Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

quote:

Sputnik came out of the closet to say:
Though it's been shown a few times above, I just checked the VeriSign directory and that site's not signed up (obviously). Who would you report that to? VeriSign directly? Or could they not do anything?
They don't want scammers sullying their good name. The entire VeriSign business is based on the simple assertion that "if the page has our logo on it, you can trust it". Report the site to VeriSign, and the seller to eBay.

As for what you should reply to him... if you can spoof emails, send him a nasty warning letter from cybercrime@fbi.gov or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

quote:

P-niiice came out of the closet to say:
Could it be this Saral Surakul?

http://www.indstate.edu/fcs/facprof_surakul.html

Indiana State university is in Terra Haute.
It's him. After checking mapquest and the ISU webpage, I found out that the given address for the web page (851 Foxcrest Court # A) is about 4 1/2 miles away from Indiana University (probably less, I was measuring to the visitor's parking lot). Maybe somebody should let ISU know what one of their professors is doing?

Oh, and is anyone else having lsass flashbacks? 3/17 NEVAR FORGET!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

7.62WorldOrder came out of the closet to say:
For someone who lives in the UK he sure has poor English skills. Sounds more like Engrish.
Read the thread, man. He teaches Interior Design at Indiana State University.

Jeff, you can reach him by telephone. Check http://web.indstate.edu/fcs/facstaff.html for his name, and they've got a phone number listed there. I won't post it here, but if you want it... that's how to find the number.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:

Thanks! I think I will contact
Dr. Frederica Kramer

Chairperson, Professor, Teacher Education
You think she wants an iBook too? :confused:

Seriously, though, go for it, and enjoy. I just love watching yet another rear end in a top hat who tried to gently caress the goons get speed-hacked and have his life's details laid bare. :)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

FunkyBunny came out of the closet to say:
The question is, should we gently caress with him now?
Ehhh, it's a minor infraction. Let Jeff have his fun, there's no need for the rest of us to jump in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

FunkyBunny came out of the closet to say:
Fraud is a minor infraction now?
Bald-faced fraud that was never that believable, with such piss-poor security that we waltzed through it in less than ten minutes? It's hardly an lsass situation. It's not minor for Jeff, which is why I'm providing him every tool of revenge I can. For the goons at large, it's a minor thing. One of our own was hosed with, we hosed back harder, game over. No need for everyone to jump in and start making threatening phone calls, is what I was trying to say.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

withak came out of the closet to say:
Or the information could be fake and the professor guy could have nothing to do with it.
Decent point, but if somebody did just pick a name and address out of the phone book, the guy needs to know about the identity theft. Either way him and Jeff have to have a talk.

Jeff, would you mind posting the original "buyer"'s email address, so we can see what can be dug up from it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

evilweasel came out of the closet to say:

Professors in the United States speak better english than whoever wrote that email.
Not ones who hail from Thailand. Read the man's profile.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jeff, that makes no sense. Does he have three pieces of feedback, all left by himself, or 265? Or 25? And how does any of that make it not the professor?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
Anyone care to see?
Yeah. At least a couple people are confused right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

CanSpice came out of the closet to say:

His username and the usernames in his feedback are ****'ed out because of European privacy laws.
Ah! That makes sense.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

Mayor Wilkins came out of the closet to say:
Tell him I just offered you $2300 for the laptop, in addition for paying for all escrow fees and shipping costs. Explain that you also are more inclined to trust me because I have the title of "Mayor" in my username, and obviously that means I'm the mayor of some city somewhere since people would never attempt to lie or defraud others over the Internet. Ask him if he wants to make a higher bid, see what he says.
I'll bid $5 over anything the "Mayor" there goes, just because Captains > Mayors.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I really hope that there's goons there taking pictures when the guy opens it, for more reasons than comedy value.

As soon as Goon Justice is dispensed, it's time for Real Justice, I think. Turn this entire thread, all your emails, the url of the fake escrow site, and the pictures of the guy opening the box over to the FBI. Enjoy resuling arrest warrants. The FBI eats people who commit mail fraud for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Heh, I'm sitting here just being madly amused at what a bit of hacking on page 1 turned into. Somebody really does need to call that professor and tell him about the identity theft, y'know...