Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

I'd love to contribute but have no paypal account :(

But I wish you the best of luck and find your p-p-p-powerbook simply fantastic :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Ideas for avatar:

With the custom text "P-P-P-POWERBOOK!"

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

atomjack came out of the closet to say:
Jeff, why don't you let the amount go up to $90 so that you can get that custom avatar.

I'd be honoured if he did get it. I think it needs the text too though.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

So has it been sent, Jeff? This is far too fantastic.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

I'm glad you liked the avatar Jeff :)

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
When the lady asked me what the worth was, I said, $2000. She looked at me and said, "He will have to pay a lot for customs." I said, "I know."

Hahahahaha, this thread is just too good. Kudos my friend.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Posting while getting a hair cut?

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

What you are doing is fine, IMO. He's a scammer, he tried to rip you off. Unless he ACTUALLY sends you all the money (in which case you will feel the right boob) he can't possibly contact the police.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

In the event I actually get the money I will feel so bad I think I might actually fly out to London.

Personally I think the comedy value would sky rocket - but for your sake, I hope that doesn't happen.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

Schroe came out of the closet to say:
But what if he's just a scammer with a sense of humour and hangs it on his wall, content in that even though he's lost a bit of money on this job, he's already acquired much, much more?

We go to the next step: Offer him an account.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

lostsailor came out of the closet to say:
very much looking forward to the details of london goons doin the stakeout. this thread will reach super goldmine if someone posts some pics of this cock wrangler walking out to his mailbox to retrieve.

If in two to three days we have a few goons in the area, maybe two outside, two inside, equipped with Nikons and Canons, then this will truely be awesome. Video would be asking too much but...just the thought of it...

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Well I'm hoping that when he recieves his "free scammed powerbook" he won't wait till forever but open it up in the shop only mere minutes after FedEx leaves. That way the few lucky goons "surfing the cyber galaxy" or "getting their hair cut" can get a good glimpse. Maybe buy a few hours internet time and point a webcam at him?

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

smitz, I wish you all the best of luck.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

I think Jeff should email and say "what's going on? I cannot log on to the escrow website!" and act very innocent / worried about the whole affair. We can't afford to have Scammer get suspicious.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

You guys are probably right on the email. The delivery is only a day away now anyway and by the time he notices the escrow site is down, he probably already paid tax.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

DarkLotus came out of the closet to say:

The tax has nothing to do with the escrow site. No matter what happens, unless he finds out he is being shipped a fake laptop, he will pay that tax. He thinks he won and successfully scammed another ebayer.

I know this, I just meant to say, if he found out his fake escrow site had been pulled, he may have been suspicious and not wanted to pay the tax for the incomming "laptop"...that's all. :)

But I'm sure he won't connect the two together, AND has probably already paid FedEx the tax.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

gently caress, I have to go to bed, when I wake up tommorow morning it's straight off to work, I'll probably be turning my workstation on around 9:30 GMT which is seriously loving cool. No work done tommorow, I can guarentee it. gently caress deadlines.

Oh, and if my company firewall decides to randomly block SA tommorow (like it has done before) I will quit and move to england to hang out with Pipski & Smitz. They are :coal:

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

cplhades came out of the closet to say:
I sent Starbucks a good luck text message 15 minutes ago.

Same. I spent 10 minutes on my cellphone trying to find the "<" character to make a "<3 from Yossarko" but I couldn't find it.

Also, a txt msg from france to england, does it cost more than a regular txt? I honestly don't care, just interested (for future messages).

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

No matter what happens, this was still an awesome thread. Nothing will detract the coolness of this thread (except if Starbucks, Jeff or someone dies) it can only get better or ... stop. I'd like nothing more than a real GOON VICTORY for this thread complete with photos and long stories about the crazy barber, but if it all falls to poo poo, remember all the fun we've had these 35 odd pages and just Goldmine the fucker. I personally wouldn't want to see an aditional 30 pages of ANTI CLIMAX "oh sucks it fell to poo poo" posts.

On a lighter note, i DO think this will work. I really see no reason why the p-p-p-powerbook wouldn't get delivered.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

YES! HAHA this is AWESOME

CURSE my drat workstation and the lack of IRC! Curse it to hell!

Good going guys can't wait for photos!

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

ZeromusMog came out of the closet to say:
If this is annoying I'll remove it later, but for those of you not on IRC...

Do not remove it, it is Something Awful History.

I'm still confused about some things - did the guy open the package? It IS 100% sure it's the p-p-p-powerbook package right? But it didn't get opened yet? Or it has...or you don't know?

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

^^^^YAY! It works, awesome :)

Any screen grabs from the webcam feed?

Yossarko fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 30, 2004

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

It didn't work for me so I downloaded it and ran it off computer - it worked!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

So - has the package been opened? Any news on that? I am eating away my entire lunch hour here - someone give me an update! :)

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Apologies to Starbucks for bombarding him with "GOOD WORK GOON!" txt messages, but I had to leave for lunch and I wanted to somehow still be apart of the action. If Starbucks could let me know if he recieved them that would be awesome, as each txt to england only cost normal price.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

1badkarma came out of the closet to say:
Holy poo poo!
Hold on, the FedEx dude is carrying two packages? One seems too small to fit a P-P-P-Powerbook, the other one is waaayy too big.
Checked FedEx Tracking and it didn't say that Delivery has occurred? Maybe this isn't our package guys.

Jeff already confirmed that what we see here IS the powerbook, in the bigger white box. So everything has gone according to plan. Now we just wait for Angry Romanian to send his email.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

It doesn't matter, it's been delivered and we have pictures of the guy / shop / truck.

I am seriously SLOLing at the thought of when Mr Scammer sees the screensavers and realises that the guys who outscammed him were in his shop under his nose THAT VERY MORNING.

Also, he's probably been gloating to his friends about how he 'totally PWNED' some american kid out of a laptop. Oh, this is too much.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Stealing laptops and murdering two people for 'changing the screensaver at a cyber café' are two very different things. But, if the off chance that our english heroes to get offed, they will die knowing they are Legendary Goons.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

Starbucks came out of the closet to say:

This is the best one and needs to be sent to the scammer by email later on, just to gently caress with him some more. But we need to photoshop in some SWAT team and maybe turn a neon side on his window to "BUY / SELL Powerbooks here!".

I also like the blurry pavement.

Yossarko fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 30, 2004

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

quote:

my new title makes me sad.

Me too. I spent a lot of time and effort and that P-P-P-Powerbook avatar. well, not really, but it was made with Goon Love.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

I also giggle with glee now that our mark has replied and the p-p-p-powerbook is back in buisness.

It's been ONE WEEK, though. An entire one week delay. Makes you wonder why he wanted the powerbook delivered overnight, doesn't it?

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

What you are forgetting, Vince McMahon, is that it does not end at the p-p-p-powerbook. Once the fun and games are over, all evidence and information will be given to the police.

That, my friend, is where he stops finding it amusing.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Well, it's friday in england now. I'm in France and it's 10:03am. I hope it is delivered today, I don't feel like waiting another weekend.

I guess there is no recon team for today? Or monday? Or maybe due to GBS being open, it is being discussed outside of the forums? If anyone could fill me, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Anyway, I too am eagerly awaiting conclusion, and let us all pray to the goon god that this goes off ok.

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Photos are a must, rhig! Use their webcams if you have to. Don't worry about showing us the photos until you get home, as long as we HAVE some photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

Good work, rhig!!! Hahaha, this is most excellent!