Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spider Jerusalem
Mar 27, 2002

quote:

Cabbit came out of the closet to say:
There's not much I can say about this movie that hasn't already been said with a number of humorous quotes.
But that's part of the problem. I sat to watch it with some guys who were huge fans, and I'd already heard half of the funny bits before the movie started. (The whole "...goes to eleven" joke was repeated endlessly, and it wasn't the first time I'd heard it anyway.)

I also kind of got bored by the whole concept well before the end. Like, yeah, we get it, it's a documentary about a heavy metal band but it's actually a parody, ha ha, do we really have to sit through another hour?

It did have its moments, though. The lyrics to the songs were excellent--in that they were completely ridiculous and yet they didn't sound much different from "real" rock lyrics (which, I guess, tells you everything you need to know about heavy metal lyrics.) I also liked how they set up Hubbins and Nigel in their performances--it's like they're playing and singing two completely different songs, and they just happen to be on stage at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU