Welcome to the Firing Range!
Thread Tag Guidelines:
Most of the tags are easy to understand but I'll go over them anyway.
This is for product/gun reviews and all your lovely range reports.
Airsoft, I think...
Don't freeze 'em, don't squeeze 'em.
Make living things dead.
Surplus? drat near killed him. For all your old-rear end military/C&R info needs.
Food for fought. Covers all aspects of ammo including loading, ballistics and magazines.
Tricky one. Covers double duty, use it for all of your SHTF/world's a'ending scenarios and it can be used for repair/kb issues. It's a funny tag but let's not try and run it into the ground.
Covers general CCW stuff including legal questions and things like "Which gun would best fit in that little pocket on my jeans?", feel free to use it for other self/home-defense issues as well.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX? No really, use it for box threads OR ELSE.
Here come the RULES:
1. As one would expect, no titty or dick pictures. Link any NWS material.
2. This is not a place for you to buy/sell your firearms. UPDATED: ANY ITEMS FOR SALE MUST BE POSTED IN SA MART. You may post a link to said SA Mart thread, don't get stupid bumping it if no one wants your poo poo. Obviously, you cannot sell guns on SA Mart, don't PM us asking "Why not?". IF you have a gun for sale on another forum, you may mention it but actual sales talk must occur elsewhere. If you post a thread offering "free" poo poo minus shipping/handling? It's not free and it's no longer allowed. We can no longer allow new group buy stuff in here. I'm not sure if it can done in SA Mart, if not, too bad. Ballistic Santa or whatever is okay but here's the general thing- if it involves money going from one party to another, you can no longer discuss it in TFR. Bad apples and all that.
3. There is no rule 3.
4. Gun control debate is a touchy subject and I think it best belongs in the Debate And Discussion forum. This also means that I do not want to see "guns==tiny penis" type posts here either. If cold steel is on your phallic agenda, take it elsewhere. However, discussion about specific laws that affect gun owners are welcome, as long as the participants don't get out of hand.
5. I think gun owners are a pretty passionate bunch, devotion to things is common, be it brand, model or caliber. This also can lead to some negative behavior. Feel free to debate the merits of something, but let's not call someone a "Fuckity Dumb Cuntcookie" when they say they like something you don't. This can also be extended to reactions towards gun newbies. Everyone has to start somewhere and as much as we all hate it when someone calls a magazine a clip, don't come down on them too hard. Also, see new rule #9.
6. If your only firearms "experience" has been in videogames, your best bet would be to lurk before posting. Counterstrikery is one of the highest crimes of the land, consider this fair warning.
7. Cut out all the "TFR GOONS NEEDED IN THREAD/FORUM/PORTAPOTTY!" crap. Consider this: No anti-gun posters can go "QUICK, ALL GUN-GRABBER GOONS NEED TO REPORT TO THE FIRING RANGE!" because ownership/gun debate isn't allowed in here and the range is not going to be some kind of off-limits staging ground for stupid arguments. We're here to talk about how much we enjoy firearms and all the goodies that go with them, not to discuss how you're going to discuss gun discussions that are taking place elsewhere.
8. Zombies. Goddamn zombies. Guess what... they're not real. The dead will not walk and we do not need three weekly threads discussing how much of a boner shooting a corpse would give you. Besides, everyone knows that the real threat comes from rogue unicorns.
10. I'm tired of seeing stupid anime poo poo posted in here either jokingly or seriously. Don't post it. Yes, I know they make some weird poo poo. Hooray! 97% of Japan's media production is squarely aimed at freaking out foreigners and having them post gifs of it all over the goddamned internet. Stop it.
11. If anyone posts a thread titled "F*ck the Haters [IMG Heavy]", they have to give me the gun featured in that thread.
1. What about hunting?
Hunters are welcome here, and people baiting and trolling their posts will not be tolerated. I also welcome all forms of hunting discussion here, just because it's the "gun forum" doesn't mean that you can't discuss bows. Feel free to post stories about your big hunts and adventures. Now, the rules about posting pics of dead/maimed animals applies here. You may link to them, but be sure to mark them as NWS. I also don't want discussions about non-sport/food killing. If you hunted down cat and her kittens and killed them all, that's your deal. I don't want to hear about it and neither does anyone else.
2. Camping/Survival gear
Camping stuff is pretty cool, sleeping bags, tents, those little water filter units and so on. Hardcore survival gear is kinda weird. If you want to show us what you're wearing for the end of the world, that's fine but expect us to point, laugh and maybe gas.
Topics involving these kinds of guns are just dandy, feel free to discuss motor mods and how much frozen paintballs hurt. I do request that people play nice. If you think activity "x" sucks, refrain from telling everyone else. Also, as a matter of gun forum etiquette, if you post your airsoft weapons outside of an airsoft thread, be kind and label them as such. Dishonesty is a poor foundation and with some of the gun gurus we have here, they can spot airsoft a mile away and then we'll make fun of you.
4. Other weapons
Eh, if it can kill or maim, it's fair game I suppose.
Lincoln`s Wax fucked around with this message at Jan 13, 2013 around 17:31
|# ? Apr 23, 2004 20:49|
|# ? May 25, 2013 16:50|
PS: NO ZAKALWES ALLOWED
Lincoln`s Wax fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2007 around 00:10
|# ? Oct 10, 2006 04:13|
|# ? Nov 13, 2006 07:12|
That didn't turn out the way I thought it would.
Lincoln`s Wax fucked around with this message at May 4, 2011 around 08:08
|# ? Jul 18, 2010 00:21|
Gonna try this Desert Eagle thing again- do not let me down.
|# ? Nov 23, 2010 06:10|