Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Directed by: John Woo
Starring: Chow Yun-Fat, Danny Lee

A landmark action film, The Killer represents the best of John Woo's work to date. A hitman takes one last job to raise money to fix the eyes of a beautiful singer who he accidentally blinded. A dutybound cop is on his trail, but as the two meet each other they form a bond and then an alliance against the apparently infinite number of Triads celebrating "Get Killed in Spectacular Fashion Week". This storyline would usually just be an adequate backdrop for the jaw-dropping "balletic" gunfights, but something in the writing and the performances makes the relationships the killer forms with the cop, the singer, and his old partner almost as interesting.

I can't use enough adjectives to describe the action sequences. They're over the top and poetry at the same time. The two-fisted gun action in this movie resonates in almost every modern action sequence in cinema. From Reservoir Dogs to Max Payne, the visual style of this movie can be seen. It gets 5 stars from me, even though I have to admit that some people just aren't going to like it. I think that those people are dumb.

RATING: 5

PROS: Absolutely fantastic action sequences, pre-cliche John Woo direction, harmonica
CONS: Lack of realism which bothers some people

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097202/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU