, I think I might pay a visit to this internet cafe around the time of delivery. I mean, he's bound to open it behind the counter or whatever, right?

quote:

Edit Fast; Stop calling his phone! Ok its turned off thank god, dont ruin it just because you want to call the guy. What would you do if he did pick up? We have come so far.

Unfortunately, I think their phone will still show X amount of missed calls when they turn it back on.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

^^Hmm

quote:

Pipski came out of the closet to say:

On a practical note, if we're seriously going to stake this place out waiting for the delivery, then volunteers are going to be needed. It could be a long, dull job requiring shiftwork. Also, some quality equipment would be handy - digital camcorders, digital cams, parabolic / laser mics (jk) ... oh, and private transport would probably be a plus, in case, as has been suggested, chummie heads for the sorting office.

I wish I didn't have to be so dicey about this, but if the delivery date is on Friday, there's little I can help with. However, if it's Saturday I'm up for hanging around the area, even if I can't offer any kind of transportation.

So useless :(

cell
Nov 25, 2003

drat me and my college, I really wanted to be there... oh well, I guess important revision notes for my A2s would be a little stupid to miss, even for this awesomeness.

Great job, those who made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cell
Nov 25, 2003

quote:

rhig came out of the closet to say:
Awesomeness.

YES, finally. Well done and congratulations to rhig and everyone else involved. Now we just got to wait for the OMG WAHSTASNGASTAWAFGML email from Mr Scammy.