Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Directed by: Mark S. Waters
Starring: Monica Potter, Freddie Prinze Jr., Shalom Harlow

In this romantic comedy, Amanda (Monica Potter) is a young, single woman who after discovering her boyfriend with another woman, moves into an apartment shared with several fashion models (Shalom Harlow, Sara O'Hare, China Chow, Ivana Milicevic and Tomiko Fraser).

One day, she meets a dashing young man (Freddie Prinze Jr.) who turns out to have a nearby apartment that her roomates find out to be close enough to see into. However, as they continue to spy on Amanda’s new flame, they are shocked to find him with another woman, only to soon catch him killing her right before their eyes… or so they think.

I was forced to watch this movie once.

I thought it was loving awful and I hated it.

Starting with a premise that admittedly could’ve had some potential in the hands of a talented writer and director, Head Over Heels gives it a formulaic story with wildly inappropriate twist and turns and dumps in a number of stereotypes too dumb to try even force a fake laugh from me with their “cute” antics. Potter is bland and I don’t even think Prinze Jr. even attempted to try to act.

And need I mention the movie’s “surprise” revelation that Freddie Prinze Jr’s character is an undercover FBI agent, exposed in a scene where he stops a gangster with a throwing knife no less, that comes so far out of left field I actually thought it must surely be a dream sequence? Yes I do, because at that point the movie somehow keeps getting stupider and more moronic.

I am not a fan of this movie.

Of course women, the film's primary audience, may think differently, so if you’re one of them your mileage may vary.

1/5

PROS: Monica Potter and the models are quite attractive.
CONS: Pretty much everything else in this movie.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192111/

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I thought this movie was fun to watch. Yes, a bit silly, but it was intended to be lke that. Monica and the models were hot.

4/5