Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DukeRustfield
Aug 6, 2004
5. Great great movie. I remember having a recap of the year's movies and which failed for why. Quiz Show was cited because no one could understand the poster. And Shawshank was cited because the title was too confusing. But then it went on to get a lot of awards nods and I suspect did pretty well. I saw it only made like $35MM in the theaters, so that ain't much. But t.v., dvd it's done well.

I love the concept of institutionalized. I think it's very true. There was a scene in the script that didn't make it to film (as I recall). Where Morgan was in the grocery store and had to escape to the bathroom and close himself in the stall. The open spaces were too intimidating for him and he needed the tiny space to feel okay.

One of the best prison movies in a long line of prison movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU