Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KJohns2001
May 15, 2004
Certified Motorized Wheelchair Racer
Directed by: Rob Reiner
Starring: Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox

This romantic comedy is a winner. It is one of my favorite movies for rainy days or days when I need a romance fix that is not geared entirely for female audiences.
The acting is superb and while the political bias, against republicans and the right to bear arms, is blatant it is within context enough that it does not hamper ones enjoyment of the movie if one happens to be republican. [This republican admits to cheering for the liberal president in the movie even as he disagrees with his political positions...and that is what makes this movie such a winner].
The dialogue is spot on, as is the chemistry between the various cast members...doubly so on the romantic chemistry between Doublas and Bening.
This is a 'must have' for any romantic comedy buff.

RATING: 5

PROS: Excellent date movie that is also eminently rewatchable
CONS: political bias against republicans, but the movie is so good that republicans can shelve it for the duration of the movie

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1995/11/1007317.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No, sorry, this right-winger couldn't really keep it down for the whole movie. The whole 'look at me, I'm so sensitive, and I'm liberal!' thing kept being dreged up OVER and OVER. And then when it wasn't being political it was a slightly above-average romantic comedy, which for me isn't a big drawing card. But hey, if you're not a knee-jerk conservative I can certainly think of worse date movies.
2/5 on a standard scale, 3.5/5 on a romantic movie scale.

zoomzip
Aug 31, 2001
uprock
this movie was written by Aaron Sorkin, the guy responsible for the West Wing. if you're a West Wing fan odds are you'd enjoy this movie and vice versa.

Cessna N333UM
Dec 7, 2003

Winning (and passing Check-Rides) is better than sex.
I loved the cigar smoking, hunting lodge, evil republican conspiring scene. Do liberals really think thats what republicans do? Anyway, Reiner knows how to make a good movie and this was no exception. The story kept me involved and the acting was pretty beleivable. I say:

3.5 / 5