Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PictishSexBomb
Mar 15, 2004

by elpintogrande
The interesting thing about this film is that there are no female leads or supporting cast whatsoever. I wrote my film class final paper on the masculine imagery in the film and what exactly Darabont was trying to say. I forget most of it now of course, and there is the fact that it's set in a prison so that is a logical construction. But every girl I know says "Yeah, it's a good movie." and most guys I know always state "BEST FILM EVER MADE, NO QUESTION." You can call it sentimental, but I think Shawshank is more macho than Rambo could ever be. I'm getting Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying tattooed across my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU