Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jules24
Dec 25, 2004
Boy Howdy! What a great xmas present!
Shawshank is a good movie, but it does have some problems that need to be addressed. Many people believe it to be the best adaptation of a Steven King novel. I found Stand By Me and Misery both to be better conversions to film. I also felt that the film didn't really try for much. Nothing really new about it. Sure, the ending was great, but I could name two dozen other movies with better, stronger endings (The Usual Suspects, Paths of Glory, Pulp Fiction, Taxi Driver, Hero, and High Noon come to mind), and fifty just overall better movies. There's a reason this one made AFI's list of 400 nominations, but couldn't cut it for the 100 best of all time.

4/5

Good, but overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU