Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkyheadhunter
Aug 1, 2003

A lot of people think a lot of things about Louisiana.
there's always dissention within the regime.

I liked it, not as much as the first one but then again, most people come into a sequel thinking "OMG IT'S GONNA RAPE LIKE THE FIRST ONE DID HARDCORE" which most of the time is unreal expectations. Let's face it BR1 rocked rear end, not because it was SOOO GOooOOOd acting and the greatest character building ever, but because it was an all new movie with kick rear end killing and a sweet rear end plotline to follow. Of course most people treat this just like the matrix sequels, which is pretty stupid to me. You go in expecting the same kick assness which is obviously inflated overtime and while anticipating the movie your ideals of what it will be keep growing.

All-in-all it's a good movie, they took BR1 one step further, I thought it was conceivable because did anyone else see the end of BR1? They were fugitives right? OK so now they're terrorists for blowing up buildings... wow seems like a pretty decent explanation there, and something I could follow with relative ease. If you come in expecting BR1 then obviously that's not what you're going to get.

If you buy into the movie and don't treat it like "OMFG THIS ISN'T HOW BR1 WENT!" then you'll enjoy it, if you come in expecting the greatest movie ever (which br1 is up there for me) you'll obviously be let down... what the hell do you expect a brand new story with amazing plot twists and 100 insane deaths with scythe's and grenade launchers etc? That was already done in BR1, and if that's what BR2 was you'd all be complaining about how it was just the same thing over again.

Conclusion: No, not the best movie, I enjoyed it though. Of course I wasn't expecting it to be another BR1, which blew me away when I saw it.

oh yeah = 4.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU