Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighend
Dec 5, 2003
I'm all about the swishy.
Directed by: Jonathan Mostow
Starring: Kurt Russell, J.T.Walsh

"Breakdown" about a man named Jeff(Russell) traveling with his wife, Amy, when they have a breakdown in the middle of nowhere. Amy gets picked up by a truck driver, and after that, Jeff gets pulled into a game, where his and his wive's lives are both at stake.

This movie is my favorite thriller of all time, largely because of how unconventional it is. The villain in this story is pretty normal, he's not an international terrorist, or crime boss. One of the best scenes is when Russell follows the villain home, and gets to see his whole family. Still, the bad guys in this movie are very well-played and very deceptive.

The action scenes are nice, though not too frequent. Russell bring through his character's desperation throughout the movie, and through the course of it he learns that he has to do anything he can to save his wife, even if it means sinking to the level of her captors.

Overall a great and unconventional thriller.

RATING: 4

PROS: Good action, very personal story, unconventional villain
CONS: Not as realistic as it hopes to be

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118771/combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NADZILLA
Dec 16, 2003
iron helps us play
Breakdown is pretty dumb, but on a visceral level, it's childishly fulfilling. My favourite part was when Jeff shuffles Red and his huge family into the basement and Red trys to make a "You're gonna pay for this, buster" type speech and Jeff cuts him off by busting him in the face. Entertaining crap.

Four.