Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades
Whats going to be funny is if the scammer tries to sell the fake laptop on Ebay.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

TheRedEye came out of the closet to say:
Losing soldiers in the line of duty comes with the territory. Smitz knew this. If his lifeless, razorburned body wasn't slumped against a wall in one of the many elaborate catacombs of 9B, he'd tell us he had no regrets, and that we shouldn't either.

He was a good man, and one of our most valued operatives. He had total faith in these forums, and I'm positive that his final act was not submitting to The Barber's aftershave-on-open-wounds torture.

Let both his life and death be an inspiration for us all. :britain:
:( :( :britain: :britain:

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Landrobot came out of the closet to say:
ah, yes, I deal with customs all the time. They'll probably open it, declare it not worth $2k, and move it on its way. But, depending on the agents, it could be up to 5 days delayed. It won't be seized, just delayed. Or maybe released same day as most packages are. Don't worry about it mang.

prolly should of declared it at $5 USD, and had it go on its way. hehehe next time eh?

EDIT: poo poo, you should probably get a snap-shot of the UK Customs agent opening up the box. I can see it now, "What the bloody hell is this wicked dolly-wolly?!?" LOLLLOLOLOLLL roofles11!
I can't see what right customs has in declaring a value of an item. How can they possibly know the value of collectibles, art, and crap? I mean, we are talking about an authentic signed MyNameIsJeff 3-ring notebook here. To them it might be a heaping pile of crap, but to some it might be considered priceless art. "The Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay" is hopefully just standard procedure for every package.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

kiimo came out of the closet to say:

maybe I am wrong but I don't think I have seen enough evidence that this guy would have been tipped off that something is going on enough to be inclined to go to sa and purchase an account on the hunch that the guy who is selling a notebook is actually part of a forum conspiracy to send him hilarity and scope his joint out when it arrives.

I think the chances are significantly higher that some douchebag with a working knowledge of Romanian is trying to be clever.
If you look at it from the scammer's point of view, you might see it as your website seeing thousands of referals from SA, then your site is suddenly taken offline. I think you might be a little inclined to see whats going on over there. Lets hope its just a matter of coincidence. I really hope a mod can look into this matter a little more deeper.

Edit: Uk Goons... its 6 am: Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey

Bluecobra fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 30, 2004

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

chizarlie came out of the closet to say:
On the links posted before, the delay lasted 3 days.... I REALLY REALLY hope that this one doesn't last that long..
Lets hope not. According to Fedex: "Time-definite delivery typically in 1- 3 business days. Reach major cities in Europe by 10:30 a.m. typically in 2 business days." So hopefuly the service level of this package will mean that its expidited in customs.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

ineffable_moose came out of the closet to say:
the forums are not publicly viewable. any time you follow a link to the forums it asks you to log in or to purchase an account. i havent looked for his post yet - but i believe avatars are extra - someone said he had one - why would he pay the extra money for an avatar?
In a standard account, you are given an free option to type something under your username. If you don't type anything in that box, you end up with the stupid newbie avatar.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Starbucks came out of the closet to say:
okay reading this thread is difficult. i need the address STAT
Here's a map for 9B Valley Parade.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The supense is boiling... FedEx only has 3 1/2 hours to meet the 12pm estimated delivery date.

Edit: Shouldn't the package be on the truck now?

Bluecobra fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 30, 2004

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

Webcam video!
Not sure how long this one is going to last on my presonal webspace.
Edit: taken down because there is an animated gif now.

Bluecobra fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 30, 2004

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

How long does it take for the Fedex thing to update? Its been 17 hours since the delivery took place.
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&ascend_header=1&cntry_code=us&initial=x&mps=y&tracknumbers=846563452310

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

toolboi came out of the closet to say:
Have you thought about emailing him saying something along the lines of that you are waiting and are starting to get worried, and if you dont get a response you will have no choice but to contact the police. Anything to get a response from him.
Yes, and we can sweeten the pot by presenting him with all the info we know about him so far, including pictures.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

BonziBUDDY came out of the closet to say:
I think if you replied with simply a picture of the barber shop to him that'd be so loving hilarious. He'd probably be scared shitless and shoot himself.
That is loving brilliant. Jeff, you must include this picture in the haha email.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

liquorhead came out of the closet to say:

Understood, but he didn't sell a work of art, he sold a computer.
Depends on what your defination of a "laptop computer" is.

lap·top adj.
1. of a size and design that makes operation and use on one's lap convenient

I would say that fits the description of a 3 ring binder.

com·put·er n.
1. a device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machine that performs high-speed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information

We can say that the our 3 ring processes paper.

Really, we need to drop all this talk about mail fraud. Customs has no right to determine the artistic/sentimental of something if it isn't insured. If your pissy about the item description, then according to FedEx/UK he mistakenly didn't label it as art.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

^^^^^^^^^Beaten like a Venezuelan hooker.

quote:

liquorhead came out of the closet to say:

Did you expect a Sunday delivery?
What the hell are you talking about? May 10, 2004 is Monday.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Twisted Echidna came out of the closet to say:
Did it clear customs? It's possible it was held there.
I can't even find the words to explain this degree of trolling.

Edit: Godspeed tomorrow, UK Goon Recon Team.

Bluecobra fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 11, 2004

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Schroe came out of the closet to say:
May 10, 2004 10:19 pm Package status STANSTED GB In transit in destination country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

On an unrelated note, I whipped up an entry for this week's Photoshop Phriday, using this thread as the theme.