Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Directed by: Richard Linklater
Starring: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy

I went in with no expectations for this movie other then it seemed like a movie aimed at women or couples, and that I could like it since I'm a gigantic pansy that likes love stories despite pretending to only like things with THE FIGHTING~!

Before Sunrise is a movie about a man and a woman that meet on a train and decide to spend time with each other. The man is American and has to catch a flight out in the morning, and the woman spontaneously decides to spend time with him. She was on her way back home to Paris when she met him. Since he doesn't really have money for a hotel or anything, they decide to spend the night before his departure walking around Vienna before his flight the next morning.

I thought Before Sunrise was quite a good film. I can definitely see it as a good movie that I might like to watch with a lady friend, if I ever had one. I thought the way Ethan Hawke's character was written in certain points was sorta crappy but he had a few excellent moments as well. Also, Julie Delpy is incredibly hot in this movie. Her character is good too. The film doesn't have a particularly strong purpose, but is more of an exploration in two people's blossoming feelings for each other as they talk and learn about themselves and the other.

Overall, I can recommend this movie if you feel you're the sort of person that would like that sort of thing. I haven't seen very many romance movies so I can't really compare it to other ones, but maybe somebody else that has seen this can.

RATING: 4.0

PROS: Definitely a good date movie, makes you feel warm inside and all that
CONS: Humpy bumpy love stories aren't for everyone

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112471/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU