Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ample pantage
Dec 2, 2003
One of my picks for best movie in the last few decades, if not history of cinema.

The acting from both primary and supporting actors is fantastic--most especially Morgan Freeman, whose voice carries weight and beauty as he narrates the scenes inside Shawshank. It does an excellent job of showing the misery of prison while at the same time giving scenes here and there a comedic touch--scenes that might not have been funny outside of a such a movie, but which resonate well here.

The last forty or so minutes, in my opinion, are some of the best ever captured on film--from the plot to the acting to the score, the feeling it gives to the audience that suffered along with Andy and Red is incredible. Uniquely and ultimately satisfying, and a movie I could (and have) watched over and over.

5.5/5; best drama I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU