Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
Directed by: Blake Edwards (of Pink Panther fame)
Starring: Peter Sellers

A bumbling* Indian actor is accidentally invited to a high society party.

Lots of slick 60s clothing and decor and activism.

Quite slow paced, until the end when things speed up and become ridiculous. There are lots of subtle bits of humour, and some of the jokes take a long while to be performed. If you're looking for quick jokes involving farts or lewd comments, then you're not going to find this movie funny at all. But if you don't mind waiting five minutes while Peter Sellers runs out of hands while trying to pass a telephone to someone else, then you'll enjoy this.

The scene in the toilet is incredibly funny - no flatulence involved here.

* I see someone on the IMDB used the same word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artard
Sep 11, 2001
The Party is my second favorite Peter Sellers movie, after A Shot in the Dark. Rated 5.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER.

Harrie RumRum

Animaniac
Jul 14, 2003

Take a good look at the men and women that stand next to you. Remember their faces. For one day you will tell your children that you served with such men and women.
Birdie NumNum?

smirkingrevenge
May 8, 2004
Furries: The Other White Meat
If you have some kind of attention span it is definitely worth a watch.

Does anyone else notice how Peter Seller's tie changes lengths throughout the movie? And I absolutely love that house.