Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Directed by: Jonathan Lynn
Starring: Joe Pesci, Ralph Macchio, Marisa Tomei, Fred Gwynne. Lane Smith

My Cousin Vinny (1992) is probably my favorite comedy of all-time. I can't really explain easily why I love it so much, but there are just so many parts of the film that have me rolling on the floor laughing. The movie is pretty much a straightforward comedy with a story I found pretty unique and interesting.

The general story is that two friends from New York are driving to college through the South. They stop at a convenience store in Alabam and a while later a murder is committed there and the two friends are arrested and charged with the crime, which they did not commit. They don't have money for a lawyer but one of them knows of a lawyer in the family they can use. Enter Vincent Laguardia Gambini (Pesci). A lawyer that had to take the bar exam 6 times to become certified, and a native New Yorker extremely out of place with his fiance in Alabama.

There begins the hilarious saga of Vinny Gambini's defense for the two youths. I realize that on paper the movie may not sound particularly funny or entertaining but it is a very funny film with many hilarious one-liners and running jokes. I've probably seen it at least 15 times, and it has never ceased to be funny. My Cousin Vinny was never a particularly famous or crictically-acclaimed film but it can be purchased on DVD now for only $10 pretty much everywhere and it is well worth the price. I urge you to check it out if the premise sounds interesting or if you like "fish out of water" or courtroom comedies (lol Jury Duty lol).

RATING: 5.5

PROS: Incredibly funny, well-written, straightforward and entertaining
CONS: Others might not like it as much as I do, a bit slow in places

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104952/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
My Cousin Vinny is one of those movies where I HAVE to stop to watch if it comes up when I'm flipping through channels. great comedy, good performances, good script, and The Karate Kid is in it.

5/5