Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody
Jul 25, 2000
Directed by: Rob Reiner aka Marty Di Bergi
Starring: Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer

Okay, I've labelled this as a documentary only because there isn't an option for ROCKumentary.

This classic 1984 film follows the British heavy metal band Spinal Tap as they prepare to launch their now infamous self-titled "black album" on the American market. After such critically acclaimed albums as Shark Sandwich the band must resurrect their career with a tour of the US to introduce the audience to an inspirational repertoire of songs including Big Bottom, Stonehenge and the always profound Sex Farm.

This Is Spinal Tap captures more than it set out to do, as it witnesses the perils and complexities of life on the road testing the band members' dedication. They endure such obstacles as labyrinthine backstage areas, record company censorship, disinterested audiences, malfunctioning stage props, management disputes and tiny sandwiches. Whether they overcome these obstacles I won't say, but I'll mention that my favourite moment involves the band's big breakthough as the opening act for a puppet show.

The DVD release is especially valuable for those of us who grew up watching copies of copies of VHS copies, as it includes the original band members reflecting on times gone by in the audio commentary. Not to mention the entire second DVD full of deleted scenes, film clips and interviews.

I've voted this a five only because the votes don't go up to eleven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU