Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
Directed by: Steven Brill
Starring: Adam Sandler

This movie, as you probably know, is the store of Nicky (Sandler), the son of Satan (Dangerfield). When Nicky's two evil brothers, Cassius (Lister) and Adrian (Ifans) decide to visit Earth and start their own Hell, Nicky's father begins to melt away. It up to the "good guy", Nicky, to go to Earth and stop Adrian and Cassius. Along the way he meets a variety interesting characters: his mentor Mr. Beefy the dog (voice: Smigel), a girl named Valerie (Arquette), his gay roommate named Todd (Covert), and two metalheads named Peter (Dante) and John (Loughran).

While Sandler fans seem to hate this movie, I thought it was pretty funny. Todd and Peter were awesome, and watching Adam Sandler being taught how to eat chicken by a dog made be chuckle. The movie seemed a bit too long, however, and while the beginning and middle of this movie was entertaining, the ending never kept me interested.

3.5/5. It's worth seeing but not excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I saw this in the theater the night it came out. The first time I saw it I enjoyed it but having watched it recently it almost hurts to watch. If you're up for showing you're kids something trendy and funny, go for it.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I am a big fan of this movie, I know that a lot of people poo poo on it... and it's deserved... but it was a different type of Sandler movie and I just found it hilarious.

Kevin Nealand's small roll should be enough for everyone...

3/5

guntotingnun
May 16, 2003
I thought this movie was awful. I liked Sandler's other movies, but felt this one was horrible. The voice he used the entire movie was grating, and the jokes weren't very creative or funny.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I think the text outro about Nicky's friends dying was worth the rental. Overall an average movie.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
I thought the movie was pretty cool, although it doesn't really stand up to Sandler's previous efforts in Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, etc. It had it's funny moments though... I think it deserved a 3/5.

Milkman Spawn
Jul 30, 2003
Nuts N' Gum, together at last!
I used to really like Adam Sandler, but after seeing the Waterboy I began to doubt his funniness. When I saw Little Nicky, which probably stands as the stupidest movie I have ever seen, I felt that Sandler wasnt funny anymore and that he was just using the same stupid nonsensical crap comedy as always, only much much worse in said movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

"Popeye's chicken is loving awesome!" - Nicky

Sums up my feelings on this movie. 12/12.