Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

Only just saw this thread. I DEMAND at least some of the things suggested here be done. Seriously, it can't be that hard to find some London Goons willing to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

poo poo. I have to leave for nine hours soon.

Attn: Lowtax

Requesting SA "live update" service whereby I can get SMSed vital information regarding goon adventures.

[Edit] Also, this thread will be made into a major motion picture which will win four Academy Awards.

Lucifer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 29, 2004

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

1- Someone should call up and ask for an estimate on the delay. I don't know if FedEx can give that information, but someone needs to try.

2- Make sure you have someone at the FedEx place. I know the chances of identifying the package are slim, but at least you'll have that base somewhat covered.

Good luck all.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

[edit] I should have just assumed I'd be beaten.

Yes, Jeff identified it.

Also, ELeeming, I think you just got the numbers wrong. THe second last one could be an O/0.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

OK, so the barber signed for the package with the scammer's name. I think we still need to rule out the possibility that the barber actually IS the scammer. I think someone should call the barbernet shop, say, posing as an angry customer.

"I'm not happy. I want to talk to the owner. What's you name?" etc.

Or, if the the barber isn't the owner, ask for the barber's name.

I would do it if it weren't for my fairly strong Australian accent and the fact that the call would cost me so goddamn much :(.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

IndyPunkOne came out of the closet to say:
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

PACKAGE JUST RELEASED FROM CUSTOMS, I REPEAT IT HAS BEEN RELEASED

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
Still listed as delayed for me.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

I'm in favour of talking to the media as soon as possible, but making sure Scammer McScamster doesn't get tipped off.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

Re-voicing my suggest that someone get the name of the barber before this poo poo goes down.

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Landrobot came out of the closet to say:

"JEAN CLIMAX" !!!
hahahawtf?

seriously, am I the only one that thinks that's a strange name for a barber shop... only in England...

plus, all those signs on the storefront look like complete rear end.
Surely that isn't the name of the man himself. I refuse to believe that anyone has the last name 'Climax'. Still, we should find out the names of the other employees too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifer
Mar 23, 2004

Throwing :10bux: to the goon who gets video of the real delivery.