Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
Directed by: Dwight H. Little
Starring: Donald Pleasence, Ellie Cornell, Danielle Harris, George Wilbur

10 Years have passed since the horros of Halloween 1 and 2. A lot has happened, Laurie has died and left behind a young daughter, Jamie (Harris), who is haunted by dreams of her uncle. Michael himself is alive, and while been moved from his current asylum, he awakes from his sedated state and makes his way back to his hometown. Jamie's nightmares soon become a reality when she and her "sister" Rachel are stalked by Haddonfields most infamous killer.

After the disappointment of Halloween III, the heads of the Halloween Franchise realized that they needed to bring Michael back into the picture. Overall, I think it was a big success. The acting isn't as great, but drat, it sure is great to get Michael back. Also, I should note that I usually dislike a lot of child actors in starring roles; However, I think Danielle Harris did a great job. This is easily one of the best sequels in the franchise.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
it's sad that this and the first one are as good as the series ever got. i always want to like Halloween more than I possibly could. this is a lot of exactly the same stuff you could see in the first and second films--the myers manhunt, the multiple homicides, etc. Pleasence as that goofball Loomis is the highlight of the movie. there's also a slightly clever ending that doesn't really make sense but if you're still watching these movies after myers survived getting blown up then i don't think any kind of realism is what you're looking for.

i agree with the friend who suggested i see this--they could have walked away from the series after this one and come out fairly unscathed.

Kaiju
Mar 19, 2003

HEINEKEN!?! FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!
Sorry. I have to be the dissenting opinion on this one. The original Halloween is a classic, but the unfortunate side effect of horror movies in the 80's was that the popular face killers had to have a million sequels that never did anything to advance the mythology. Friday and Nightmare were guilty of carbon copying the previous installments without doing much in terms of storytelling, but the Halloween sequels were guilty of a much more heinous crime. They made the mythology as retarded as possible with each new movie. Halloween 4 may not be as bad as Halloween 6, but it's one of way too many sequels in that particular franchise. Had I been John Carpenter, I'd have worked out a deal that stymied any attempt to sequelize the movie past Halloween 2, which is the most passable of all the sequels.

There's just nothing that makes this movie anything special. Of the dozens of stalk and slash pictures that came from that era, this has nothing about it that sets it apart from any of the dozens of knife movies. What's worse is that it was made at a time when the entire slasher subgenre was running out of steam financially. Why spend your money on this one, a relatively bloodless entry when you could spend your theater dollar on the balls-out gore of Robocop?

In retrospect, it still doesn't hold any sort of mythology value as it's really just a carbon copy of parts 1 and 2, only this time with a little girl in place of Jamie Lee Curtis. The twist ending is also a near complete rip off of Friday the 13th Part 4.

It's just one horror fiend's opinion, but I had to go ahead and stab this turd with a 1.